Pre-race: Busch Lite Clash At The Coliseum

Fingers crossed that they get thru the weather coming into the lower middle US tomorrow.
Someone will get a weather rant out of this, something about how they shouldn't race on the west coast in February because of the possible issues for the haulers. :rolleyes:

Looks like if they come down to I-10 well to the east, they may be able to skirt around the worst of it.

A659D2DA-7F4E-452D-91DE-CED8A8417550.jpeg

Jeff Marcosky @The_NASCARJeff· 3h
Replying to @bobpockrass
Why is Ty Dillon in the Clash? This race should be for pole winners from the previous year only! IMO of course

Bob Pockrass @bobpockrass
With this event now in Los Angeles, many teams felt they could get some solid sponsorship for it so NASCAR opted for up to 40 cars to enter (chartered teams are obligated to enter the Clash if eligible).

See my reply, I meant to say Trucks and just screwed up.
ah okay. I thought I had missed that nugget of news, I missed too where it was a slam dunk the Trucks were coming back but I'll do my research on that I dont wanna hijack the pre race. Back to discussing this race

Dude you bitch constantly about everything under the sun lol.

I wanted more short tracks, I got more short tracks. Can't bitch about that. 🤷‍♂️

If other fans want to complain about the Los Angeles Coliseum because they just want 36 races a year at North Wilkesboro, that's on them.

I’ve felt this way since it was announced. If a success, opens the door to stadium races. Can’t wait for the Tecate 500 from Estadio Azteca in Mexico City!

I’ve felt this way since it was announced. If a success, opens the door to stadium races. Can’t wait for the Tecate 500 from Estadio Azteca in Mexico City!

Hence my bold prediction

Seriously if I didn't know that was a football field I'd think it was one bad ass short track
It looked pretty good watching the iRace. They could run 3 wide down the short straights. Of course when one of them got sideways it was pile up carnage. Little passing after the good ones got to the front, lots of single file after that. I thought it was a pretty decent track, more lines than Bowman Grey

Ben Kennedey explains why they are doing this race at the Coliseum and some of the other things they may do in the furure.

Hence my bold prediction
The spectacle of NASCAR potentially racing at venues like this is going to be a sight to behold. Just imagine a field of race cars barreling through these places on a Spring or Mid Summer Saturday Night, it’s going to be pretty awesome.
1643981980078.jpeg
1643982075549.jpeg
1643982146268.png
1643982254623.jpeg

Ben Kennedey explains why they are doing this race at the Coliseum and some of the other things they may do in the furure.

For some reason I can't get this video to play. Does Kennedy say what the criteria are for declaring this worth trying again? Is the 'quality' of racing a consideration, or is it strictly money?

For some reason I can't get this video to play. Does Kennedy say what the criteria are for declaring this worth trying again? Is the 'quality' of racing a consideration, or is it strictly money?
It's a tool to be able to go into large markets that they don't or can't cover well. L.A. has more fans in the L.A. market area than anywhere else.... He mentioned the New York area, Maybe Canada and or Mexico. It's a business that exists to make a profit. :dunce:

Back
Top Bottom