Race pics and experiences

Another couple photos

Attachments

• 20240323_102742.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240323_140014.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 30
Was the race fun in person? I never been to a road course before, anything exciting happen in the area you was in?

We were up in Turn 1 all weekend, but did a fair share of walking. My watch showed basically 10,000 steps per day for Saturday and Sunday.

The whole weekend was fun. I hadn't been to a NASCAR road course before. I went to COTA a couple years after it opened for a sports car race, and I went to TMS for many years.

Today we watched a Duluth/Stihl sponsored lumberjack competition and went on the Ferris Wheel.

COTA has a fairly "relaxed" ruleset compared to events we have been to at AT&T Stadium, Globe Life Park, and similar venues. We could bring in sealed food and drinks plus an empty liquid container. The official concession stands have unlimited refills after you empty your wallets for $5.99 each. Lots of food trucks and independent vendors booths as well.

The action is good, lots of door banging and dive bombs. We had a video screen in front of us, so we could keep tabs on the very few areas we couldn't see.

The hike up to turn one is no joke at all.

20240324_135722.jpg

Back
Top Bottom