Phoenix Ratings Skyrocket

This can't be a bad thing. I'd hope that we could all agree on that. No? Probably not.

Untitled.jpg

from here

This can't be a bad thing. I'd hope that we could all agree on that. No? Probably not.

View attachment 15286

from here
Still only 3 of 9 races that have beaten last year's numbers, but definitely going in the right direction. That 2011 number will be pretty hard to top, the year we had that epic battle between Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards. It'll be interesting to see how close it comes this weekend.

I tuned in Sunday basically because of all the hype. Only problem was the race wasn't good enough to hold my interest. I wonder how many of those folks had the race on but only had a passing interest in it.

I don't think there is a button for that? just watched or not watched. Be sure to turn your TV off next time so the all important ratings can be more accurate.:blush:

I think folks tune in for many different reasons . Whether or not the race is exciting to watch probably doesn't have much effect on the numbers because you generally don't know how exciting it was till it's over . The pay back issue may cause some folks to tune in but ,again , you don't know till the race is over if that did happen . Obviously there has been an increase in the past few years due to the chase .

I tuned in Sunday basically because of all the hype. Only problem was the race wasn't good enough to hold my interest. I wonder how many of those folks had the race on but only had a passing interest in it.

Most of the people I talked to at the race werent impressed, most over hyped race in quite a while

you have two kinds of fans..Idiots, and everybody else. If they were stupid enough to tune in to see a fight, more power to them. The rest of us know that fights (if you want to call them that) in Nascar seldom happen. I think we had more lunar eclipses this year than fights. Had more fights last year I believe.

you have two kinds of fans..Idiots, and everybody else. If they were stupid enough to tune in to see a fight, more power to them. The rest of us know that fights (if you want to call them that) in Nascar seldom happen. I think we had more lunar eclipses this year than fights. Had more fights last year I believe.
I tuned in to see some good racing with a little bit of passion. I saw neither in this snooze fest.

Didn't think I was, you mentioned snooze fest right?
I tuned in to see some good racing with a little bit of passion. I saw neither in this snooze fest.

Wonder if the ratings geeks count this too?

Beyond the United States
While NASCAR does not produce a "world feed" broadcast, it does have 23 international broadcast partners. Among them are NTV, TSN, Premier Sports, Motorvision TV, Sportsnet, The Score, Bell TV, Speed Latin America, Fox Sports Latin America, ESPN Middle East, Fox Sports Australia, Sport Klub Poland, AB Moteurs, ESPN America, Viasat Motor, Sport TV, StarHub, Dubai Sports Channel, SNTV, Fox Sports Asia[20] and American Forces Network.[21] Neo Sports in India start broadcasting NASCAR races in March 2010 at Martinsville.

Wonder if the ratings geeks count this too?

Beyond the United States
While NASCAR does not produce a "world feed" broadcast, it does have 23 international broadcast partners. Among them are NTV, TSN, Premier Sports, Motorvision TV, Sportsnet, The Score, Bell TV, Speed Latin America, Fox Sports Latin America, ESPN Middle East, Fox Sports Australia, Sport Klub Poland, AB Moteurs, ESPN America, Viasat Motor, Sport TV, StarHub, Dubai Sports Channel, SNTV, Fox Sports Asia[20] and American Forces Network.[21] Neo Sports in India start broadcasting NASCAR races in March 2010 at Martinsville.
MY feed.......which is continuous (no commercials) is from SkyTV

depends on a lot of things for a race to be good or not. probably be a good topic for the off season.

MY feed.......which is continuous (no commercials) is from SkyTV
I think I was watching Sky during the Daytona 24 that Fox butchered up. It was cool, every time Fox went to commercial breaks, there was another team of announcers who picked up the race. They worked more than the Fox bunch, and then when Fox quit the other team picked it up without any commercials, it was fantastic.

you don't watch the same race I do, go to sleep. I stayed up and tried to keep up with who was in and who wasn't..last lap surprised then hell out of me. Couldn't quit laughing envisioning all of the vile threats and innuendo's and lest we never forgets when the 24 was eliminated. I think Nascar should have a Gordon tent set up in the infield at homestead for the shell shocked Gordon fans to go to with professional anger management and grief counseling available. I hope security keeps their eyes peeled on the fences. Might be a Gordon fan or two climbing around.

I was at the race, the Gordon fans got in their cars and left, just like me. Didnt hear much whining and saw no tears............... zonies are tough I guess

I was at the race, the Gordon fans got in their cars and left, just like me. Didnt hear much whining and saw no tears............... zonies are tough I guess

Outside of a single thread, ain't no other Gordon fan here was whining or complaining either.

I miss the Edgar avatar.

Back
Top Bottom