Pre Race Thread 2020 Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 (Brickyard 400) from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Lightning delay with zero fans in attendance and crew members still hanging their feet over the pit wall.

Who is this delay keeping safe?

Delay of course.

Well this one didn't really pan out. Move the race out of Daytona because of weather fears to Indy and get weather delayed again. At least when we eventually got the race in at Daytona we knew it was going to be exciting.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Move the race out of Daytona because of weather fears to Indy
I thought the idea was to attract more viewers, by putting Indy on the holiday and Daytona as the cut-off race. I don't recall weather being part of the calculation but I'm getting old.

EDIT - but if weather was indeed the motivation, then NASCAR did good. It's coming down buckets in Daytona. At least the track is dry in Indy.

1593982196720.png

I wish they would just call it and run it tomorrow so I can finish binge watching Friends

I thought the idea was to attract more viewers, by putting Indy on the holiday and Daytona as the cut-off race. I don't recall weather being part of the calculation but I'm getting old.

EDIT - but if weather was indeed the motivation, then NASCAR did good. It's coming down buckets in Daytona. At least the track is dry in Indy.

View attachment 47798
Well they would have ran the race at Daytona last night, and the weather was good enough to get the entire IMSA race in.

Well they would have ran the race at Daytona last night, and the weather was good enough to get the entire IMSA race in.
Would they have gotten it in if they'd had to dry the track?

But again, I don't think the weather was a major factor in the decision in the first place.

Would they have gotten it in if they'd had to dry the track?

But again, I don't think the weather was a major factor in the decision in the first place.
I agree with you, it always about putting Daytona as the season ender. We’ll see if it works out this year

Lack of practice has separated the best minds in the shop and the best drivers on the track. If the #18 team is having trouble then start shuffling positions or rolling heads. The lack of practice does not look like it’s going to change anytime soon.

Finally, engines fired.

Back
Top Bottom