Race pics and experiences

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

That's one of the hardest things to try and explain to a non racing fan.

2. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

Get out there and have fun, aunty. :)

Johali likes this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Nice!

4. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

So the mrs is on board? No excuses now :D

5. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

My fiancée captured the final restart from Dover with a special guest appearance from yours truly

aunty dive, sdj, Pat and 2 others like this.
  6. RCM88x

RCM88x Crew Chief

Got to two races this year, so thought I might as well post a couple pics. Kentucky and Fall Dega, both races were pretty much snooze feasts, well at least until the last lap at Dega. Took advantage of the 24$ student ticket discount for the Dega race, was an awesome deal, seats were solid enough and made the day super cheep (glad I didn't play $175 per for better seats). Got the Kentucky tickets for about $80 per seat, which is a pretty solid deal I think.

Both facilities were pretty great, I guess they were both built up for larger crowds than they get now so it never felt too packed. Would have been great to see a Dega race 10-20 years ago when the track was in its prime, all that action would have probably worn you out by the end of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glad I was able to get to events this year, haven't been since Michigan in 2006 when I was much younger. Though its sort of ironic I finally get to a race again the season after Jr. retires, as has was always my favorite driver. Hope to go again sometime soon.

2 Sweet, LewTheShoe, Johali and 2 others like this.
  7. Joe Pisciotta

Joe Pisciotta Gasman

More pics of 2017. If you don't go to races in your area please go, support your track. Have to go at least once in your lifetime. It's a totally different experience.

Dale Jr's last race.

[​IMG]Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

At the time Kenseth's last race. Well his last race for JGR.

[​IMG]Nascar 3 by jpjr501, on Flickr

The Championship 4.

[​IMG]Nascar 5 by jpjr501, on Flickr

We had great seats, sit up high in Turn 1 under the awning so we don't roast.

[​IMG]Nascar 4 by jpjr501, on Flickr

Here is the difference between roasting in the sun for a few hours or buying tickets smart. Dale Jr fans packing the stands.

[​IMG]Nascar 6 by jpjr501, on Flickr

The sun set and the racing changed, Truex's car woke up and he passed the 18 for the lead and never looked back.

[​IMG] by jpjr501, on Flickr

Look at this sky, what a great day.

The 2017 Champion, Truex.

Fan Zone

[​IMG]Nascar 16 by jpjr501, on Flickr

Big Ass Daytona Trophy.

[​IMG]Nascar 18 by jpjr501, on Flickr

sdj, 2 Sweet, Pat and 3 others like this.
  8. Joe Pisciotta

Joe Pisciotta Gasman

What an interesting weekend.

My two boys (13 & 19) and I had Friday night truck tickets. We got there around 2:45 to see other events (Xfinity practice, Truck Qualifying, Cup Qualifying, etc.).

After we watched Truck qualifying we were walking around and my youngest son says "Clint Bowyer and cash are in the Ford area." We role up and I snap a few pics and we're about to leave when the announcer says Clint is giving away Garage / Pit passes if you can answer a trivia questions. Both my boys are walking NASCAR trivia Wikipedia pages. So Clint asks the question (you can see it in the YouTube Video 2:48 of the video below). The question was asked and of hundreds of people there my oldest son Joseph raises his hand. I'm like Clint is in for it now. Well in the video that wasn't the original question, he had asked a different queston about the Taladega running order by my son said, "after Kurt Busch ran out of fuel on the last lap or before?" Clint was like oh yeah, he did. Then he rephrased the question to the one you hear in the video.

Then the night changed with those Garage passes. All of sudden we're walking the garage running into drivers. I bumped into Matt Crafton literally 3 times, seems like he was looking for attention. Reddick I also ran into and when I say that I mean it. People have to stay behind the yellow line including drivers so we're all jammed into a little area. Algier, Poole and a few others are in the video.

My son got a picture with the Truck Champion literally minutes of him climbing into the truck and winning the race plus Championship.

My son got a picture with Natalie Decker, he's got a thing. She was very nice.

We bought Dale Jr's book on Friday and those who did got a guaranteed signature from Dale on Sunday so we went back for that.

You can see all of the above in the video.

Here are just a few pics for those who are at work.

9. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

AWESOME! :punkrocke

10. Pat

Pat Team Owner

I do not remember a time when Dale Jr was able to sign from the merchandise hauler. I am sure he loves it.

Johali likes this.
  11. Joe Pisciotta

Joe Pisciotta Gasman

Funny you say that because I told my son there is no way he's going to be basically in the parking lot in plain view of everyone signing your book.

I was wrong, this trailer was right at the main gate, the line for the signing was 2 miles and the crowd in front of the trailer watching him sign all those books was probably 3 or 4,000.

He walked up to the trailer by himself (well with two security dudes trailing 12-15 feet behind, white t-shirt and backpack) and jumped right in. He didn't look up at all the people (mostly drunks from the parking lot) screaming to him about Dale Sr. mostly.

I was very impressed, he got to sign everyone's book in that 2 mile long line in about 55 minutes. He then walked away by himself (security trailing) and as people tried to get his autograph while walking he said he had to be in the booth in 15 minutes. Most respected that and backed off.

It was a great weekend, sorry that it's over. Both my boys said they had the best weekend of their life. It's a very proud Dad moment to hear that. I got teenagers that want to hang with their parents, it's a rare sight so I'll take it.

sdj, Clutch, 2 Sweet and 1 other person like this.
  12. Pat

Pat Team Owner

That's what it is about right there. I'm glad all had a great time.

3-4000 sounds like what I would expect. They didn't show the line in the photos.

13. Joe Pisciotta

Joe Pisciotta Gasman

The line is in the video I posted above all those photos, it's at 10:05 while I'm walking down the row with all the Mustangs. I point out how long the line is.

Thanks man!

EDIT - By the way, my son Joseph tagged Natalie Decker on Instagram, he posted the picture. She replied with hearts. Haha, he's smitten.

Pat likes this.
  14. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Ok I see it now. It was behind all the cars.

Clutch likes this.
  15. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Awesome Bud!

Joe Pisciotta likes this.
  16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

A dad and his two young son's first time experiences going to a Nascar race. It is really good.

17. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Gasman

Jimmie Johnson and Chase Elliott appeared at the Chevy display in the morning before the Fall Cup Series race at Talladega race this year (1000Bulbs 500). Afterwards my youngest (Isaiah) got this picture with Jimmie Johnson.

FB_IMG_1543195114064.jpg

Joe Pisciotta, sdj, Clutch and 5 others like this.
  18. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Gasman

This was also from the Fall race at Dega - guns for sale at a car race - all I could think of was #Murica!!!!

FB_IMG_1543195715667.jpg

Joe Pisciotta, sdj and Pat like this.
  19. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Gasman

This is from the Spring race at Dega this year (GEICO 500). It's my youngest (Isaiah) and my oldest (Laila). Our first trip to Dega.

FB_IMG_1543195699384.jpg

Joe Pisciotta, sdj, Clutch and 5 others like this.
  20. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Gasman

Here is my youngest at the Folds of Honor Quick Trip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway in Feb. 2018. This was his very first race.

FB_IMG_1543195804867.jpg

Joe Pisciotta, sdj, Johali and 3 others like this.
  21. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Gasman

Also at Atlanta - they had a USAF Thunderbird on display and my boy was excited.

FB_IMG_1543195798137.jpg

sdj, Clutch, Johali and 3 others like this.
  22. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

@Jeff Turner welcome to the board. Hope you will stick around. Good looking kids too... actually gorgeous.

gnomesayin and 2 Sweet like this.
  23. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Oh wow. I am sorry I missed that!

24. Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Gasman

Thanks Lew! I have a another daughter too - my middle child - haven't gotten her to a race yet because she's a bit of a whiner/complainer, but hopefully she grows out of that and we'll get her to come along soon.

25. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Great Video. Kind of interesting the young boy picked the M&M Car, my guess is, because he could relate to it, way cool.
    40/700HP cars going by at speed and the little one crashes on Dads lap, LOL. I swear kids can sleep anywhere when they finally let go.
    I see lots of kids this size at every Nascar Race I attend and all are excited and happy, gotta love the good ole USA. :punkrocke

StandOnIt likes this.
  26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Luke the dad has a Catfish and Carp YouTube channel in addition to the Outdoor Boys channel.. He takes those kids out fishing in the snow, rain, other countries you name it. They catch some big ones and are always into something. Yeah, you see sponsorship at work with young Tommy.

27. Joe Pisciotta

Joe Pisciotta Gasman

The best line in the video from one of the kids..."I love this Place!!!!!!!!"

Me too kid, me too.

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

His ol man is a hell of a fisherman. Pretty amazing what his oldest boy has learned how to do

sdj and Johali like this.
  29. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Damn.

StandOnIt likes this.