Phoenix Ratings Skyrocket

I hate it for determining a champion. I love it for the entertainment value!

oh...and the messageboard fodder it generates is pretty entertaining, too!

NASCAR is in the entertainment business. They're doing a good job, because everyone's entertained. This has been the best ****** year in NASCAR in my lifetime!

Phoenix was much anticipated, everyone I talked to was expecting a real dogfight and tons of drama...................... there was no drama to speak of and the 4 car was so far above the others that there was no racing for the lead. It wasnt nearly the race I was expecting, chase races at phoenix never are IMO

I'm right here. :)

As I said last week, I post the good ratings as well as the bad. I just didn't know they were available this quickly, usually takes a couple days. I guess good news travels faster than bad. ;)
Thats pretty cool though ratings up in the last 2 events... not sure if Im going to go ahead and attribute it to the chase yet... but all the headlines of the fights and drivers like JJ, Jr, and now Jeff Gordon (drivers even non fans would have heard of) out on contention and all the other excitement leading up to this point could be what has people tuning in... and I assume that (like with myself) once they watch a race, especially one like yesterdays,... they'll be hooked. Then once they pick a driver.. it's a done deal lol

We might have a lot of new Joey, Denny, Harvick and Newman fans around here next season.

The manufactured drama brought in the sheep for 1 race.

1 race doesnt define a season's worth of ratings. Much like 1 race doesnt define a seasons worth of races :)

Im all for NASCAR getting better ratings, but not bc of this manufactured WWE drama.

Jr fans havent been attacked on this forum like the Gordon fans have.

You're not allowed to be a Gordon fan here anymore. Say anything even remotely in disagreement with something else and your opinion is invalidated because you're a crybaby, sore loser, whiner, etc. even if it has nothing to do with Gordon.
I will say one thing in defense of the Gordon fans on here. A lot of people are trying to paint the picture that Gordon fans are bashing this chase format just because he got eliminated. That was pretty much the theme on the Sirius NASCAR Radio morning show today. However, at least on this forum, I know that a lot of the Gordon fans who are bashing the format today felt the same way months ago. It's not like you guys were all in with this format until yesterday and now all of a sudden it sucks.

Sorry to the OP that the thread got off track. Just needed to point out the BS posts.

Im excited to see what the ratings will be next week. I have a theory that Phoenix was just a jump in ratings because people tuned in hoping to see another fight. Now that it didnt happen, I wonder how the ratings will look after Homestead.

The ratings for the NASCAR banquet will be real interesting :D

I keep hearing what Hannibal on the A team would say. "I love it when a plan comes together." Nascar is doing a fine job of attracting new and old fans. They pulled a good move this year, compared to other motorsports there isn't anything that remotely compares to what is going on in Nascar. In the Tudor series, or F-1, not even close. Indy car was probably closest with their double points races and their ratings were up and healthy this year and good fun to watch. Probably see a lot more of these types of formats in the future in other series.

I keep hearing what Hannibal on the A team would say. "I love it when a plan comes together." Nascar is doing a fine job of attracting new and old fans. They pulled a good move this year, compared to other motorsports there isn't anything that remotely compares to what is going on in Nascar. In the Tudor series, or F-1, not even close. Indy car was probably closest with their double points races and their ratings were up and healthy this year and good fun to watch. Probably see a lot more of these types of formats in the future in other series.

I love IndyCar to death but they're going to give up all their gains with their weak ass schedule next year.

Well it cant always be bad news. Sometimes you are bound to get good results. One fine weekend doesn't dissolve the big mess that is NASCAR in the ratings.

Getting beat by preseason football was hilarious a while back.

The manufactured drama brought in the sheep for 1 race.

1 race doesnt define a season's worth of ratings. Much like 1 race doesnt define a seasons worth of races :)

Im all for NASCAR getting better ratings, but not bc of this manufactured WWE drama.

Yep and next years ratings might take a big hit when folks discover there wasnt any drama in this over hyped race

Probably didn't hurt either that the NFL's three late games yesterday were all turds. Still, a 21% increase is pretty good.

Phoenix was much anticipated, everyone I talked to was expecting a real dogfight and tons of drama...................... there was no drama to speak of and the 4 car was so far above the others that there was no racing for the lead. It wasnt nearly the race I was expecting, chase races at phoenix never are IMO

Yea, yesterday's race was a snore-fest save for the last green flag run.

I will say one thing in defense of the Gordon fans on here. A lot of people are trying to paint the picture that Gordon fans are bashing this chase format just because he got eliminated. That was pretty much the theme on the Sirius NASCAR Radio morning show today. However, at least on this forum, I know that a lot of the Gordon fans who are bashing the format today felt the same way months ago. It's not like you guys were all in with this format until yesterday and now all of a sudden it sucks.

I liked the format when it was announced and I still like it today. I just wish Alan wouldn't have panicked at Texas which caused the crew to change right side tires instead of lefts which caused Jeff to lose a lap. Lost probably 5-8 points right there,

NASCAR is in the entertainment business. They're doing a good job, because everyone's entertained. This has been the best ******* year in NASCAR in my lifetime!

damn andy! now the only reason I don't want harvick to win the chase is to temper your enthusiasm!!!:D GO #4!!!

the dark side: I have basic cable. it's a bit frustrating when my favorite sport is on cable rather than network television. considering the $$$$ in that broadcast contract, the chase races should be available to more viewers.

The fight had a lot to do with the boost to the viewership, imo. It was getting played on sports shows that very rarely, if ever, cover anything Nascar related. Highly Questionable (ESPN2) even had a segment about it.

I have the distinct feeling that the constant replay of the scrum had a lot to do with the number of eyeballs of the TV.
Have to wait and see if it carries over to Homestead --- and more importantly at Daytona next year.

Just glad they have their own thread to refer them to. Too many crocodile tears everywhere else.

@nateryan Nationwide rating up double digits for 2nd straight race. PHX: 1.2, averaging 1.8 million viewers. Nearly half-million more than '13

@nateryan The rating for previous week's Nationwide race at Texas was up 22% (despite being less than enthralling and vs. college football).

@nateryan Nationwide rating up double digits for 2nd straight race. PHX: 1.2, averaging 1.8 million viewers. Nearly half-million more than '13

@nateryan The rating for previous week's Nationwide race at Texas was up 22% (despite being less than enthralling and vs. college football).

But... but... but ... the new Chase is the end of NASCAR.
cdsulhoff.gif
I read it on here so it must be true.

Back
Top Bottom