NFL 2023-2024

The Eagles could have stormed into Arrowhead playing at the top of their game, and a loss to one of the league's top teams would be understandable. They did not, at all, and this one was just another blown opportunity and sign that these aren't the Chiefs of the last four years. The offense is impotent by comparison, and it's hard to envision them fixing that this year with this receiving corps. The defense is the best it's been during their reign, but they aren't set up to win big games on that side of the ball. They're extremely vulnerable, but so is every other team in the AFC. It's a free-for-all.

When you pay the contracts they’re paying Mahomes, it’s hard to bring in great receivers. Especially after Trent Ballke napalmed the whole WR market.

Mahomes' deal is cap- and team-friendly. They simply haven't prioritized that position. They've taken some flyers on "talented" guys that aren't panning out.

For a team as good as the Chiefs, I don't understand how they are SOOOOOO bad at receiver. Justin Watson is a ***** who is clearly afraid of getting hit, so he drops anything when a defender is bearing down. MVS has hands of stone. Kadaverous Boney can't stay healthy and is more of a gadget player when he's actually on the field. Skyyyyy Moore just plain sucks. Mecole Hardman is just a guy who couldn't even get snaps on the Jets. Maybe Rashee Rice will be OK.

All the defense has to do is focus on stopping Kelce, and let the Kansas City wideouts stop themselves.
Andy Reid and recievers the Eagles never had a star one before the one year of TO and then later he drafted DeSean Jackson and Jermey Maclin but those were about the best recievers the Eagles had when Reid was coach.

The Eagles could have stormed into Arrowhead playing at the top of their game, and a loss to one of the league's top teams would be understandable. They did not, at all, and this one was just another blown opportunity and sign that these aren't the Chiefs of the last four years. The offense is impotent by comparison, and it's hard to envision them fixing that this year with this receiving corps. The defense is the best it's been during their reign, but they aren't set up to win big games on that side of the ball. They're extremely vulnerable, but so is every other team in the AFC. It's a free-for-all.
On the other hand the Eagles have rarely played to their full potential all year and they found ways to win all but one of their games so far.

When you pay the contracts they’re paying Mahomes, it’s hard to bring in great receivers. Especially after Trent Ballke napalmed the whole WR market.

They don't need great, they don't even need good. They just need average. Competent receivers are a dime a dozen.

The Rams drafted Puka Nacua in the 5th round back in April, and he was leading the league in receiving until he got banged up a couple weeks ago. The Texans picked up Noah Brown off of the scrap heap this offseason, and he had like 350 rec yards his last two games. Look at any team's roster and I bet you'll find a contributing WR or two who they got for nothing.

Gotta hit through the draft, and they haven’t. Moore and Rice were both taken in the 2nd round the past two years and so far have not panned out. Especially not compared to a lot of these other guys who come in and make an impact right away. That duo could’ve well have been Romeo Doubs and Tank Dell right now.

They don't need great, they don't even need good. They just need average. Competent receivers are a dime a dozen.

The Rams drafted Puka Nacua in the 5th round back in April, and he was leading the league in receiving until he got banged up a couple weeks ago. The Texans picked up Noah Brown off of the scrap heap this offseason, and he had like 350 rec yards his last two games. Look at any team's roster and I bet you'll find a contributing WR or two who they got for nothing.

Yeah. Honestly the current version of Mahomes doesn't look like a passer who can take advantage of a stud downfield threat that often anyway. What he needs are guys as middling but reliable as JuJu Smith-Schuster, who was the possession receiver last year.

IMG_4379.jpeg

Matt Canada might be the worst offensive coordinator in the history of football. I don't know how he managed to last this long in Pittsburgh, or how he even got the job to begin with.

Turkeys day games:

Packers vs Lions
Washington vs Cowboys
49ers vs Seahawks

What team wins an upset ? None is not an answer .

Washington

Gosh, I sure hope it’s not Green Bay. Detroit has ruined my Thanksgiving for the past 6 years (Slight exaggeration.) Give me a win this year!

If I had to pick one, I’d say Seattle over 49ers. But I don’t think we’ll see any upsets.

Turkeys day games:

Packers vs Lions
Washington vs Cowboys
49ers vs Seahawks

What team wins an upset ? None is not an answer .

Washington
I don’t think there will be any upsets but if I had to pick I’d say Packers over Lions, because I think Detroit is still prone to a let down game. Dallas beats the snot out of bad teams, especially at home, and I don’t think Seattle is as good as their record looks.

For an upset, I'll be the dumb goof who says Washington. Yeah they suck, but I really believe in Sam Howell. When he gets time to throw, he's capable of beating anybody

And that’s game. It’s amazing how quick this team went from good to trash. Struggled against Chicago, now getting smoked by Green Bay.

Back
Top Bottom