NNS at Texas

Way too early for Chase to be in a Cup car. The kid is 18.

I do like MR's post, but yeah another year of N'wide on top of what looks like either his or Ty's championship this year, he should be set.

Way too early for Chase to be in a Cup car. The kid is 18.
If he wins more races this year there is no way he will be in NW next year, some one, most likely Hendeick will have him in a Cup car.

Bkbjv2BCMAALzrJ.jpg:large

Don't forget that SHR is also a full blown HMS team, so lets look at the ALL the HMS drivers...

Jeff Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Dale Jr
Kasey Kahne

Tony Stewart
Kevin Harvick
Kurt Busch
Danica Patrick

From that list who would you cut to make room for Kid Elliott?

Great run for the kid tonight. Loved seeing him beat the Cuppers.

Boy, its a no brainer isnt it? Last year, Rick Hendrick said he thought he could put the kid in a cup car and finish 20th.

To quote Hendrick, " there's no room at the inn."

If I had a crystal ball.........I think I see the number 24 retired and enshrined, replaced by the number 9. Jeff has a job waiting in the office.

The Elliott boys have arrived.

I don't think Mr Kahne is going anywhere, Rick has too big of an investment in him. Remember he hired him a year before he could drive for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
So with about 90 to go my power went out... and of course an NNS regular that I like wins the race... brutal. Good for him. I think he will win the championship as a rookie.. he's usually the first NNS regular behind the cup guys.

That suuucks though.. was it a good finish? What happened?

If I had a crystal ball.........I think I see the number 24 retired and enshrined, replaced by the number 9. Jeff has a job waiting in the office.

The Elliott boys have arrived.

I don't think Mr Kahne is going anywhere, Rick has too big of an investment in him. Remember he hired him a year before he could drive for him.
NASCAR doesn't retire numbers, but I could see Hendrick shelving the #24 for awhile when Gordon retires. If it turns out that Chase ends up being Gordon's replacement, it would be cool if HMS could somehow get the #9 from RPM, maybe they could change Ambrose's number to 44 or something.

I feel like I'm getting way ahead of myself talking about all this already, but it's fun to speculate.

I was really happy to see JMS get the 9 number for Chase. To us old time Bill Elliott fans that is what we remember the best even though he ran the 11 and 94 some. The number just has Elliott DNA on it.

Nah, I think a balls out outside pass for the lead was the key. Only a rookie would have done that, and he made it stick. All good rookies are that way until they hit the wall and get hurt. After that we see if they can still race hard. Larson splattered the wall last year at Daytona and got his bell rung. Took him a while to get his nerve back. So far Elliott is fast and good for him. But racing like that he is going to sooner or later going to end up with a wadded up race car.

Oh yeah he's so reckless leading the points :rolleyes:

LOL Why don't you guys worry about seeing him compete in NNS before you throw him in Jeff Gordons car? lol..

That being said he is clearly going to Hendrick (which in no way includes SHR :rolleyes: that's like saying Penske is Roush Yates) .. he's a development driver for JRM and clearly the best NNS regular... every week its something like "Cup guy, cup guy, cup guy, Chase Elliot... From what I've seen I expect him to win the NNS title this year as a rookie. Even JJ think's he's the next JJ...

This may get some flak but from what I've seen Chase Elliot is much better than "the prodigy" Kyle Larson.... just sayin....That is of course if you look at stock car racing. Which is after all... what they're doing.

LOL Why don't you guys worry about seeing him compete in NNS before you throw him in Jeff Gordons car? lol..

That being said he is clearly going to Hendrick (which in no way includes SHR :rolleyes: that's like saying Penske is Roush Yates) .. he's a development driver for JRM and clearly the best NNS regular... every week its something like "Cup guy, cup guy, cup guy, Chase Elliot... From what I've seen I expect him to win the NNS title this year as a rookie. Even JJ think's he's the next JJ...

This may get some flak but from what I've seen Chase Elliot is much better than "the prodigy" Kyle Larson.... just sayin....That is of course if you look at stock car racing. Which is after all... what they're doing.

Yes, they are both taking some attention away from Logano.

Yeah, we should wait and see. They threw Joey Logano into Tony Stewart's car without a lot of NNS experience and we all know how that turned out ;)
Regardless... Im just saying let the kid finish the season lol I wish Joey got that chance to run at least 1 full NNS season. Not that it makes a difference now .. he's fine and probably better because of it but it hurt for a while.

Whoah there, im a big fan of both these kids but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Larson ran circles around chase when he won the k&n title in lesser equipment with literally no stock car experience, just sayin. Larson is the most talented driver in the sport other then maybe kyle busch, and if I remember correctlyyou were saying chase was overrated before the year started

DaBiff, you are so right about getting ahead of ourselves. These youngsters are just getting started --- we have no clue how good, or bad, they may be until they've run at least 1/2 the season. I can remember several young'uns in the past that lit up the sport, but just couldn't cut it in the long haul --- even those who had good equipment.

DaBiff, you are so right about getting ahead of ourselves. These youngsters are just getting started --- we have no clue how good, or bad, they may be until they've run at least 1/2 the season. I can remember several young'uns in the past that lit up the sport, but just couldn't cut it in the long haul --- even those who had good equipment.
Agreed. IMO, this is the best class of youngsters to come along in quite some time.

Chase? He can't be one of the "young guns" He's a ringer! Look he's got whiskers! None of the others do, I rest my case..

Chase has big talent for sure. JRM has come a long way since he cleaned house and started utilizing HMS engineering help, etc. Rick will spare no expense to make the #9 the best cup-light car in NW.

It will be interesting to watch Kyle's NW schedule shrink along with his wins.

Kyle isn't going to cut back on Nationwide races. I think Kyle respects the talents of Elliott and Larson and I think he also enjoys the competitive racing.

Don't really care what anyone else thinks but seeing a young fella like Chase Elliott beating up on the 'King of the Minors' and a few of the other Cup regulars make watching the race all that much better. Not a damn thing wrong with the Cup drivers being there IMO.

To me it made the win so much more important because of the fact he raced and beat some of the best drivers in the Cup series for the win.
Same as when Larson tapped his first win a few weeks ago.

Just a guess but I bet Larson and Chase feel the same way.

if I remember correctlyyou were saying chase was overrated before the year started
If anything I said I don't like what he did to win at MoSport... I still don't, but I've been keeping an eye on him and he's been impressive. Like I said, it's usually "cup guy... cup guy.... cup guy... Chase Elliot"... As an 18 year old rookie that is extremely impressive to me. That on top of him winning in his 6th start leads me to think he is better than Larson. Most do not agree, but I don't see this abundance of amazing talent everyone talks about from Larson.. I see a great driver, but I see 3 or 4 more up and coming drivers that I think are just as good. We can speculate all we want but they all need time to really show what they've got. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, from what I've seen, I think Chase Elliott will do better than Kyle Larson. I may be wrong, that's fine. I wish them both well. One thing I know for sure is that it's going to be fun to watch.

Kyle isn't going to cut back on Nationwide races. I think Kyle respects the talents of Elliott and Larson and I think he also enjoys the competitive racing.

These youngsters like Larson and Elliott are gonna be thorns in Kyle's side in the future. They keep improving week in and week out.

Back
Top Bottom