RACE thread --- Daytona 500

Beautiful in SoCal for golf! Thankfully I can easily find more sports to watch. This thread is so much better than torturing myself with the rain delay nonsense. I'd rather Fox replay an old race....

It always blows my mind why they can't just run ads during the Red flag. Nobody gives a crap about these dumb canned interviews, but once the green flag drops we'll be back to getting KFC ads every 8 laps.
If you paid the money that these company's pay to advertise their products would you want to advertise again with NASCAR if they ran your advertisement when a lot of the fans are not watching?

When folks at home on their couches are smarter than the race organizers, it can piss you off.

Shoulda had the start at 1 pm EST.
Nah what pisses me off is when people at home on their couches think they know more than the people who run the sport based on their opinion after seeing how things unfold.

Hindsight is 20/20

The drivers have all seen the radar. They are probably fed up being told to hop in their cars again right as more storms are developing just West of the track.

Are pace laps necessary at this point. Just lettem pace off pit road and when they get back to the line throw the green.

Some of you people complain too much.. just saying.
What would a Nascar season be without constant complaining? And what better a topic to complain about? Weather..... Whatcha gonna do?

Sometimes the threat of inclement weather produces some of the best racing at Daytona & Talladega. Heck, the result may be a few big ones. Then we get complain about that. ;)

We've also got the 'This isn't real racing!' complaint. There's all kinds of directions we can go. The seasons just getting started.

The drivers have all seen the radar. They are probably fed it being told to hop in their cars again right as more storms are developing just West of the track.

I agree. I tend to think it's a way to keep people engaged until the day/night becomes lost. The forecast does not look good....

Nah what pisses me off is when people at home on their couches think they know more than blah blah blah blah blah

Hindsight is 20/20

It wasn’t hindsight that told these tools to start late to increase the TV audience.

What would a Nascar season be without constant complaining? And what better a topic to complain about? Weather..... Whatcha gonna do?

Sometimes the threat of inclement weather produces some of the best racing at Daytona & Talladega. Heck, the result may be a few big ones. Then we get complain about that. ;)

We've also got the 'This isn't real racing!' complaint. There's all kinds of directions we can go. The seasons just getting started.
It's good to be back :rolleyes:
:cheers:

I'm sorry, but this is looking more like The Great American Farce. If we actually get this thing in, I'll stand corrected.

This is actually gonna be pretty wild because the radar no doubt looks foreboding. Do they think they can get to 1/2 way and that will be it? Or do the just log laps until it rains and save their stuff for the conclusion tomorrow?

And green flag for the Great American Race, lets go racing for the 2020 season

We"re back!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom