RACE thread --- Daytona 500

2A6C821B-F465-4667-85CB-F503947F5FCB.jpeg

Reactions: Pat
If they are going to race at 10PM-11PM, there is a 2AM curfew, don't ******* bother NASCAR, just run the race tommorrow
So the track can get a wavier for the 24 Hours Of Daytona but not for a rain delayed NASCAR race?
Seems ****** logical :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All this complaining about weather no one has complained yet about ....if this does get pushed to tomorrow these teams have to somehow get cars all the way across country to Vegas when most haulers I think leave by Tuesday. Just seems Russian Roulette having a race in an area with finicky weather and then turning around to have a race on the west coast. A logistical nightmare when you have tracks in Atlanta, Rockhingam, Richmond and Homestead that could have been slotted in the second race of the season. The schedule in 21 should really be looked at easing the logistics for teams and hauler drivers, I think that’s the biggest issue the sport has to sort out IMO. Quality of life for those that work behind the scenes should be taken (team members) into consideration There’s no reason they can’t have Daytona-Homestead-say Richmond or another southern track to start then head out west to do the West Coast Swing
I like your call on Daytona/Homestead. Maybe some fans would stick around for that and if they cut back time spent at Daytona, speedweeks could continue. I thought the bigger teams had a second hauler to head out west.

Ahh man thats easy , the teams can bring what they need from the shop down to the Daytona and do swap out if they need to
I thought they do the swap out once they get out West? Like Stand On It said this has to be rough on the smaller teams specially at a time when the emphasis is on helping those guys. Not saying it’s going to happen but improving logistics should be looked at if it isn’t already. The way Monster Supercross does their schedule I wish NASCAR would do that

Let me try again. No fans = no tv revenue. As a fan who has attended many races over the years, I prefer earlier starts. I think when NASCAR was selling out the Firecracker 400 started at 11:00 in the morning and maybe the qualifiers did as well.
You imply the fans at the track are 'harder' than the ones at home. There are fans of most televised sports who will never attend an event. They may not want to, or can't afford to. (As a veteran, I can get into many PGA events for free. I did that once but never will again. I'm just too short to see. I can see it all on TV.)

We've both ready plenty of comments about people who won't go because it's too hot or cold or there's no WiFi. Those folks can't or won't attend ANY sport, not just races. But they'll fire up the tube to watch 'their' team every week, and there are a LOT more of them than their are of us.

Ticket and hotel prices are a bigger obstacle to track attendance than any televised rain delay.

I thought they do the swap out once they get out West? Like Stand On It said this has to be rough on the smaller teams specially at a time when the emphasis is on helping those guys. Not saying it’s going to happen but improving logistics should be looked at if it isn’t already. The way Monster Supercross does there schedule I wish NASCAR would do that
Yes, they do swap out during the west coast part, not before it starts, its a 7 hour drive back to the shop, 32 hours to Vegas, and all the teams all have 2 hauler drivers, there is plenty of time to go back to shop and do a swap out , even being pushed back to Monday.

Yes, its very rough on the smaller teams. I know some of them just rotate between primary and back up for the 3 races, I know the #32 does.

So it must be unusual for rain in the late afternoon in Florida this time of the year. No one could be dumb enough not to schedule the race for 12:30 if the weather pattern was predictable.

All this complaining about weather no one has complained yet about ....if this does get pushed to tomorrow these teams have to somehow get cars all the way across country to Vegas when most haulers I think leave by Tuesday. Just seems Russian Roulette having a race in an area with finicky weather and then turning around to have a race on the west coast. A logistical nightmare when you have tracks in Atlanta, Rockhingam, Richmond and Homestead that could have been slotted in the second race of the season. The schedule in 21 should really be looked at easing the logistics for teams and hauler drivers, I think that’s the biggest issue the sport has to sort out IMO. Quality of life for those that work behind the scenes should be taken (team members) into consideration There’s no reason they can’t have Daytona-Homestead-say Richmond or another southern track to start then head out west to do the West Coast Swing
No one has mentioned that because they only care about things happening at their convenience. If it doesn't affect them it doesnt matter.

So it must be unusual for rain in the late afternoon in Florida this time of the year. No one could be dumb enough not to schedule the race for 12:30 if the weather pattern was predictable.
The same people that scheduled Vegas as race #2 then back to the east coast to Atlanta.

Rain in the afternoon in Florida is predictable any time of the year.

No one has mentioned that because they only care about things happening at their convenience. If it doesn't affect them it doesnt matter.
Sure point well taken I just feel really bad for those fans that traveled in for the Daytona 500, the teams and hauler guys. Just unlucky situation

You just listed the biggest sporting events in the world. Non fans of those sports always tune in to at least see whats going on and stay in the loop.

Not a single race in today’s NASCAR has that much popularity anymore.
I really hate having to agree with you.

Speaking of Atlanta, I've had tickets to four races in 20 year. Three were rain-delayed to the extent I didn't even get in the car. I recall about half of my spring Rainingham races were rain-delayed too. So don't anyone start complaining in a couple of weeks.

No **** Charlie:laugh:, and again, I do not believe that NASCAR can't get a last minute waiver.
I don't believe it either. Just pointing out one difference. The city knows about all events at the track well in advance; why hasn't it declared a blanket exemption?

I don't believe it either. Just pointing out one difference. The city knows about all events at the track well in advance; why hasn't it declared a blanket exemption for all events?
Of course, that is a valid point, but like you said, they know what is taking place , for all we know, the track gets exemptions for those weekends.

Speaking of Atlanta, I've had tickets to four races in 20 year. Three were rain-delayed to the extent I didn't even get in the car. M. I recall about half of my spring Rainingham races were rain-delayed too. So don't anyone start complaining in a couple of weeks.
How was Atlanta I’ve always wanted to go to a race there just for the history of so many champions being crowned there....And of course Rockingham if they ever get any racing there id try to attend those as well

live from the track, top of the grand stand camera view

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom