NitroDude's Racing Adventures

1679857920926.png
1679857814581-png.69562

Attachments

• 1679857814581.png
    1679857814581.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 302
Well, the 2023 BPR Spring Fling Bracket race is in the books. The Las Vegas and Arizona guys made the trip to BPR for this awesome race. There were 172 cars entered in the bracket race and when the dust settled, I had both of my cars in the final round for a winner runner-up finish. A few of us packed up Saturday night after the race was over and headed 150 miles north to Bakersfield for the JDS shootout on Sun. I won the Super Stock shootout and runnered up in the bracket race. It wasn't a bad weekend bringing home a over $1,600 in winnings. Since I was already 150 miles north, I decided to head on up to the cabin for a couple of weeks for some relaxation.
1682550132674.png

Hot dog!! You're pretty quick for an old dick.
Where's this cabin you go to? Up in the Sierra Mens.? Or some other wild place. Would like to see pictures of your place for relaxation.
Good job winning and getting runner-up. 👍

Hot dog!! You're pretty quick for an old dick.
Where's this cabin you go to? Up in the Sierra Mens.? Or some other wild place. Would like to see pictures of your place for relaxation.
Good job winning and getting runner-up. 👍
LOL😃 l call it the cabin but it is actually a small house out in the middle of no where up 395 towards Big Pine. I love hanging out there because it is so quiet and relaxing. Eating and sitting in the jacuzzi is what enjoy doing there. I used to go to an actual cabin up in mammoth but my buddy sold it and bought a vacation home on Lake Havasu so now that is my other getaway. 🤠
1682562889395.jpeg

Looks like a very relaxing place with everything a man could want to simply sit back and relax. Our home is relatively quiet but right now we are visiting our daughter in Wilmington, NC, and where her home is located here it is amazingly quiet. My Bride and I love to sit on the lanai and read and enjoy the solitude. No traffic sounds, the occasional airplane but rarely, otherwise it is a little bit of paradise in the meddle of a city. Who ever woulda thought? Going back to Florida tomorrow.

My home track Buena Park Raceway just signed up to use Pro Pairings. That will really step their program up to the next level at that track. Pro Pairings is the same system that is used at the million in Indiana. I have been out of town for a couple of weeks, but I plan to be home around the middle of next week, so hopefully they will have learned that system and have all of the bugs worked out by the time I get there. :)

LOL😃 l call it the cabin but it is actually a small house out in the middle of no where up 395 towards Big Pine. I love hanging out there because it is so quiet and relaxing. Eating and sitting in the jacuzzi is what enjoy doing there. I used to go to an actual cabin up in mammoth but my buddy sold it and bought a vacation home on Lake Havasu so now that is my other getaway. 🤠View attachment 70237
Sorry I haven't had any slot car racing updates, but I'm still up north and haven't raced any. I only planned on being here for a couple of weeks, but over a month and a half later and I'm still here. I have planned on leaving 3 times but decided to stay a little longer each time. So, now I have decided to spend the Memorial Day weekend here and head south next Wednesday. I need to get back to racing before I forget how to pull the trigger. :D

I returned home from my 6-week vacation Wednesday and went straight to Buena Park Raceway for a Wednesday night bracket race. There were 72 cars entered and I won with one of my dragsters and had a semifinal finish with one of my other dragsters. I missed having both cars in the finals due to a .002 red light.
1685751121395.jpeg
1685752024181.jpeg

Last Saturday I decided to head over to Piranha Speedway for a warmup bracket race to dial some cars in for a big race that I will be racing in there in a couple of weeks. My cars were running pretty good and I ended up with 2 of them in the final round for a winner runner up sweep.
1686876250828.jpeg
1686876288049.jpeg

I have decided to change 4 of my dragsters over to the new Pro-Slot 9000 SpeedBall motor from the Hawk-6 motor to hop them up a little. I changed 2 of them over last week and they both made it to the winner circle in the first race I competed in with them. I definitely like the new combo on tracks with 76 or lower track temps. I haven’t tested them on any higher track temps yet.
1686877561832.jpeg
1686877597336.jpeg
1686877649613.jpeg
1686877772290.jpeg
1686877895883.jpeg

Do you get any down force from the neo's pulling on the braids or is that non magnetic braid?
That is nonmagnetic braid. I put 7 to 10 grams of weight in the nose to eliminate braid ark and to keep the dragsters from de-slotting because they don't have wheelie bars. My funny cars and door cars all have wheelie bars.

That is nonmagnetic braid. I put 7 to 10 grams of weight in the nose to eliminate braid ark and to keep the dragsters from de-slotting because they don't have wheelie bars. My funny cars and door cars all have wheelie bars.
What is "braid arc?" Good job Nitro. Keep up the winning ways.

What is "braid arc?" Good job Nitro. Keep up the winning ways.
Braid arc is when the braid on the car and the braid on the track doesn't get a good contact and it arcs and burns the braid on the car. The performance of the motor falls off drastically depending how much arc there is. Here is a pic of a set of braid.
1686947842665.jpeg

How do you keep tire spin down? It seems that would be a key to getting top times.
Chassis, motor combo, gear ratio, tire size and compound, position of weight,,, and traction glue on the more powerful heads-up cars. I have all of my bracket cars set up so I don't need to use any traction glue. I can keep them much more consistent not using glue.

For the past 5 years I have run a pretty soft combo on my bracket dragsters. I run a J-K Hawk-6 motor with a Scrivner chassis with .078 stainless tubbing. I run a pretty soft gear ratio with a 16 pinion and a 50-crown gear with a 1 3/16 tall tire by .500 wide. That would be a 3.13 gear ratio. If a track is a little warm or slick, I might put on a 1 5/16 tire and drop the gear to a 48 or 46 crown which will leave a little less aggressive but give me a little more mph. My dragsters weigh around 95 grams. The 2 canopy dragsters weigh 102 grams. The yellow canopy dragster has a 1 3/16 tall tire and the red canopy dragster has a 1 5/16 tall tire. If a track is really cold and tight then I might run a .435 wide tire.
1686950845339.jpeg

I have some more results from some of the west coast races. A couple of weeks ago out of 60 cars on Saturday at BPR Ken Bieber took the win and I got runner up, 3rd and 4th in the bracket race.
1686976162175.png
1686976360175.png
1686975794524.png

A week ago, they started having Friday night bracket racing at BPR and out of 40 cars it was Cody K "aka BMR" blind man racing who took the win... and I finished runner-up and 3rd.
1687018150417.png
1687018278448.png
1687018021218.png

Wednesday night there were 87 cars in the bracket race at BPR, and at the end it was Cody sweeping the field with a winner-runner-up and 3rd place finish. He didn't leave any money on the table for anyone else.
1687018994097.png
:D
1687019077831.png
1687018855560.png

It has been a pretty good month in slot car racing for a few of my friends that has moved to other states in the past few years. Andy Cowdery moved to Texas a couple of years ago and he just got his first win since his move at a Dallas track earlier this month. Andy is the guy with the white t-shirt and apron on... I bought my first slot car from Andy when he was just a young man working at a slot car track in Corona California over 30 years ago.
1687020969582.png

My friend Larry Andrews moved to Georgia 3 years ago and he just got his first win since he moved, at a track in Dalton GA. Larry is the guy not wearing a baseball cap. Larry is a retired machinist. Larry used to make some pretty nice slugs for me to use when I was building cylinder heads for Jim Dunn Racing.
1687021681521.png

My good friend Randy Sanger just moved to Mississippi a couple of months ago and he just got his first win since he made the move, with a GTO he bought from me, at a track in Slidell Louisiana. Now I will have a place to stay when I go back there later this year for the Bash on the Bayou race in Louisiana. :D
1687022183174.jpeg

You're in a fun hobby and collecting a few greenbacks in the process. But like anything in racing, not meeting expenses but the pure pleasure takes over the portion making the shortfall. Enjoy the photos and seeing the results. Keep them coming!!

I decided to travel light for this weekends big race at Piranha Speedway. I didn’t bring my big box but just brought my car box and any tools and parts I might need. I’m only going to enter in the .990 index class with my funnycars and brackets with my dragsters. I tested my funnycars today and will dial my bracket cars in tomorrow for the race on Saturday. I have won the last 7 bracket races at the Piranha track so I’m going for number 8 this weekend.
1687485760241.jpeg

I just was looking at the pro pairing's standings, and out of 635 racers in the United States, I lead in round wins for the week and I'm 3rd overall for the month. My buddy Cody "BMR aka Blind Man Racing" is leading round wins for the month and is number 5 for the week. Our other buddy Ken Bieber that races a couple of times a week with us at our home track Buena Park raceway is 3rd in round wins for the week and 7th for the month. Since all 3 of us are racing at Piranha Speedway this weekend and it is not on the pro parings system, we won't receive any round win points this weekend, so we will probably lose a few positions before we are back at a pro pairings track next week. Our home track Buena Park Raceway is 2nd in rounds of racing run for the week and it is 3rd for the month over 27 other tracks on the pro pairings system. There is some pretty stout competition on the west coast. :D

Cody, Bieber, myself and Donnie’s pit spots for this race. Donnie is really thrashing hard tonight so his pit looks like a tornado went through it 😃
1687495037700.jpeg
1687495105605.jpeg

Racers started coming in as early as Wednesday and now it is Friday the day before the race and the place is filling up fast. Here are some pics I took as I was roaming around the pits.
1687569343959.jpeg
1687569413051.jpeg
1687569516340.jpeg
1687569593227-jpeg.71285

Attachments

• 1687569593227.jpeg
    1687569593227.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
Back
Top Bottom