Race pics and experiences

I have a Nikon D3200 and I was using a 55-200mm lens that day. The overcast provided perfect lighting. Shameless plug for the page, but I normally take photos for a dirt racing updates page called Riding the Cushion based out of upstate New York. We're on Facebook and Twitter, and provide news and live updates for dirt racing all over the country but mainly the northeast.

Ha, no ****! I follow that page, quality stuff.

This year we have to be satisfied with going only to the Chicagoland race. Due to circumstances beyond our control we had to cancel the others that we had scheduled. Oh well there's always next year.

This year we have to be satisfied with going only to the Chicagoland race. Due to circumstances beyond our control we had to cancel the others that we had scheduled. Oh well there's always next year.

Sorry you had to cancel your schedule. I hope everything is ok.

Sorry you had to cancel your schedule. I hope everything is ok.
Thanks. Everything is fine, we just had some family matters come up this year that took precedence over going to races.

Reactions: Pat
Georgetown Speedway for the WOO Late Models last night
01C1E350-2347-480E-A92E-B9257693D016.jpeg

0A93389F-4327-4C94-9C84-154817E9D075.jpeg

71618B99-1D92-47C4-AADF-A1A7AC63C9B5.jpeg

Great thread. Next on my list is Charlotte and the Daytona 500. So far these are the tracks I've been to:

Homestead
Texas (15 times)
Kansas
Phoenix
Brickyard
Darlington

I live in Georgia now so way closer to a lot of tracks. Been here a year but gone most of it, about to put in some time getting to the tracks that are within a five hour drive.

I might have gone over to Pocono for the Indy had we not planned this Bristol trip. Not a fan, really but the Mrs never saw it and it is worth seeing once at least. Some year if they keep having it we'll go. Just got home so I have a lot to do tonight but tomorrow when I get some time I will post a summary of the whole trip to Bristol through a first-timer's perspective. I took some pics but I don't think Google photos plays nice with this site for some reason. Posted some Daytona tour photos that people here couldn't view for whatever reason.

Aside from going to a Daytona 500 weekend experience, World of Outlaws is next.

Test pic from Bristol last night (before the pre-race deluge)

_kcjLZzwkiVQ4l5hRM0uO2AiyTAdaHjFl3z5qQFGh7Hnn4z4SL-5AlIcTW-rIJMWej9ek-IuufXXByvu531PyaGA99HqNewDKLXMQelugnm8yZ3xswvmSt6AZAD0qexr7xFW5dQZpokAWG9HmlEu5U96yv6xKNG1yQbFfjemFiDc05X9ycnaRacOJSDY7cQyx6K0LvffsOTFpgDrqm0u4Put_vGaTdCEz8WgIskfJ7hnCI_7hKsS_8v9N8qG35_2wOJyt2xRz9PZhZgiEjXdeY2Ox51hsqEW7DJhPsJHyOcM0Ns5naZvT61a8dTPBy4NGybTuMMzELxsbPRMdUXYLvnXy8-MqVuLXAL2XrPnq1z7S7mBaqdSq2ZduArHNALUR4ZNXUGt_oistW31pE0asGqFBi1es-bHVQunuxwWP864iPdr_2zg7UzKu4Wc2D3It3mbtRUMHKtRt0roI2Ypau8-06PMe8c3bEpECKQRMO9O3i9-Fygk_0XND-HpHRJU2_zohMYeRbHzOtNMbrNc5Pxz8TAzNGOJqh_lHt3eeE5PY08ezA2OyZpxIRZvukPRc8efKa6wORbZP_ed2KaAWZHJFhYMzldfKdNxJMc=w872-h654-no
I copy and paste mine to a word document and then copy and paste it here. Works for me.

Reactions: Bob
Bristol was a great experience, and obviously a really enjoyable and well fought, hard fought race. Free pre-race concert by Joe Nichols, and Lee Greenwood was on hand to sing "God Bless the USA." Unexpected and enjoyed both. Rain sent everybody scrambling at the last two songs by Joe Nichols.

It was a 7.5 hour car ride from Central PA. Rained on the way down and really poured Saturday going from the hotel in Wytheville, VA down to the track and back. It rained hard right before the race and then after that was over the race was good to, uninterrupted by weather as you know.

I've been to southern VA a few times in the Blacksburg area. Very beautiful ride but like its super-slab stretch through PA, 81 is an adventure all the way through VA, a good 320 miles of it. Lots of up-down and with high traffic volume Friday it was stop and go with rigs getting hung out wide in left lane on a hill and everybody having to check up creating the slinky effect. Of course if you try to leave a gap so you don't crack the guy in front of you in the rear end, somebody is going to pass you on the right and fill in that 15 foot gap and pick up a spot on you in the standings. Throw in some hard rain and it was pretty dicey at times but we made it Friday night and decided to head down to the track early Saturday (80-ish miles). There were plenty of race fans from all over the country at the chain hotel off the I in Wytheville and also several from Canada. One guy from Ontario said 11.5 hours for him and he goes every year. Said he's never been to Michigan or Pocono or the Glen but been to Bristol and Martinsville many times. Guy knows what he likes. Props to him for that sort of dedication.

So we left for the track around 11:30 am for the Cup race. I had no tickets and didn't know what we'd run into as far as parking opportunities considering all the rain. I had no idea if lots would be closed due to mud or whatnot. We took a back road off 81, VA 75 to TN 44 to US 421 and TN 394. This was a good call although it involved windin two-lane roads a good bit of the way, also a lot of water on the road in spots. I was surprised to see no one, not one person selling tickets on the street anywhere. Not on the way in, not at a gas station, not at the track. We were able to park for ten bucks in the Pole Position (I think it was) lot which is a campground. Full of fun people and level, gravel parking. Also easy out the way we came in.

Bought tickets at the window for $110 each (x3) in Petty Grandstand. Very happy with the location. Had seen some on Stubhub for $65 and with fees I think it was going to be about $240 out the door. Didn't buy them so I spent about $30 per ticket more. For a one-time thing, I was fine with it. My fantasy of finding somebody with tickets on the street for less than face did not come true but we saved money by not doing the bus trip. Everything is a trade-off. More perks on the bus trip plus an extra race Friday, nicer hotel, don't have to drive. Save money driving yourself, no schedule, do what you want when you want. You choose the problems you want to deal with. Tickets I got were fine with me....

t9MoindAazWQjVc_DrOKYh3fRj9YNQSeIlVM8rip7jX-suhJJw2s0TeoqfLeq0VRqMDRv8V4UrVpYyo9GlMuKbnTFNjMdmXRANcftKl5t_gkI-KyRomGFpZhDua21s8V0txkzH60sSnmCDdqnR2sLH5_Z5Y3hBh1j3BrKjSwbyDEysXyBlpIK-kEe7_uDZlNFEXzpUy3gyk7saeYZDXaerlgzPmd5piT9OpsP1x0KDfOKwbJrcYPCWv0gMLspGyAJWArdNqJzqzc1lxGQl_MHe2S8IgN1ywQhIt011aNfCQ9VYdw38gukBbHiM9jBS7ZH2iAx43NN3P5Y0fhvH4DksRoIfwHYt2jCAZSUm-L3V18o_lypsjEwNCG6R1-kEYBBwtF95HJ0OZTssUpc9WDoDDfIugNyBa7v5r3Mv7Xnp5kwR9jEW6vi8XjN_EGU8QfiTPxWN8bpn6-NGKvP0Aun14EODXHCJUO5Acv-cYMs8lMGvt1bQRE9f2U0dY0yRgZ1iG3D9buYt3qJXpBS1frUvbm1nUEd5nu3jEb_CS2SoC_sBzoWAH2PB4veZZYXaTz9r8MFf1muZZWqBLRcJtwBLSi1eWNQoI_wGROtgs=w872-h654-no

Can only compare to Pocono and Dover as far as other tracks but the only knock I had was that food options were limited at the track, and I didn't really care anyway. Arby's is the dominant vendor inside. I saw one other stand that had chicken, corn, brats and whatnot. At Pocono you have loads of other food options everywhere. Beers were reasonable for track prices (I broke down and bought a few, $6 for a 16 oz can, Bud products.) I know you can bring your own but we were traveling light being on the road. Didn't see any food stands on the side we entered (the dragstrip side) outside. Crowd was far more into it than say, a Pocono crowd. Southern hospitality was full throttle in the parking areas and in the stands. Great people.

Racing was top notch. Thoroughly engrossed in the long battle for the lead between Bowyer and Truex. Place went nuts when Ky Bu crashed early and then were completely irate when the 78 got wrecked by him. More middle fingers than I've seen in years. Not going to get too into my reaction to the whole thing but the fans in the stands simply believe he dumped him, no questions asked. It was an amusing (albeit expected) reaction.

Very intrigued with the location of the track and the (to me) odd choice for where to put it. Was interesting to see the pains that were taken to fit the thing in this narrow space in the hills...

2owohHE-BOHrl35Is-N9UoqL7fsmjpjhMNKbDFAovnXjSW0IhQHaXalI-FIOPdamCZah1IPwJj386YF2HxdIxTuG-9ysRjhmX69dY5z70w9Zhdk6MUI6n95S0alk4u5vlItdQyUtq7woia5n9bIYwC54KmsdtV1crymdst1fYMcPgtOxD7ILF8hb5hSSB9scfjV74FrEuycFcNHBgdB9p1pwpkvK1JoDIH60wIF2snrx1S7HxhJSoaPrPXX-Smdyo4ZAaGym20_IG9xIk1kQ8GpD-rax5ju4x_rF9lh3Cf7fnxGpHezt6OHTdTXg1jO0rvfHf4b2aHxbGt5j0cLEQEODnw9ZXKNU7nkJkbMYB-U5ptXanATv9CtoaYUrpIlHCCSwhBXhjSPmFcdEKxBKw5S0lqWEKuRytODVJZHv_UUAYBRMhDv8vIvt5UTeb61lCcXuWDuclFeasUQnbhoXOnt5aPFHOOdH2mBpYYgEJ3TwE-yR5EAjjRm3oDApovjilrDRuGpOwgyCOUdJQnqwTcLemcqqiQS4DEnG4h6iaiX-uDokzW1qdxThosdXcsUsqYeN5zjlXFQFk6EsoO6hElA9a2yCuuf-tvDvIVA=w491-h654-no

But it certainly works for atmosphere, noise, action the whole package. The track seems to do everything it can to get people in who might have trouble doing the mountain-goat routine with the hills. Many golf carts and so forth transporting handicapped people around, also ample ADA parking. I don't need it (yet) thankfully but I got the idea they do all they can to accommodate patrons with disabilities. It can be a hike from the lots to the track and the aisles and stairs inside are steep.

We wasted no time getting back to the car and on the road and didn't wait long getting out of our lot back to 394 and then it was an easy ride back to the Interstate except for the RAIN again which was another deluge once we got back up around the VA state line. Skipped out of the hotel for home Sunday AM and took about 7.5 hrs back home. Lighter traffic homeward. I think VA Tech and some of the other schools along the way were probably returning for fall semester Friday which added to the traffic. Could be wrong on that, just my working hypothesis.

All in all, a memorable trip and experience. Thanks to those who posted advice and tips for getting to Bristol. We figure Martinsville is probably about the same length of trip so we are considering that next, although the missus would definitely go back to Bristol again. This was a bucket-lister for her.

l2hkvtGI0ob_fAwNvWSZu8pC2WolMdQNHHazZL-oxTgBgXMA5vNGh2REGl8yOUqbBLo-bSTJxN25cZT_GoGc-MVYsCiM6RPv99cG2THwqP9u4muu_M9yITgxjPSOuwp2eVuQKWgHU6UZ2R1hystG1_RLpYBqi7fzgreSvD0rX-gyZ9KjSOYmjj9TQt2k7I8z4iAB5FfiH7b4sY77ergXucEKf6cCBZFr6kJyeJEAVAaJOyqq-X2ObXoMiWJgt5XeKJK95LLPQso5PdW7rufDdzddUtNRQ9Im-qcbnWIayuz77X7iXr9uKuQW8WyEexAOJ7nhhlrshPxniShXd1cZdDYctzusUpK_BX2hqp-guKQQBPRbtFUC5Ls6R7929Bv3AZ0WaLZ8-O10uKx95hhmgFKuillOk9Vryle4lQFJc6Psg_8_u-Uv-CWdNivtzlYid5oGF53DTvum18ljaYuaHDccQZWJ8C_bR533AJVLgXk6PO2GSoQdtUFzMvCQl4c7nzJBeD364QZUPwGds8Rf_LTHTDFueOE6vywG8SUvLD7D0Cjs-xPnwQt4l9BLC3f9EEghs8d-X98hk0YUrPtUcs5EVd9U7GkXQTGtWsQ=w491-h654-no

Bristol was a great experience, and obviously a really enjoyable and well fought, hard fought race. Free pre-race concert by Joe Nichols, and Lee Greenwood was on hand to sing "God Bless the USA." Unexpected and enjoyed both. Rain sent everybody scrambling at the last two songs by Joe Nichols.

It was a 7.5 hour car ride from Central PA. Rained on the way down and really poured Saturday going from the hotel in Wytheville, VA down to the track and back. It rained hard right before the race and then after that was over the race was good to, uninterrupted by weather as you know.

I've been to southern VA a few times in the Blacksburg area. Very beautiful ride but like its super-slab stretch through PA, 81 is an adventure all the way through VA, a good 320 miles of it. Lots of up-down and with high traffic volume Friday it was stop and go with rigs getting hung out wide in left lane on a hill and everybody having to check up creating the slinky effect. Of course if you try to leave a gap so you don't crack the guy in front of you in the rear end, somebody is going to pass you on the right and fill in that 15 foot gap and pick up a spot on you in the standings. Throw in some hard rain and it was pretty dicey at times but we made it Friday night and decided to head down to the track early Saturday (80-ish miles). There were plenty of race fans from all over the country at the chain hotel off the I in Wytheville and also several from Canada. One guy from Ontario said 11.5 hours for him and he goes every year. Said he's never been to Michigan or Pocono or the Glen but been to Bristol and Martinsville many times. Guy knows what he likes. Props to him for that sort of dedication.

So we left for the track around 11:30 am for the Cup race. I had no tickets and didn't know what we'd run into as far as parking opportunities considering all the rain. I had no idea if lots would be closed due to mud or whatnot. We took a back road off 81, VA 75 to TN 44 to US 421 and TN 394. This was a good call although it involved windin two-lane roads a good bit of the way, also a lot of water on the road in spots. I was surprised to see no one, not one person selling tickets on the street anywhere. Not on the way in, not at a gas station, not at the track. We were able to park for ten bucks in the Pole Position (I think it was) lot which is a campground. Full of fun people and level, gravel parking. Also easy out the way we came in.

Bought tickets at the window for $110 each (x3) in Petty Grandstand. Very happy with the location. Had seen some on Stubhub for $65 and with fees I think it was going to be about $240 out the door. Didn't buy them so I spent about $30 per ticket more. For a one-time thing, I was fine with it. My fantasy of finding somebody with tickets on the street for less than face did not come true but we saved money by not doing the bus trip. Everything is a trade-off. More perks on the bus trip plus an extra race Friday, nicer hotel, don't have to drive. Save money driving yourself, no schedule, do what you want when you want. You choose the problems you want to deal with. Tickets I got were fine with me....

t9MoindAazWQjVc_DrOKYh3fRj9YNQSeIlVM8rip7jX-suhJJw2s0TeoqfLeq0VRqMDRv8V4UrVpYyo9GlMuKbnTFNjMdmXRANcftKl5t_gkI-KyRomGFpZhDua21s8V0txkzH60sSnmCDdqnR2sLH5_Z5Y3hBh1j3BrKjSwbyDEysXyBlpIK-kEe7_uDZlNFEXzpUy3gyk7saeYZDXaerlgzPmd5piT9OpsP1x0KDfOKwbJrcYPCWv0gMLspGyAJWArdNqJzqzc1lxGQl_MHe2S8IgN1ywQhIt011aNfCQ9VYdw38gukBbHiM9jBS7ZH2iAx43NN3P5Y0fhvH4DksRoIfwHYt2jCAZSUm-L3V18o_lypsjEwNCG6R1-kEYBBwtF95HJ0OZTssUpc9WDoDDfIugNyBa7v5r3Mv7Xnp5kwR9jEW6vi8XjN_EGU8QfiTPxWN8bpn6-NGKvP0Aun14EODXHCJUO5Acv-cYMs8lMGvt1bQRE9f2U0dY0yRgZ1iG3D9buYt3qJXpBS1frUvbm1nUEd5nu3jEb_CS2SoC_sBzoWAH2PB4veZZYXaTz9r8MFf1muZZWqBLRcJtwBLSi1eWNQoI_wGROtgs=w872-h654-no

Can only compare to Pocono and Dover as far as other tracks but the only knock I had was that food options were limited at the track, and I didn't really care anyway. Arby's is the dominant vendor inside. I saw one other stand that had chicken, corn, brats and whatnot. At Pocono you have loads of other food options everywhere. Beers were reasonable for track prices (I broke down and bought a few, $6 for a 16 oz can, Bud products.) I know you can bring your own but we were traveling light being on the road. Didn't see any food stands on the side we entered (the dragstrip side) outside. Crowd was far more into it than say, a Pocono crowd. Southern hospitality was full throttle in the parking areas and in the stands. Great people.

Racing was top notch. Thoroughly engrossed in the long battle for the lead between Bowyer and Truex. Place went nuts when Ky Bu crashed early and then were completely irate when the 78 got wrecked by him. More middle fingers than I've seen in years. Not going to get too into my reaction to the whole thing but the fans in the stands simply believe he dumped him, no questions asked. It was an amusing (albeit expected) reaction.

Very intrigued with the location of the track and the (to me) odd choice for where to put it. Was interesting to see the pains that were taken to fit the thing in this narrow space in the hills...

2owohHE-BOHrl35Is-N9UoqL7fsmjpjhMNKbDFAovnXjSW0IhQHaXalI-FIOPdamCZah1IPwJj386YF2HxdIxTuG-9ysRjhmX69dY5z70w9Zhdk6MUI6n95S0alk4u5vlItdQyUtq7woia5n9bIYwC54KmsdtV1crymdst1fYMcPgtOxD7ILF8hb5hSSB9scfjV74FrEuycFcNHBgdB9p1pwpkvK1JoDIH60wIF2snrx1S7HxhJSoaPrPXX-Smdyo4ZAaGym20_IG9xIk1kQ8GpD-rax5ju4x_rF9lh3Cf7fnxGpHezt6OHTdTXg1jO0rvfHf4b2aHxbGt5j0cLEQEODnw9ZXKNU7nkJkbMYB-U5ptXanATv9CtoaYUrpIlHCCSwhBXhjSPmFcdEKxBKw5S0lqWEKuRytODVJZHv_UUAYBRMhDv8vIvt5UTeb61lCcXuWDuclFeasUQnbhoXOnt5aPFHOOdH2mBpYYgEJ3TwE-yR5EAjjRm3oDApovjilrDRuGpOwgyCOUdJQnqwTcLemcqqiQS4DEnG4h6iaiX-uDokzW1qdxThosdXcsUsqYeN5zjlXFQFk6EsoO6hElA9a2yCuuf-tvDvIVA=w491-h654-no

But it certainly works for atmosphere, noise, action the whole package. The track seems to do everything it can to get people in who might have trouble doing the mountain-goat routine with the hills. Many golf carts and so forth transporting handicapped people around, also ample ADA parking. I don't need it (yet) thankfully but I got the idea they do all they can to accommodate patrons with disabilities. It can be a hike from the lots to the track and the aisles and stairs inside are steep.

We wasted no time getting back to the car and on the road and didn't wait long getting out of our lot back to 394 and then it was an easy ride back to the Interstate except for the RAIN again which was another deluge once we got back up around the VA state line. Skipped out of the hotel for home Sunday AM and took about 7.5 hrs back home. Lighter traffic homeward. I think VA Tech and some of the other schools along the way were probably returning for fall semester Friday which added to the traffic. Could be wrong on that, just my working hypothesis.

All in all, a memorable trip and experience. Thanks to those who posted advice and tips for getting to Bristol. We figure Martinsville is probably about the same length of trip so we are considering that next, although the missus would definitely go back to Bristol again. This was a bucket-lister for her.

l2hkvtGI0ob_fAwNvWSZu8pC2WolMdQNHHazZL-oxTgBgXMA5vNGh2REGl8yOUqbBLo-bSTJxN25cZT_GoGc-MVYsCiM6RPv99cG2THwqP9u4muu_M9yITgxjPSOuwp2eVuQKWgHU6UZ2R1hystG1_RLpYBqi7fzgreSvD0rX-gyZ9KjSOYmjj9TQt2k7I8z4iAB5FfiH7b4sY77ergXucEKf6cCBZFr6kJyeJEAVAaJOyqq-X2ObXoMiWJgt5XeKJK95LLPQso5PdW7rufDdzddUtNRQ9Im-qcbnWIayuz77X7iXr9uKuQW8WyEexAOJ7nhhlrshPxniShXd1cZdDYctzusUpK_BX2hqp-guKQQBPRbtFUC5Ls6R7929Bv3AZ0WaLZ8-O10uKx95hhmgFKuillOk9Vryle4lQFJc6Psg_8_u-Uv-CWdNivtzlYid5oGF53DTvum18ljaYuaHDccQZWJ8C_bR533AJVLgXk6PO2GSoQdtUFzMvCQl4c7nzJBeD364QZUPwGds8Rf_LTHTDFueOE6vywG8SUvLD7D0Cjs-xPnwQt4l9BLC3f9EEghs8d-X98hk0YUrPtUcs5EVd9U7GkXQTGtWsQ=w491-h654-no

Thanks for sharing. Brings a smile to my face remembering my own Bristol night race.

Test pic from Bristol last night (before the pre-race deluge)

_kcjLZzwkiVQ4l5hRM0uO2AiyTAdaHjFl3z5qQFGh7Hnn4z4SL-5AlIcTW-rIJMWej9ek-IuufXXByvu531PyaGA99HqNewDKLXMQelugnm8yZ3xswvmSt6AZAD0qexr7xFW5dQZpokAWG9HmlEu5U96yv6xKNG1yQbFfjemFiDc05X9ycnaRacOJSDY7cQyx6K0LvffsOTFpgDrqm0u4Put_vGaTdCEz8WgIskfJ7hnCI_7hKsS_8v9N8qG35_2wOJyt2xRz9PZhZgiEjXdeY2Ox51hsqEW7DJhPsJHyOcM0Ns5naZvT61a8dTPBy4NGybTuMMzELxsbPRMdUXYLvnXy8-MqVuLXAL2XrPnq1z7S7mBaqdSq2ZduArHNALUR4ZNXUGt_oistW31pE0asGqFBi1es-bHVQunuxwWP864iPdr_2zg7UzKu4Wc2D3It3mbtRUMHKtRt0roI2Ypau8-06PMe8c3bEpECKQRMO9O3i9-Fygk_0XND-HpHRJU2_zohMYeRbHzOtNMbrNc5Pxz8TAzNGOJqh_lHt3eeE5PY08ezA2OyZpxIRZvukPRc8efKa6wORbZP_ed2KaAWZHJFhYMzldfKdNxJMc=w872-h654-no
@Bob just FYI, I cannot see this test photo any longer. I could see it when you posted yesterday, but not now. Also, that is a very fine report you wrote about your trip, but I can't see those photos either.

Reactions: sdj
@Bob just FYI, I cannot see this test photo any longer. I could see it when you posted yesterday, but not now. Also, that is a very fine report you wrote about your trip, but I can't see those photos either.
Same here.

Ah, sorry about that. I'll try to figure it out somehow. Just a pic of seat location and the footers and steelwork under the stands in the awkward hilly setup. I realize some of these were fairly recent after they enclosed the whole thing. Nothing anybody hasn't probably seen before.

My brother informs me that Wytheville (pronounced "WITH") was named after a signatory of the Declaration of Independence. George Wythe. Learn something new every day following the great sport of NASCAR. :salute:

My brother informs me that Wytheville (pronounced "WITH") was named after a signatory of the Declaration of Independence. George Wythe. Learn something new every day following the great sport of NASCAR. :salute:

I got a $441 speeding ticket in Wytheville on my way to Bristol a few years back. Expensive lesson learned, don't drive 80 in Virginia.

I got a $441 speeding ticket in Wytheville on my way to Bristol a few years back. Expensive lesson learned, don't drive 80 in Virginia.
Oh man I was always taught don't speed in Virginia.

That's a bad ouchie. Sorry to hear that. We didn't see any troopers other than those occupied at accident scenes. The rain had everything all wadded up.

That was way back when Virginians knew how to reed and rite. ;)

Reactions: Bob
Well, for our first time to Bristol, we were happy. Trying to load pics, cause they tell a better story than words, but it's frustrating.Seems to take forever. Speaking of Wyethville, Mrs. Miler has a aunt who lives there. We visit every other year for Thanksgiving . There is a cool antique mall on the outskirts called Snoopers, and over the last 25 years I've picked up some pretty amazing items there. Now, how to easier load up my pics?

1zlx7v5.jpg

I spent a few weekends this summer travelling around the Northwest with a bunch of old racing buddies. They're vintage racing 70's and 80's era super modifieds and having a lot of fun. And going fast. One of them offered me an opportunity to take his car out for some laps ... the blue and white 56 above with this old boy in the seat. I had a blast ... like riding a bicycle ... sort of. Mrs. Aunty thinks I should get a package together. I might.

I am reminded that the best things about auto racing are the people and the atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom