Pre-race: Busch Lite Clash At The Coliseum

Who was the idiot that approved that cartoon line up explanation????
Cars going backwards on the track........ 3 wide lineups...... Stupid!

Clearly whoever can work traffic is going to win this thing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The cars are too heavy, the speeds are too slow, they can't pass, the cameras are only showing really zoomed in. Besides the spectacle, what's not dumb about it?
Beats me. I haven't seen any of it yet. I've been out all morning. I'm not sure of the value of 9:00am practice for a 3:00pm race, but there's nothing new about practice conditions not matching racing conditions.

I'm on record as feeling the spectacle is the dumbest part.

First hiccup for the next gen has shown up

I’m sitting here in the parking lot waiting for the gates to open. I can see the gate from my car and it was only $35.00 for parking and $25.00 for my ticket. You couldn’t ask for better weather. You can’t re-enter the Coliseum after entering so I’m definitely going to take a sweatshirt with me because when that sun goes down at 5.30 it will get cool fast. 😃

Interesting that the two buds Elliott and Harvick are within 2 thousands of a second from each other

The parity is interesting.

Just enjoying listening to MRN while being stuck in Miami for the past 18 hours, but who's counting?

No, just American Airlines lacking personnel with the combination MIA's slow air-traffic control does not help.

Crazy, I've missed a whole day of drill weekend because of this mess. I never want to connect a flight from or to Miami again.
Miami's V-shape is horrible when your connecting flight is at the opposite end of the V.

I’m sitting here in the parking lot waiting for the gates to open. I can see the gate from my car and it was only $35.00 for parking and $25.00 for my ticket. You couldn’t ask for better weather. You can’t re-enter the Coliseum after entering so I’m definitely going to take a sweatshirt with me because when that sun goes down at 5.30 it will get cool fast. 😃
Yikes! $35 for parking, its more than the bloody ticket, is that the only option ?

Yikes! $35 for parking, its more than the bloody ticket, is that the only option ?
There's a reason the only time I go anywhere near LA is when work is paying me to

Reactions: Pat
A pic from the stands today
20220205_133305[7945].jpg

Just looked on tickmaster and a pretty good amount of tickets still available

I admit it will be wild to see fans crowded into that venue cheering on NASCAR drivers

Watched some of practice and it kind of felt like Martinsville in slow motion with the tight turns. Was surprised to see alot of guys running on the rumble strips but seems like they were getting grip down there and it wasn't rough enough to cause any tire or car damage. I saw Regan down on the track after practice and he was pointing out how much rubber had been laid down in the first lane outside the rumble strips so maybe we'll see less of them using the rumble strip tonight and tomorrow.

This would imply that practice was not open. Odd that they'd pass up the concession and souvenir sales, etc.
I thought that was kind of strange also. The one thing that really sucks is that all of the seats on the other side of the track is in the shade all day but they are making everyone sit on the side that you are looking into the sun all day.

I heard only about 1000 seats available.. that's all I know about a sell out

Thought I read somewhere that they only have 50K seats for this race because they blocked off so many seats down low. Capacity for football is listed at 77,500 on Wiki

Thought I read somewhere that they only have 50K seats for this race because they blocked off so many seats down low. Capacity for football is listed at 77,500 on Wiki
Oh wow. 77,000 would be a lot to sell. I'll bet you are right about the 50K.

Back
Top Bottom