Pre-race: 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500

68 laps for Danica today. Who knows what they were trying, seems like it was split between qualifying and race setup today. Should be exclusively qualifying tomorrow with the boost levels up, especially if the early part of the day gets rained out.

68 laps for Danica today. Who knows what they were trying, seems like it was split between qualifying and race setup today. Should be exclusively qualifying tomorrow with the boost levels up, especially if the early part of the day gets rained out.
I'm getting concerned about her performance. i really expected her to be top ten after 2nd day. She is struggling badly IMO. Also surprised about lack of comments from PR/Team. I know some don't want to hear anything about her but it's a story. Racing needs stories to attract attention. I'll be happy if she qualifies and finishes the race. Be great to see another top 5 finish but at this point looks very doubtful.

She is p7 without a tow.:D

Ed Carpenter Racing‏ @ECRIndy
ndy500 Practice UpdateDay 4 // Friday, May 18 // 1 pm 2nd Overall / 4th No-Tow - EC (231.066 mph, 23 laps) 13th Overall / 6th No-Tow - SP (229.069 mph, 15 laps) 20th Overall / 7th No-Tow - DP (228.284 mph, 13 laps)
OK. Coverage I'm watching must be behind. She just hit the track. 32nd so far. 226.983 25th. Pulling off now. My coverage must be way behind. I'm showing 5:30:30 to go.

This is what she said yesterday. Looking a lot better so far today.

DANICA PATRICK (No. 13 GoDaddy Chevrolet): “Today definitely didn’t go as well as we’d hoped for the GoDaddy team. The changes we made seemed to help a little bit in traffic, but it just felt worse alone and I had a lot more understeer. We’ll regroup tonight and come back tomorrow focused on trying to find more speed before qualifying.”

Sounds like the cars are a lot harder to drive this year with the new aero. General expectation is that it'll be tougher to pass from third in a line on back. First two should be okay, but without the rear wheel guards that dirty air coming off of the rear tires isn't being cleaned up.

Rahal: IndyCar handles “like you’re on ice and then you hit a curb”
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/...youre-on-ice-and-then-you-hit-a-curb-1038698/

Castroneves says 2018 IndyCar demands more finesse
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/castroneves-says-2018-indycar-needs-more-finesse-1039043/

Starting to worry about Rahal now. 34th in no-tow on a day where everyone tried qualifying sim at some point doesn't make sense.

Thank god 500 quali happens on Sunday to wash the taste of a 165 mph stock car freeway procession out of our mouths.

I have had one of my 2 computers on my desk locked on to Indy live youtube all week.
It has been glorious! Wonder who the 2 will be going home? My guess is Davison and Mann.
The 230mph avg speeds are just wild. Wish I knew what the top speeds were.
Also I am glad the back fenders and giant wings are gone. Those cars from the rear
look awesome again.

I have had one of my 2 computers on my desk locked on to Indy live youtube all week.
It has been glorious! Wonder who the 2 will be going home? My guess is Davison and Mann.
Also I am glad the back fenders and giant wings are gone. Those cars from the rear
look awesome again.
That's the thing, not much separation in the field at this point. I wouldn't bet on anyone to go home at this point like you could with Buddy Lazier for a few years. Davison and one of the other three DCR drivers not named Bourdais might be the closest ones, Kaiser too.

RLL are in trouble for real now. Changed Graham's chassis and engine and still went 8th out of 9. Then Servia can't even complete a lap at speed. Don't know wth is going on.

look awesome again.
Yeah, have to agree the cars look great again!

According to my tv----qualifications will be on regular CBS at 4:00 p.m. EST.
:)

I don't know where you guys are- I'm about 140 SE of Indianapolis in SW Ohio and it's been downpouring here all afternoon. It'll rain like the dickens for 20 minutes and then the sun will come out as bright as can be. Then 20 minutes later- rain again. It's crazy.

It'll drive 'em nuts if it does this at Indy.

:(

I don't know where you guys are- I'm about 140 SE of Indianapolis in SW Ohio and it's been downpouring here all afternoon. It'll rain like the dickens for 20 minutes and then the sun will come out as bright as can be. Then 20 minutes later- rain again. It's crazy.

Just started raining at the track again. 23 cars attempted so far. Wickens was in the middle of his before it got called off for rain.

They're either going to have to extend this thing past 6 or come back tomorrow morning and open the track up for a few hours. Radar doesn't look good right now.

It just started playing on regular CBS if you don't have cable/satellite.

Ouch!! I don't know why he didn't go back out earlier. Couldn't he have done that? Other drivers were.

Back
Top Bottom