Proposed 2018 changes

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
aduvnlqxv6vy.jpg

The only one I have a problem with is getting rid of the sharkfin. As far as I can tell, the sharkfin is actually used to keep the car grounded during a spin. Other than that I like the proposed changes.

Yes, this could be something good, but I agree, the sharkfin is to help keep the car on the ground.

aduvnlqxv6vy.jpg

The only one I have a problem with is getting rid of the sharkfin. As far as I can tell, the sharkfin is actually used to keep the car grounded during a spin. Other than that I like the proposed changes.
Yeah ... I don't see any of this happening. :D

Since they made the sharkfin clear it doesn't really bother me, but I agree about everything else.

aduvnlqxv6vy.jpg

The sharkfin was to help prevent the rear end of the car from getting loose in the turns if another car got to it's bumper. It basically helps with downforce in the turns by "collecting" more air at the rear of the car.

The added benefit is that if the car does get sideways, it also helps point it back in the right direction, kind of like a vertical stabilizer of an airplane.

Is this real life?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I know it's fake, but I like all these except the valance. From everything I've read a splitter has far less issues with dirty air than the valance did. Also, the cars survived for years without a shark fin, they will be fine with all the other safety features we now have. Also heck yes to getting air under the cars. Less downforce + more drag=slingshot passes again.

This is honestly the least they could do after forcing stage racing and playoffs onto us.

Whal, yanno, din think stage racin' was gonna be fun but turns out I like it.

Cain't wate fer mo gimmicks.....

Buddy of mine insists they run production model cars. Guess Mustang/Camero/Tundra? Since Toyota doesn't make anything like the other two. Unless I'm mistaken. Might bring back Dodge Challenger?

That would kill nascar quicker then any thing else they could come up with.

I knew it was faked when I could not find anything about it on Motorsports.com, but still, would be great to see it, and like always with NASCAR, since it is something that would actually make the racing better, we can rest assured that NASCAR wont ever do it:owquitit:

Problem is more track then car Gens of cars have had better racing at
Martinsville then Kansas.

Bring back testing and an additional tire manufacturer. o_O
Testing...I would actually prefer no testing unless it is for future aero/tire packages.

Additional tire manufacturer...I can get on board with that. Even multiple tire compounds per race (currently the only good thing about Formula 1) should at least be seriously considered.

Back
Top Bottom