Race thread: 104th Indy 500

NBC has local news coming up. I think that's a factor, it often is when it comes these scenarios in IndyCar.

Sato did a great job and had a controversial block to keep Dixon behind him. I’m sure that will be talked about for a long time.

I think the commentator over hyped the severity of it. Looked like an ok block to me. It wasn't a sudden one.

This one is on Dixon's team. I'm still baffled with that message that he should let Sato by. Sheer stupidity.

I just want them to be consistent. Fine with it ending under yellow. It's a race, not a show, just decide how you're going officiate it and stick with it. The issue is with reserving the discretion to make it up on the spot.

I just want them to be consistent. Fine with it ending under yellow. It's a race, not a show, just decide how you're going officiate it and stick with it. The issue is with reserving the discretion to make it up on the spot.
Agreed. Something tells me if it weren't so late they would've tried to flag it. A driver laying on the track being tended to is usually reason enough for a red. My guess is they saw the attenuator, figured it would take much too long to repair, and kept it yellow to the finish. I don't disagree but would like to see them stick to a rhyme and reason.

Back
Top Bottom