Phoenix Ratings Skyrocket

It may be, but I think it's still in the upper tiers with a lot of providers that require shelling out a lot of extra $$$.
yeah it is on the second tier on my cable, quite a jump. Fox 2 isn't even available, I caught a lot of fox 2 on the internet though. they have added a lot of car shows on other channels that has filled the void quite a bit left by Speed going away. I'm not in shock anymore. Some of them are excellent.

yeah it is on the second tier on my cable, quite a jump. Fox 2 isn't even available, I caught a lot of fox 2 on the internet though

Yeah, not really sure. I don't pay for my cable - it's either included in my rent where I live or I just go without. With the TV anywhere, I can usually borrow a friend or family's login and watch FOX Sports 1, NBCSN, ESPN, MSNBC and CNN online in HD.

Thank you for the new Chase, Brian France. :)

But... but... but ... the new Chase is the end of NASCAR.
cdsulhoff.gif
I read it on here so it must be true.

Time for some Andy logic..

The Chase is in desperate need of change and has been from the start. Personally, I'd rather scrap it but that ain't going to happen. Unfortunately, there are just too many intermediate tracks to start with.

I'd scrap Chicago entirely from the Chase but that's not going to happen either.

The implementation of the Chase sucked as much as the Chase sucks. If you're going to have a playoff system, at least manufacture a schedule that generates excitement. They've made some changes but not nearly enough. I get why they moved the first race in the Chase to Chicago but man it sucks.

This one is a particular good one about the subject we are discussing right now.

And I'm going to say the same thing I've said for years:
The economy does not explain the decline in television ratings, especially when every other professional sport has seen an across the board ratings increase and, in some sports, across the board increases in attendance.

NASCAR turned away from their older fanbase but never attracted a younger fanbase. They thought young people would like the CoT because it had a goofy wing on it like all the ricer burners. They think young people will enjoy superspeedways because the cars run 200+ mph.

NASCAR might be more concerned with attendance right now, and might think it's wise to make facilities nicer instead of improve the racing, and that's fine. But they have a real rude awakening coming over the next few years when TV contract negotiations heat up. They're going to lose a lot of money in that.

NASCAR needs to seriously revamp the points system, put more emphasis on winning races, top-five finishes, leading the most laps, top-ten finishes and etc. And, for the love of god, get rid of the Chase.

Harvick: most points, best average finish. 2nd in points.

The Chase sucks.

It's the Chase, not the COT. What used to be really good races (Bristol Night Race, Richmond) are now races building up to the Chase. So everyone's being conservative trying to make the Chase and the end result is a horrible bore. There hasn't been a good Bristol Night Race since 2003 (before the sorry ass Chase).

The Countdown is just as crappy as The Chase, especially last year.

So much for the awesome chase eh Andy?

I could have kept going through more posts bashing the chase, NASCAR declining ratings and how boring all the races are etc, but at last, you get the point.

I find that hard to believe with the ratings they got for the NLCS on FOX Sports 1.
Not sure what the case is with all providers, but I have Xfinity and ESPN is on Ch. 11 in the lower tier and FS1 is on Ch. 219 in a higher tier. It may require a jump in $ for some people to see some of the races next year.

This one is a particular good one about the subject we are discussing right now.

I could have kept going through more posts bashing the chase, NASCAR declining ratings and how boring all the races are etc, but at last, you get the point.

He has had a frontal lobotomy since then, It's the new Andy.

lol Supa Hot Fire.

My TV package is included in my rent and I don't get FS1 or FS2. I'm a leech though, so I use my family's cable account to access FOX Sports Go.

Someone loves me. :cool: How many hours did you spend looking up messages from last year (and farther back)? I've been a fan of the new Chase since it was formally announced and I think, years ago, I was saying that, if NASCAR's going to have a playoff, they should institute a real playoff.

Someone loves me. :cool: How many hours did you spend looking up messages from last year (and farther back)? I've been a fan of the new Chase since it was formally announced and I think, years ago, I was saying that, if NASCAR's going to have a playoff, they should institute a real playoff.

No more than 15 minutes.

I literally just searched for "The chase sucks" and added your name on the members name and a plethora of your antic chase posts came up. LOL

big 10 yr $$ fox / nbc paid was ta help build out fs1 / nbcsn w/ live content.
long haul committment.
thinkin nbc's gonna be future big ratings winner w/ chase races tho.

I saw you there that weekend. :cheers: Man, I love Martinsville.
Only four more months! Packin the snowshoes for that one. I bought a gross of hand-warmers and a new face shield to protect me from the winds up there in the South Terrace next March. On the best of days @ Martinsville there are still about 20mph winds blowing in our faces up there. I'm going prepared this year. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom