Phoenix RACE thread

Ya know the prechase points system had its problems too. It rewarded consistency and not winning. Case in point, 1985, Elliott dominates the season, 11 wins, loses to Daryll at the final race in Atlanta. Just sayin
NASCAR needed/needs to create a points scale that actually rewards winning. Fact of the matter is that Elliott would've won '85, Wallace would've won '93, Gordon would've won '96, and so on if NASCAR actually used a scale similar to IndyCar's.

NASCAR needed/needs to create a points scale that actually rewards winning. Fact of the matter is that Elliott would've won '85, Wallace would've won '93, Gordon would've won '96, and so on if NASCAR actually used a scale similar to IndyCar's.
but they didn't. if you make different system other then the one they are using now it will always be the same complaint by someone.

I have been a harvick fan since day one, but that move at dega not helping Newman to the win and keep kez out was bs and they did have some struggles.
Last month? I don't really remember. Logano was blocking like crazy for Keselowski and I thought Newman got shuffled back that way.

They've had speed all year. Terrible luck, some bad reliability early on, and consistently bad pit stops hurt them for a while.

but they didn't. if you make different system other then the one they are using now it will always be the same complaint by someone.
You can't complain that the system doesn't reward winning if you create a system that rewards winning.

Half of the drivers still alive have a combined one win and that was on a plate track, of all places. The onus is on NASCAR.

Were you around when this system was announced before being implimented? The response was overwhelmingly negative, but the idiots in charge decided to impliment this playoff system anyway. Before this year, people were complaining about the old Chase and wanted it to go away.

This was a case of NASCAR giving their fans something they did not want.
You've been whining about this all year like a broken record. This format has produced a ton of drama and excitement.

Why is it everytime someone expresses an opinion that differs from your own its "whining"?

Nobody can get along in here. Its getting old.

Ya know the prechase points system had its problems too. It rewarded consistency and not winning. Case in point, 1985, Elliott dominates the season, 11 wins, loses to Daryll at the final race in Atlanta. Just sayin

I still think back on Kenseth winning the title in '03 and it makes me realize how bad the old system was in some years.

A guy who had 1 win, and lead a total of 350 laps in 36 races won a championship that year. Just absurd.

Prior to the Chase, the only fix that the points system needed was to award significantly more points to the race winner.

Although we really can't take proposed "new" rules and apply them to select years in the past to demonstrate a different championship outcome (any more than we can take "old" rules and apply them to modern day), that simple change to the old system might likely have created the late-season hard charge for wins that we're seeing now.

B2DaRZSIQAAzYL0.jpg:large

I went to a concert today and, at 4am, just finished watching the race. The outcome and winner of today's race was appropriate and deserved.
The Chase is an absolute joke and spits in the eye of NASCARs last devoted fanbase.

Danica could have won in the 4 car :rolleyes:

I thinking you are joking. But in any case, one can be made for it is the driver and not the car making it work with Harvick at Phoenix.

RCRs last win was with Harvick at Phoenix. A year prior or in 2012 he won it on a down weekend for RCR with the revelation of Harvick taking Bud to SHR in 2014.
He seems impervious to who's the car owner, crew chief, or the generation of car. I think he could have won it even in a 2014 RCR car Sunday.

It is his best track. Dominate enough to even make roughing him up almost impossible. Never even close enough for a hole, bump and run, an 8 tire slam pass, or slide job.

No catching the 4, he sat out front and stayed out of trouble all day long. I think Harvick knows where he wants to run on the track and sets his car up for it and the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom