Phoenix - NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race Pre-Race Thread

Man, I really need to go to a Championship race sometime. Phoenix is so far away though! Maybe they should move the finale to a centralized location, say like…oh I don’t know, Kansas maybe!?!? 😉

Thanks for all of the well wishes....and not so well wishes. Yeah, bummed about Bell's rotor....but WE showed up ready, and really had the car to beat for the Championship. Opportunity lost as the Chain Gang completely **** the bed. This is about competition....and losing is a part of that unfortunately. Fabulous weekend....flying back tomorrow...proudly wearing my Rheem hat. Next year. Congrats Blaney fans.

Thanks for all of the well wishes....and not so well wishes. Yeah, bummed about Bell's rotor....but WE showed up ready, and really had the car to beat for the Championship. Opportunity lost as the Chain Gang completely **** the bed. This is about competition....and losing is a part of that unfortunately. Fabulous weekend....flying back tomorrow...proudly wearing my Rheem hat. Next year. Congrats Blaney fans.
You’re right the Chain Gang stayed on the brakes a little too much as far as speed today. :p ;)

Hard to see how with this new brake being so huge that we still have a issue compared to the much smaller rotors of yesterday

Hard to see how with this new brake being so huge that we still have a issue compared to the much smaller rotors of yesterday
I don't know, but I am wondering if a limit was being pushed. Wouldn't there be a downforce gain if you restricted airflow? Perhaps, risk/reward...and the risk turned out to be too great. I didn't hear of any other complaints about rotors.

Yes there is a down force advantage if you tape the ducts but they did show, (on X) that his had no tape. Even on the short tracks we are not seeing as many issues as previously with this new package, assuming the bigger size dissipates heat better

Yes there is a down force advantage if you tape the ducts but they did show, (on X) that his had no tape. Even on the short tracks we are not seeing as many issues as previously with this new package, assuming the bigger size dissipates heat better
Was it open prior to the green? Adam had mentioned not he scanner that it was "open now," and that it was on CBell at that point to manage temps. Might be making too much of semantics....maybe it was always open?

Ducts open, and Adam said that the cooling package was conservative. **** happens.

I really do think once they narrow it down to 8 the last 4 races should just be the normal reset and straight up points race to the finish. Yeah it may wind up being chalk in the end most years but at least you're still rewarding a full season's work and not a singular pit stop at the end of 1 race or some BS on a restart. And you still get those playoff moments the first 6 races where who knows what happens to who.
I'd like this better.

Or honestly just go back to the chase. 10 races..top 10 in points. Points race to the finish

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Once again Preacher and his Tapeota boys win the coveted CHOKE award for 2023.
1699547343972.png

Back
Top Bottom