Race pics and experiences

IMG_5884.JPG

Nothing was enforced at the outside campgrounds at Kansas. If you go here I recommend requesting one of the spots at the end of the outside rows.
Thanks for the information but we'll stay at the Clinton State Park Campgrounds. They have full hookups and It's only 30 minutes from the track. Besides they're supposed to have some of the best fishing in the state. :D

Thanks for the information but we'll stay at the Clinton State Park Campgrounds. They have full hookups and It's only 30 minutes from the track. Besides they're supposed to have some of the best fishing in the state. :D

Not a bad place, also you can shoot into Lawrence. Weston Bend is also a good out of the way place to stay and relatively close to the speedway.

IMG_5942.JPG
IMG_5971.JPG
IMG_6135.JPG
IMG_6126.JPG
Went to my first NASCAR Peak Series race in Mexico. My first trip to Mexico, so doing some sightseeing was awesome as well as the food.
The event was great , super professional series. All of the teams had the big fancy rigs like the cup teams, etc... Top notch facility , had a nice garage area, insane amounts of seating for fans. They raced on the infield road course of the 1.25 mile oval. Very aggressive racing. They estimate over 25,000 fans and it definitely looked like it.

We had a fire at our home in late April. No one was home, so no one was hurt. Overall pretty minor damage but we've had to stay with relatives for the past month or so. My son and I still went to the All Star race(the tickets were in my fire proof safe, but that part of the house wasn't damaged at all). Although it was the worst race I've ever attended, we had a very much needed awesome trip. They had two Chase Elliott and a Kasey Kahne show car at the Hooters near the track. I think that was the highlight of his day. Probably mine too.
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG

Chase Elliott Hooters show car was making its rounds around the Tampa area last week. I wasn't able to make it to the ones closest to me so I drove about 40 mins over to St. Pete after work Friday to see it and ate dinner nearby. This car was raced by Gordon in 2015 which of course for me made it even cooler. The gentleman hauling it couldn't tell me exactly which race but said it was an Axalta car that was raced at an intermediate track. Only one I could figure was Pocono. They also had the hero cards to hand out which was a nice touch I thought.

upload_2017-6-5_10-7-58.jpg

upload_2017-6-5_10-8-13.jpg

upload_2017-6-5_10-8-23.jpg

Chase Elliott Hooters show car was making its rounds around the Tampa area last week. I wasn't able to make it to the ones closest to me so I drove about 40 mins over to St. Pete after work Friday to see it and ate dinner nearby. This car was raced by Gordon in 2015 which of course for me made it even cooler. The gentleman hauling it couldn't tell me exactly which race but said it was an Axalta car that was raced at an intermediate track. Only one I could figure was Pocono. They also had the hero cards to hand out which was a nice touch I thought.

View attachment 27073

View attachment 27074

View attachment 27075

I've seen show cars before but never a hauler like that one. Kewl trailer.

View attachment 27073

View attachment 27074

View attachment 27075
Never noticed it until now but doesn't the wing of the Hooters owl resemble a certain part of the female anatomy? Or am I just seeing things? :confused:

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

On Friday I picked up my hot pass at the 500 club. Once I picked it up I went into the garages and waited for the drivers to come in. I was able to get Allmendinger, Elliott, Bowyer and Neweman. I watched qualifying on pit road. Jr won the pole and they took pics in the garage. About 150 people gathered. He had to walk to the media center and the crowd only grew. I felt bad for him. People were getting in front of him, pushing other people and 1 person fell. It looked like a zoo. I waited by the exit of the media center. When he left it was only me and 4 other people. I was able to get his auto. During the red flag of xfinity Richard Childress came down to the seats to get away from the rain and I was able to get his auto.

On Saturday I got there at 11:30. Dale Sr, Gordon and D. Waltrip merchandise were in RCR's merchandise trailer. Bought a Dale tee and it was $5 cheaper than online. I get into my seat but just by looking it was raining towards the beach and coming this way.Ward Burton was spotting and I was able to get his auto. I went down to the first level and had lunch. Met Bobby Allison. Once the race started I watched some of the race from pit road and saw the coolest pit sign ever! It was Timmy from south park. I went back to my seats and Linda Vaughn was sitting next to me. Once the race ended I went to the garages and get my position for the driver's meeting. I got Jr, Johnson, Kahne, Bayne, Truex, Harvick and Menard. Danica only signed 4 autos and I was 1 of them. She ignored the guy next to me and when she left the guy said f u danica. I went to my seats for the race. I saw Tyler Farr and his band were sitting in front of me. Austin Dillon's finance came in and if you of on Austin's twitter the outfit she was wearing. Kinda short and the high heels ****. The Geschickter's (owners of JTG) were up there. I saw them during speedweeks and they love to drink. Everytime I saw Tad he had a drink in his hand or rubbing his wife's butt. Before the 2nd stage ended I went down to pit road and watch Johnson do his pitstop. Kyle Petty came and sat with us for a few laps. I went into victory lane and watched Danica and Ricky kiss. I was disappointedwith the crowd. With it being Jr's last race I thought for sure there were going to be more people.

Had a blast at the Coke 1 400 in Daytona this year. Please try not to make fun of a couple of selfies scatted throughout he pictures, but, hay I got the picture. Spent all day Thursday in garage area and pits. Saturday stayed in the Stadium area, damn heat was intense. Sunday and Monday on the beach, yep, we had a large time.

Got our Hot Passes :D
20170629_103505.jpg

This is BJ McLeod #78 in Exfinity, he is from Wauchula, Florida my home town, we watched his in SLM's at Desoto speedway several years ago. He is a low funded team but finished 14th in the race without a scratch. He told me they are on a 900,000 to 1.2 million budget for the season and it is very hard to compete against 6 to 8 million dollar teams. Hell of a nice guy, loves to race.
20170629_132759_resized.jpg

20170629_133222_resized.jpg

20170629_133829_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom