NFL 2023-2024

I watched Washington and Philly yesterday. Sam Howell gave a really good accounting of himself after imploding last week. The Eagles look like a suspect and beatable team.

I thought the Bears were ready to take a step forward this year. I thought they may even be able to win 8 games but boy was I wrong. It’s easy to toss around the word inept when talking about certain NFL teams but entire Bears organization is inept.

I watched Washington and Philly yesterday. Sam Howell gave a really good accounting of himself after imploding last week. The Eagles look like a suspect and beatable team.

Based on what I've seen, San Francisco and Dallas look better than Philadelphia. But, at the same time, Washington might be good.

I'd like to make one of their tier charts.

The Eagles played an incredibly poor game and still won.

Thanks guys! I use Sling Blue which doesn’t include ESPN. MNF is all I was worried about missing, so it’s nice to know I’ll be able to watch a few on ABC.
Circling back to this, Disney decided to put every remaining MNF game on ABC due to the writers’ and actors’ strikes, with the exception of one more MNF split doubleheader in week 14.

Circling back to this, Disney decided to put every remaining MNF game on ABC due to the writers’ and actors’ strikes, with the exception of one more MNF split doubleheader in week 14.

I have a hunch that, moving forward after this year, MNF will be back on ABC.

OTA (broadcast) and OTT (streaming) are what's important.

Nah the Eagles play down to opponents
The Patriots and Washington have some talent, the Commies are probably even a fringe playoff team. The Giants don’t have anything going for them. The Eagles could start Mariota and win by two scores.

Coming off of this week, it feels like there is a lot more hope for the Jets than the Giants. Good Lord this is bad.

Coming off of this week, it feels like there is a lot more hope for the Jets than the Giants. Good Lord this is bad.
Yep. The Jets have more talent and better coaching. There’s really not much the Giants have going. The offensive line is the worst in football and there’s no true #1 WR. The offense is almost never going to play well enough to win. And with the ceiling on what Daniel Jones is capable of doing with the talent around him, he wasn’t worth the money.

Well, thanks to the terrible NY Giants offense, I lost in my fantasy football league this week because the dude I'm playing against has Seattle's D/ST. They got 32 freakin points, and I lost by 5. Ugh

Well, thanks to the terrible NY Giants offense, I lost in my fantasy football league this week because the dude I'm playing against has Seattle's D/ST. They got 32 freakin points, and I lost by 5. Ugh
I lost by .12 because we gave Seattle a short field for Metcalf to get an easy TD on. Smh

Disappointed to hear they didn’t flex Bills/Giants out of SNF next week. I’m not really sure why that would be compelling TV for anyone other than Bills, Cowboys, and Eagles fans. The big brand/big market fetish is a bit much so far this season. Almost every other game that week is a better matchup.

Glad to see they flexed Lions/Bucs into the FOX Game of the Week though. Both teams deserve it.

Disappointed to hear they didn’t flex Bills/Giants out of SNF next week. I’m not really sure why that would be compelling TV for anyone other than Bills, Cowboys, and Eagles fans. The big brand/big market fetish is a bit much so far this season. Almost every other game that week is a better matchup.

Glad to see they flexed Lions/Bucs into the FOX Game of the Week though. Both teams deserve it.
Both New York City teams had Super Bowl expectations, so I get it to a degree.

And the networks are always going to televise as many NFC East games as possible.

I'm already sick of seeing New York City, Dallas and Taylor Swift.

Each network gets a limited number of flexes, right? Probably decided against it because New York is still a huge market, and the Bills are again looking like a marquee team.

I'm kinda tired of the rush to flex everything anyway. Sunday afternoons are still supposed to be the league's bread and butter, and there have been some barren 4PM windows this year even without flexing.

Each network gets a limited number of flexes, right? Probably decided against it because New York is still a huge market, and the Bills are again looking like a marquee team.

I'm kinda tired of the rush to flex everything anyway. Sunday afternoons are still supposed to be the league's bread and butter, and there have been some barren 4PM windows this year even without flexing.
I took a look, and SNF can be flexed twice from weeks 5-10. Rumors are they’re looking at week 8 (Bears/Chargers) and 10 (Jets/Raiders). So that makes more sense to me, although I’d probably keep Bears/Chargers since Chicago is at least interesting, while NYG is both bad and boring.

I completely agree the late window has been terrible this year. Seems like it’s been three games each week that wind up being blowouts. I’m positive the increase of TNF and the European morning games don’t help in the idea that they thin out the schedule.

Starting later this season they can even begin to flex TNF and MNF with Sunday games, so that’s a whole new ****show waiting to happen.

I took a look, and SNF can be flexed twice from weeks 5-10. Rumors are they’re looking at week 8 (Bears/Chargers) and 10 (Jets/Raiders). So that makes more sense to me, although I’d probably keep Bears/Chargers since Chicago is at least interesting, while NYG is both bad and boring.

I completely agree the late window has been terrible this year. Seems like it’s been three games each week that wind up being blowouts. I’m positive the increase of TNF and the European morning games don’t help in the idea that they thin out the schedule.

Starting later this season they can even begin to flex TNF and MNF with Sunday games, so that’s a whole new ****show waiting to happen.

Flex options should exist every week. They should probably look at the early season primetime games and choose safer scheduling options.

You can always count on the Cowboys being good until December.

Patrick Mahomes is always a safe bet because he's probably the most talented QB in the history of the game.

The Ravens/Steelers rivalry is always a good bet for producing an entertaining game.

Packers/Bears is at least a famed enough rivalry that it will keep people entertained no matter the score.

This year's been weird though. The Jets were Super Bowl contenders for four plays. The Giants were supposed to be much better. There was actually MVP talk surrounding Justin Fields and how the Bears, on paper, would be elite. The Jaguars offense is supposed to be doing a hell of a lot more than just scoring one touchdown a game.

Hell, we still have a primetime matchup coming up between Da Bears and the ****** Panthers.

That's not even an On The Clock Bowl because the Panthers gave their first rounder to the Bears.

FB_IMG_1696536878381.jpg

Back
Top Bottom