Race Thread --- Busch Clash

It’s an exhibition race and Chase had a space to fill, chill bruh.

He knew he was a little better getting into the braking zones while Blaney was better getting off. In this of age when wrecking each other is accepted more power to 'em. He failed epically in the execution and KB happily took the win.

Blaney melts like butter. Should’ve won by over a second with those tires.
It’s not the first time he has lost a race he should have won. Hopefully he racks up a couple this year. Personally he needs to start winning more then one race a year, it’s not like the 12 is that far off the 2 and 22 like some other teams 3rd car

Hey @Revman : here’s where I console myself by posting about MY championship merch that has been coming in... j/k man, fun race and enjoy your win!

“Feel like you gotta go for it at an event like this”

That is the exact attitude this sport needs more of. Being diplomatic and presidential about everything is lame af.
Of course. :XXROFL:

Truex had the best car....but gotta to get his **** together....he will.

Hey @Revman : here’s where I console myself by posting about MY championship merch that has been coming in... j/k man, fun race and enjoy your win!
Almost everything has come in, but I just got notification tonight that the champ hats that I ordered for my son and I shipped today from Fanatics!

That Penske had some power but......
Blaney left a big door open on that last chicane. Chase had
no choice but to take it. I enjoyed that though. Way to go Kybu !
The blind squirrel found a peanut M&M.

not sure what blaney could have done differently.

not sure what blaney could have done differently.
Focused on his marks with fresher tires than worrying about his mirror? If he hits his marks and leaves no huge gap, he knows his buddy won’t dump him. Unfortunately he opened the door wide enough that Chase had to go for it. Blaney feels to me like Chase in the 24 days: overthinking pressure and wilting.

Yeah I thought Truex had the best car and he had it won, but he got too greedy trying to pull away and it bit him. There are so many players that had a shot at the win was the good part. Blaney and Hamlin were strong from the first along with Truex. Logano showed up at the end for a third. Reddick didn't lie, he put on a show for 4th. Byron came back from a flat to finish 5th. KDB moved up to third after being a non goer for most of the race and capitalized on the youngsters at the end. Elliott was impressive on old tires.

Focused on his marks with fresher tires than worrying about his mirror? If he hits his marks and leaves no huge gap, he knows his buddy won’t dump him. Unfortunately he opened the door wide enough that Chase had to go for it. Blaney feels to me like Chase in the 24 days: overthinking pressure and wilting.
I was thinking that exact thing. I hope he gets over that hump like Chase has.

On one of those corners it looked like he was soft playing the brakes. Maybe he didnt have much pedal?

It was a pretty good race to knock the rust off. I saw several cars bombing turn 1 on the outside passing a lot of cars on restarts and dancing on the edge to maintain a spot throughout the corner - some didn't make it but more made it work.

I hope all of the road racing will be this good.
I was listening to the last part of the race on my laptop and I noticed that Bowman was moving forward and was just a couple spots behind Elliott when the last caution came out and then Bowman took 4 tires but Elliott stayed out. But then Bowman's times started slowing way down and he started losing spots. Do you think the 48 team was testing different setups for the race in a couple weeks or did they just make a bad adjustment on that last stop?

I was listening to the last part of the race on my laptop and I noticed that Bowman was moving forward and was just a couple spots behind Elliott when the last caution came out and then Bowman took 4 tires but Elliott stayed out. But then Bowman's times started slowing way down and he started losing spots. Do you think the 48 team was testing different setups for the race in a couple weeks or did they just make a bad adjustment on that last stop?
Chase wanted tires last caution but they didn’t have any more. Or so Alan said.

Back
Top Bottom