Phoenix - NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race Pre-Race Thread

MY Toyotas have been on pole for 8/9 Playoff races. None bigger than today....DROP THE ****** HAMMER BELL!!!!! This is living people! I ****** LOVE EVERY OUNCE OF THIS!!!!!!!!
I love your enthusiasm Rev... but don't be upset when the dust settles and one of my HMS Chevy Boys is holding the trophy. :punkrocke

All the speed the 5 had this year, season is utterly toast.

A disasterous practice where they missed time. Kyle said he left more confused about the new tire than before practice. They're unclear with what they have will translate to Sunday.

Just a disaster. Will spend most the race running in the back half of the top 10 imo. Blaney will still be car to beat, assuming we don't get late race yellows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thats why they have multiple races. It increases the chances of luck.
I just wish we had the old chase format back. Byron is most deserving in that format, imo.

We wouldn't be talking about luck, because bonus points, and a +6 differential wouldn't really deprive him of the point lead, whereas it would deprive him of a Phoenix shot in this format without that luck.

I

I just wish we had the old chase format back. Byron is most deserving in that format, imo.

We wouldn't be talking about luck, because bonus points, and a +6 differential wouldn't really deprive him of the point lead, whereas it would deprive him of a Phoenix shot in this format without that luck.

I

It's all good. Tomorrow will tell the truth.

I really do think once they narrow it down to 8 the last 4 races should just be the normal reset and straight up points race to the finish. Yeah it may wind up being chalk in the end most years but at least you're still rewarding a full season's work and not a singular pit stop at the end of 1 race or some BS on a restart. And you still get those playoff moments the first 6 races where who knows what happens to who.

Byron typically runs at or above ever eve qualified honestly.
Not much else to say.

I don't know why the last few Cup races have been scheduled to start a few minutes into the broadcast window, but I like it. Keep scheduling the pre-race ceremonies during the pre-race show.

Right about now he is trying to convince himself that the 20 will "race well". Lets not tell him that CBell has never led a lap at Phoenix. 😁
I saw the lap averages. Maybe you didn't? We will be in the game. If it was easy to win it, I wouldn't be here. Let's go!

All the speed the 5 had this year, season is utterly toast.

A disasterous practice where they missed time. Kyle said he left more confused about the new tire than before practice. They're unclear with what they have will translate to Sunday.

Just a disaster. Will spend most the race running in the back half of the top 10 imo. Blaney will still be car to beat, assuming we don't get late race yellows.

Interesting. I like MY guy and Blaney battling. Traffic will be an issue. It will be hot and slick. I was disappointed with Bell's qualifying, but pleased to see him only 13th after it was all said and done. WE can win from there.

I hope that this doesn't come across as narcissistic, but I just cannot describe how pumped I am for today. This is absolutely living people! Have a great day everybody, and I will see you here later to take your ****.....or hopefully, to dish a little.

GO BELL!!!!!!!

Christopher Bell at Phoenix Raceway
RaceFinishStartCar #TeamMakeLedStatusS1
Fin
S2
Fin
Rating
14Mar 12, 202365#20Joe Gibbs RacingToyota0running37111.8
236Nov 6, 20221017#20Joe Gibbs RacingToyota0running692.8
34Mar 13, 2022264#20Joe Gibbs RacingToyota0running668.2
436Nov 7, 202198#20Joe Gibbs RacingToyota0running85.2
55Mar 14, 202194#20Joe Gibbs RacingToyota0running1097.3
636Nov 8, 20201717#95Leavine Family RacingToyota0running69.4
74Mar 8, 20202415#95Leavine Family RacingToyota0running60.5
I will let you do the heavy lifting with this....Give me the starts/finishes in the Next Gen...then give me the starts/finishes with this tire.

Id like to see the regular season points champ have a bye to the Champ 4
AGREE and have been preaching this for years now. That makes the regular season points race and championship HUGE…bigger than anything except the final race. It’s so obvious, can’t understand why NASCAR hasn’t done it. Then each of the three (3 race) playoff segments then put ONE driver into the finals.

I will let you do the heavy lifting with this....Give me the starts/finishes in the Next Gen...then give me the starts/finishes with this tire.
Hey @Revman, are you at Phoenix today? Wish I was there pulling for Blaney, but in any case enjoy the day!

AGREE and have been preaching this for years now. That makes the regular season points race and championship HUGE…bigger than anything except the final race. It’s so obvious, can’t understand why NASCAR hasn’t done it. Then each of the three (3 race) playoff segments then put ONE driver into the finals.
Why not? I mean it is another way to make the championship more confusing and meaningless.

Win the regular season, spend 9 weeks running around the back and preparing for the final race. Why not?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The regular season champion kind of has that. All MTJ needed to do was be okay, and he would be relevant today. He wasn't....and he isn't. If the regular season Champion meant anything in terms of measuring performance, it isn't asking a ton IMO.

Interesting. I like MY guy and Blaney battling. Traffic will be an issue. It will be hot and slick. I was disappointed with Bell's qualifying, but pleased to see him only 13th after it was all said and done. WE can win from there.
Only half a mile behind Byron so far. Good luck

I hope that this doesn't come across as narcissistic, but I just cannot describe how pumped I am for today. This is absolutely living people! Have a great day everybody, and I will see you here later to take your ****.....or hopefully, to dish a little.

GO BELL!!!!!!!
Maybe this is narcissistic, or maybe just weariness, but I've already narrowly lost two championships this weekend, and I really kind of expect to lose a third one today. Either way, I still have to get up and go to work tomorrow.....

I am! Thanks man! Pretty big following for YRB....His space is the garage has the most energy of the Championship 4.
1699198794140.jpeg

Championship Sunday is Here. Lets Go Larson! Sad fact is, theres not going to be a NASCAR race until February and that really blows, this year went by so fast

Championship Sunday is Here. Lets Go Larson! Sad fact is, theres not going to be a NASCAR race until February and that really blows, this year went by so fast
Yup, every year goes by quicker and quicker.

Random, but I think I'm going to dial back the amount of races that I watch next year. I watch every single weekend, but in the past couple years I find myself looking forward to the finale to be able to get my full Sundays back again. I think I'm going to watch the crown jewel races next year and some other random ones here and there, but my days watching the whole season under the microscope may be over.

Back
Top Bottom