Race Thread --- Busch Clash

Elliott is so much smoother and easier on his brakes. I wasn't seeing any lockup when he was out front and Blaney blew that next to the last corner before they wrecked with a bit of brake lockup

Braking zones are where Chase ate everyone up last couple years. He absolutely kills bus stops and chicanes, which I believe is why he dominates WG and the Roval.

I was listening to the last part of the race on my laptop and I noticed that Bowman was moving forward and was just a couple spots behind Elliott when the last caution came out and then Bowman took 4 tires but Elliott stayed out. But then Bowman's times started slowing way down and he started losing spots. Do you think the 48 team was testing different setups for the race in a couple weeks or did they just make a bad adjustment on that last stop?
New tires didn't work out for everybody the last stop.

Braking zones are where Chase ate everyone up last couple years. He absolutely kills bus stops and chicanes, which I believe is why he dominates WG and the Roval.
You can see it good here. Blaney definitely knew Elliott was there

Exactly.

You can see it good here. Blaney definitely knew Elliott was there

If Elliott would have been where Blaney was at and KDB would have been where Elliott was at I have a feeling there would have been a whole different outlook on that move with a few here. :D

I'm not suggesting it's going to be business as usual this year but Chase wasn't real happy with his car all night, had no drive off and wasn't turning left very well.

He started last and still nearly won on old tires...

I'm not suggesting it's going to be business as usual this year but Chase wasn't real happy with his car all night, had no drive off and wasn't turning left very well.

He started last and still nearly won on old tires...
Wasn’t happy? If he was would he have lapped the field?

I was listening to the last part of the race on my laptop and I noticed that Bowman was moving forward and was just a couple spots behind Elliott when the last caution came out and then Bowman took 4 tires but Elliott stayed out. But then Bowman's times started slowing way down and he started losing spots. Do you think the 48 team was testing different setups for the race in a couple weeks or did they just make a bad adjustment on that last stop?
The lower lap times could have even simply been due to track position and heavier traffic after pitting.

I did not watch the race. I was unfortunately at work, I want that Ryan Blaney every week in that type of situation.

Yeah, he didn't finish the move, but him being there near the end of the race instead of fading is a good sign. Happy for Kyle, it was kind of reminicent when Logano and Hamlin wanted to kill each other at Fontana in 2013. Kyle was there near the end, scoots on by and gets the W.

@Nitro Dude
Bowman got the hit knocked out of him by a spinning Stenhouse off of a Reddick. Heavy damage. Starts at the 4:00 mark in the clip

I think Elliot cut Blaney a little slack during the last lap. Blaney used up his car to pass for the lead. One of those drivers Elliot woudn't mind wrecking probably would have pushed past Blaney much earlier. I think Blaney and Elliot know how they race each other - maybe it changed a bit.

Blaney gives me major kasey Kahne pushover vibes. He needs to start standing up for himself or people will keep using him up

Back
Top Bottom