RACE thread --- Daytona 500

I have work obligations tomorrow, so hopefully it doesn't get rained out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I work 11-4 central tomorrow, so assuming they start at 4 Eastern tomorrow, I at least will only miss the first stage.

I'll say it again, NASCAR allowing themselves to be held hostage by networks and sponsors, may have been part of the reason the sport is in the predicament it's in...

If we had somebody running the sport who had teeth, and wasn't afraid to lead with a pistol, we might not be in this mess

Am I the only one that thinks they can do without the studio updates?
No, its the new FOX Sports style , they want to include the studio more during the broadcast, i think its by-product of them cutting back on the at track on air talent.

I'll say it again, NASCAR allowing themselves to be held hostage by networks and sponsors, may have been part of the reason the sport is in the predicament it's in...

If we had somebody running the sport who had teeth, and wasn't afraid to lead with a pistol, we might not be in this mess

Unchecked greed has been the #1 factor in the downfall of NASCAR

TV without question runs the sport. It has since 2001. TV also controls college football now. The playoffs/title game exist because of ESPN footing the bill....

from my experience, NASCAR will wait till at least 730 for the rain to move out and get a 9 oclock start. Take it for what its worth but they want to get this in tonight

Who/what would get tv priority? XFL and college hoops are on FS1 and of course Sunday primetime shows are on Fox tonight. No way would they move the race to FS2.

The downfall of NASCAR started when they abandoned their base. Moving start times to later in the day continues to just screw the people that work hard and save money to go to the race. People that sit out today will still probably miss tomorrow since they'll have to leave before the 4 pm start time.

The downfall of NASCAR started when they abandoned their base. Moving start times to later in the day continues to just screw the people that work hard and save money to go to the race. People that sit out today will still probably miss tomorrow since they'll have to leave before the 4 pm start time.
Who stated a 4:00 PM time?
Someone on " Twitter". Please....

Sad fact but the tv audience is more important

... Somebody who isn't afraid to play the "You need NASCAR, more than NASCAR needs you" card..
Except you have it backwards. If the networks have NASCAR by the dangly bits, it's because NASCAR put them in the networks' hands in exchange for a big fat check with lots of zeroes.

Uh oh now they're showing a replay of the 2019 race Prepare yourselves for the scores of people who will think this is 2020's race
As soon as they started showing another race I tuned out. I don't need to watch a race that I have already watched because the results are not going to change.:)

There are certified responses man
Where. I'm just curious as to whether it was NASCAR. If not, "reliable "people are of no use. I haven't seen an official statement from NASCAR, and apparently no one else can produce one.

Where. I'm just curious as to wheter it was NASCAR. If not, "reliable "people are of no use.
These are reporters that are getting the info direct from the source

Of course its not official in till its been made official.

Back
Top Bottom