Pre Race Thread 2020 Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 (Brickyard 400) from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Gosh, that's an unattractive logo.

41Sg%2BjifgeL._AC_.jpg

Stevens is lucky he walked out of that pit, that stuff didnt fly back in my day.
Pretty interesting that Stephens threatened to whip the first crew guy's ass. I think they cleaned up the sound on that clip. I don't remember hearing what Stephens said to him the first time thru. He was totally out of line IMO

Pretty interesting that Stephens threatened to whip the first crew guy's ass. I think they cleaned up the sound on that clip. I don't remember hearing what Stephens said to him the first time thru. He was totally out of line IMO

Were not those two FRR guys JGR employees? That, and the fact Stevens didn't continue to push the deal is probably why it didn't escalate. Stevens was out of line, but is it worth getting fired for?

Reactions: Pat
I love that place. Thank you Mr Penske for taking care of one of my favorite places on earth. I can still remember how excited I was when I saw my favorite driver Rick and his wife Chris Mears coming out of the their hotel room at the Speedway getting ready to qualify for the Indy 500.

Last edited:
Were not those two FRR guys JGR employees? That, and the fact Stevens didn't continue to push the deal is probably why it didn't escalate. Stevens was out of line, but is it worth getting fired for?
Yes

I love that place. Thank you Mr Penske for taking care of one of my favorite places on earth. I can still remember how excited I was when I saw my favorite driver Rick and his wife Chris Mears coming out of the their hotel room at the Speedway getting ready to qualify for the Indy 500.

Certainly no other person on the planet is in a better position to be the steward and care taker of the grand old Brickyard. Even Tony Hulman likely could not match Roger's love and admiration for the Speedway. He's been going there since he was what, eleven years old?

The preacher suspended both crew members on Truex's team. I'm still shaking my head over that deal. What did they do? Both of them were minding their own business until Stevens showed up.

True, but they dissed the golden boy's crew chief, and it was caught on camera so.... If they had done that to The Jones Boy's crew chief, it probably wouldn't have even made the news.

At least Stevens didn't try something like that in Logano's stall. That couldn't have gone well.

The preacher suspended both crew members on Truex's team. I'm still shaking my head over that deal. What did they do? Both of them were minding their own business until Stevens showed up.
I'll never forgive Gibbs that. It showed lack of soul.

Indy gold

Still yapping about this? What a joke. Seriously.

Both of them were minding their own business until Stevens showed up.
That is such bull****, and you know it. The non-Cowboy was chirping at Adam as he walked by. I mean seriously, dude.

No, you really think that? I am shocked. On and on and on.....Those crew dudes were JGR employees. The boss didn't like what they did. They were suspended. It happens in business. You live in the old fashioned world that FRR was in independent team. They weren't. They were as JGR as JGR is, and everybody understands that. As such, subject to JGR policies and decisions.

I'll never forgive Gibbs that. It showed lack of soul.
I am sure that Coach got over your assessment.

Stevens is lucky he walked out of that pit, that stuff didnt fly back in my day.
Game was different. Cowboy pops Adam, and he is out of job. They are from the same team, really. I think that applied back in anybody's day. Now, if FRR was a separate entity from JGR, then you have a point.

Still yapping about this? What a joke. Seriously.

That is such bull****, and you know it. The non-Cowboy was chirping at Adam as he walked by. I mean seriously, dude.

No, you really think that? I am shocked. On and on and on.....Those crew dudes were JGR employees. The boss didn't like what they did. They were suspended. It happens in business. You live in the old fashioned world that FRR was in independent team. They weren't. They were as JGR as JGR is, and everybody understands that. As such, subject to JGR policies and decisions.

I am sure that Coach got over your assessment.

Game was different. Cowboy pops Adam, and he is out of job. They are from the same team, really. I think that applied back in anybody's day. Now, if FRR was a separate entity from JGR, then you have a point.
Thats why I said " back in my day" which even though wasnt that long ago. I understand that they could probably be fired but teammate or not there is an unwritten rule in racing that when you come in my pit running your mouth you probably are gonna have to back it up. Being a teammate more then likely saved him from a good ass whippin. I'm just tellin you how it is.

I’m out of the loop but if it’s a blind draw, how come the back markers...are still starting in the back? Is this like a top in Owners points draw, or a weighted draw?

They should call the Cup race the "Race to Darkness 400"...... As much as I don't want to screw up the races, I wish NASCAR would bring some of that rain with them when they come to Indiana. At my house, I've had about an inch of rain in the last two months.

I’m out of the loop but if it’s a blind draw, how come the back markers...are still starting in the back? Is this like a top in Owners points draw, or a weighted draw?

According to Jayski, for the GEICO 500 at Talladega:

The lineup was set by random draw based on owner points.

Starting lineup:
  • Positions 1-12: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points
  • Positions 13-24: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points
  • Positions 25-36: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points
  • Positions 37-40: Open teams in order of owners points

Gosh, that's an unattractive logo.
I disagree. I've always loved a car that has a solid base color taking up 80% of the car, and 100% of the front with another base colored logo/sponsor on the hood.

Dale Sr.
Tony Stewart 2005
Carl Edwards 19 Toyota
Newman in 08 just to name a few.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom