Pennzoil 400 @ Las Vegas Pre-Race Thread

3 hours in surgery.
I'm thinking rods and screws. It's going to be weeks before he gets back in the car.

I'm all for the waiver and was 100% ok with KDB getting his the year he won the championship. But I wonder if the many Chase fans that cried so loud about KDB will have a whole different view now?
I personally was opposed to Kyle getting the waiver as well as opposing Elliot getting a waiver.

(In Jeff Burton voice) Every race counts or it should.

I'm fine with drivers getting a playoff waiver in these circumstances. Injuries are a part of the game, it could happen to anyone. Hopefully Chase has a quick recovery.

Now also made the top 30 rule go away because they knew the Chase Elliott leg injury was in the script for this season
It’s amazing how some of that stuff works out sometimes in NASCAR. Storylines write themselves.

Just finally looked at the lineup. Can't say I would have picked the 54 as the top qualifying Toyota

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1677994891725.png

To me it doesn’t really matter whether they get a waiver. We’re in the Oprah Winfrey era with this bogus format where everyone gets a shot.

NASCAR's "playoff" format seems to have turned into yet another "invitational."

How is it possible that the series' most popular driver isn't given a shot at the championship ?

NASCAR's "playoff" format seems to have turned into yet another "invitational."

How is it possible that the series' most popular driver isn't given a shot at the championship ?
Yeah ... and most Tik Tok followers. Should be automatic final 4.

Last edited:
Most Popular is an unscientific social media poll. Participants can vote as many times as they like. It indicates Chase's fans are more motivated and cyber-savvy than others but it doesn't accurately indicate who is the most popular. Still, them's the rules so he's the winner. Even if he's not on the ballot, I believe there's a space to write someone in, and #9 fans would certainly do so.

Most Popular is an unscientific social media poll. Participants can vote as many times as they like. It indicates Chase's fans are more motivated and cyber-savvy than others but it doesn't accurately indicate who is the most popular. Still, them's the rules so he's the winner. Even if he's not on the ballot, I believe there's a space to write someone in, and #9 fans would certainly do so.
He is definitely the most popular driver. He inherited all of Jeff Gordon's and Bill Elliott's fans.

Yeah, and it's also hard to really prove WHO the most popular driver is, because a lot of people who don't care about the award won't vote.

Also, Chase is disliked by A LOT of fans as well. I know it is truly impossible to know, but I bet if every single fan who tunes in were polled to list their 5 favorite drivers, we'd see a lot of surprises.

Chase would still be at the top though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What , exactly is it , that makes him popular?
The reasons people like him are obvious. He's a humble guy from a small southern town with deeply rooted heritage to the sport. That is the foundation that this sport was built on. Who else on the grid has that?

It also helps that he's extremely talented, marketable, says the right things and is not a potential PR nightmare, he has the female backing like Blaney does, and he did take over for Jeff Gordon.

He is definitely the most popular driver. He inherited all of Jeff Gordon's and Bill Elliott's fans.
That is very true, just like Dale Junior inherited a lot of Dale Seniors fans. Come to think of it the one person in NASCAR that probably would have made a legit most poular driver would have been Danica Patrick. Didn’t she come in 2nd right behind Dale JR a few times and whose votes did she inherit?:)

Back
Top Bottom