Phoenix RACE thread

i musta missed the interview where people were mad at Newman or the ruckus from his driving

He didn't do anything wrong except slid up the hill. I thought it was chicken**** until I saw a replay.

I liked Gordon calling out Kes again at the end of the race and trying to show you can race clean and succeed but it was Newman and his aggressive driving that eliminated him. Bwhaha:punkrocke

I liked Gordon calling out Kes again at the end of the race and trying to show you can race clean and succeed but it was Newman and his aggressive driving that eliminated him. Bwhaha:punkrocke

Gracious in defeat... right?

And you weren't satisfied between the 70's and 04'?
sure, Dale got seven of them. all things change, some for the better some not so good. I only got a computer in my 50's and still have a flip phone no texting.

sure, Dale got seven of them. all things change, some for the better some not so good. I only got a computer in my 50's and still have a flip phone no texting.

Oh you're a Dale fan. Explains the joy in poking at the 24 fans.

Carry on.

please enlighten me all knowing DUN24. But I do know jeffy not going to win #5 this year.

A point system that eliminates one of the best teams of the year from the championship, yet includes a team that wasn't even close to being one of the best teams of the year to complete for the championship, is a ridiculous point system.

You are now enlightened.

Oh you're a Dale fan. Explains the joy in poking at the 24 fans.

Carry on.
I'm a fan of any one in a Bowtie that wins over Jack's Fords.or Joe's Toyotas. we had all the bowtie flags flying at the races, but the 3 was always on top.

A point system that eliminates one of the best teams of the year from the championship, yet includes a team that wasn't even close to being one of the best teams of the year to complete for the championship, is a ridiculous point system.

You are now enlightened.
once again because you say so, that is your opinion not a fact. the fact is that the 31 is in and the 24 is out.

END OF STORY.

You are now enlightened.
You forgot IMO. Plenty of us don't think so and think they way things are right now with sore losers and hard racing is a good thing.

You forgot IMO. Plenty of us don't think so and think they way things are right now with sore losers and hard racing is a good thing.

And a potential champion that was no where near one of the best teams of the year.

If Newman wins it. Honestly we can all say he won in midfield team equipment...

Alan Kuwicki would be ecstatic. We can all say we are watching the little team that could with RCR.:sarcasm:

once again because you say so, that is your opinion not a fact. the fact is that the 31 is in and the 24 is out.

END OF STORY.

I understand the 24 is out. Even if he was in it's still a ridiculous point system that eliminates one of the best teams of the year from the championship.

Personally I want the championship to go to the best team of the year.

It makes no sense to me to eliminate one of the best teams of the year no matter who it is.

If Logano had wrecked and was eliminated I'd be here saying the same thing.

I'll repeat myself.

It is pathetic that this is what is necessary to move on.
So that's a yes?
I will say Blaze88's argument is ridiculous, but I wouldn't say Newman intended to wreck Larson. I just think he intended to bump Larson, much like they do at short tracks. And it just happened to cut his tire.
So an argument that says Newman did what he had to do and anyone would to advance is ridiculous?

Truex didn't even try to challenge Newman even though he had fresher tires and a faster car. I'd be interested to hear his radio chatter given that he runs RCR engines.

Last edited:
What is the whole point of a championship?

It's a celebration of the best performers of the year..... Which this is not.
Not anymore. Things change. NASCAR has given the fans everything the fans say they want. Those that don't like it are free to not watch.

As a Gordon fan, I totally understand the frustration but it's just racing. No one died. Gordon has probably 3 seasons left. I plan on enjoying them instead of wasting time crying over spilled milk. Hopefully Jeff can get to 100 wins and get that 5th Cup but if it doesn't happen I'll just be glad that I was around to watch him.

Truex didn't even try to challenge Newman even though he had fresher tires and a faster car. Is be interested to hear his radio chatter given that he runs RCR engines.

Uh-oh, Brian created a monster. The cries of 'No fair. Put Jeff in again" have started.

Just my $.02

This new format is interesting, only for the fact it has made more drivers show a willingness to go for it. That's it.

I still struggle to get behind any format where a 43rd place driver who is limping around can blow a tire (among other things) to have any effect on the outcome of a playoff race. Whether that is taking a drive out in a wreck, or changing late race pit strategy. Those guys not directly in the 'playoffs' should not have a chance to change the race in any way.

Back
Top Bottom