Race pics and experiences

20170809_201307.jpg
20170809_173344.jpg
20161016_140607.jpg

Was not sure where to put these, so, so I put them here.
We went to our first Monster Jam this past Saturday in Tampa, Fla at the AMALIE ARENA. We went to the 1PM show, had a really good time. They did the best they could do considering the arena is the size of an Ice Hockey rink.
Of all things, my wife was the one that wanted to go to it, who'd a thunk it :idunno:. Lots of folks there and a ton of kids, the kids were half the show LOL, Lots of families there.
A Beer was $15.00 per :eek:. I drank water, only $4.50 a bottle. We had great seats, as you can tell from the photos below. ZOMBIE, El Toro and Grave Digger put on the best show. The other five trucks were somewhat timid, imho.

Monster Jam 1.jpg

Monster Jam 3.jpg

It was a fun event, next time we will go to one of these at a larger venue.

Heading to Darlington this weekend for the first time. ANy advice other than drink tons of beer?

We haven't even gone in for the race yet and we've done enough to make the day awesome. Through Coke we were able to attend the legends breakfast this morning and the drivers meeting this afternoon.

Was not sure where to put these, so, so I put them here.
We went to our first Monster Jam this past Saturday in Tampa, Fla at the AMALIE ARENA. We went to the 1PM show, had a really good time. They did the best they could do considering the arena is the size of an Ice Hockey rink.
Of all things, my wife was the one that wanted to go to it, who'd a thunk it :idunno:. Lots of folks there and a ton of kids, the kids were half the show LOL, Lots of families there.
A Beer was $15.00 per :eek:. I drank water, only $4.50 a bottle. We had great seats, as you can tell from the photos below. ZOMBIE, El Toro and Grave Digger put on the best show. The other five trucks were somewhat timid, imho.

View attachment 28902

View attachment 28903

It was a fun event, next time we will go to one of these at a larger venue.
I was at this show as well. Well, the first one of the two that day. That Grave Digger nose wheelie was awesome, got some photos of it myself.

I def would recommend going to the shows earlier in the rear at Raymond James. Much better layout and track and room for those trucks to really work. I've also heard the triple threat trucks are built smaller but I'm not sure how true that is.

Reactions: sdj
We had a great time at Martinsville last weekend. The crowd was awesome. It was truly an electric atmosphere.
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
I don't remember who drove this 5 car, but it may be the best looking race car I've ever seen. Finished 2nd I think.
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1036.JPG
This past Saturday at Martinsville for the late model race. My son grabbed my hand while we were walking toward the track and said "Dad, we're home". I loved it.

A few pictures from my weekend in Charlotte. Includes the HMS reveal, Chase Elliott meet & greet, up close photos of the 2018 Camaros from HMS headquarters (minus the 48, completely spaced on taking his), DJ in the 88, and a couple other photos from race day. Did not take a ton of photos from the race or pole night - I've got enough photos of race cars LOL. Enjoy!

upload_2017-10-10_11-1-49.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-2-5.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-2-32.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-2-47.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-3-4.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-3-29.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-3-13.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-3-41.jpg

upload_2017-10-10_11-6-38.png

These are a few weeks old. Federated Auto Parts race in Richmond.

f6fc7c944be2f808a7576266dfe767e0.jpg

1fdf90648895c9055bfdc18e26ca1944.jpg

dd668e866c4112aa70f637bcd6e4c1dc.jpg

I took more videos then pictures apparently. I wish I could upload those via Tapatalk.

I took more videos then pictures apparently. I wish I could upload those via Tapatalk.[/QUOTE]

You can.

Here's a few pics from the November cup race in Phoenix.

Attachments

• 29643568_Unknown.JPG
    29643568_Unknown.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 29644768_Unknown.JPG
    29644768_Unknown.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 298
  • 29644416_Unknown.JPG
    29644416_Unknown.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 29645200_Unknown.JPG
    29645200_Unknown.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 290
@Thegeneral23 did you get any awesome photos during championship weekend with those hot passes??
Naww dude.. the setup was stupid there! To get the hot passes it was like a billion miles away from track well behind track, had to take a shuttle just to get them .. coming into the track was stuck in traffic for about an hour .. it was just to much man.. by the time we got hot passes and walked into the track it was damn near 1:30 we just wanted to get to our seats.. they need to learn how to direct traffic there and tell people where to go.. nobody there had a clue where to go to get HOT PASSES it took us at least 45 mins to an hour just to figure it out.. we left the hotel at 10 am and didn’t get hot passes until like 1:10 pm it was ridiculous

Naww dude.. the setup was stupid there! To get the hot passes it was like a billion miles away from track well behind track, had to take a shuttle just to get them .. coming into the track was stuck in traffic for about an hour .. it was just to much man.. by the time we got hot passes and walked into the track it was damn near 1:30 we just wanted to get to our seats.. they need to learn how to direct traffic there and tell people where to go.. nobody there had a clue where to go to get HOT PASSES it took us at least 45 mins to an hour just to figure it out.. we left the hotel at 10 am and didn’t get hot passes until like 1:10 pm it was ridiculous
Damn dude, bummer. I figured you were in town doing track stuff the 2 days prior also and already had the passes in hand. I know Charlotte's hot pass setup is super easy and organized.

Damn dude, bummer. I figured you were in town doing track stuff the 2 days prior also and already had the passes in hand. I know Charlotte's hot pass setup is super easy and organized.
Nope I was enjoying Miami lol.. that was my first time in Miami so we’ve was enjoying that.. it was beautiful there! That was the 3rd HOT PASS so it wasn’t like the 1st time lol.. don’t get me wrong it’s nice to have and I was blessed to have them but it was something I experienced already, we wanted to enjoy Miami

Has anyone RV camped in the infield for Daytona week? Done a lot of research online but before I drop the money on it wanted to get input from anyone that's been there done that. I'd like to get there the Tuesday before and stay through Monday, catch all the races and just party. I have a 26 foot travel trailer going to be four of us that go.

Also its for the 2019 Daytona 500 not 2018.

Back
Top Bottom