RACE thread --- Duels from Daytona

Apparently the Dillon boys and the Ganassi cars don't want to run up front. None of them wanted to work with the 9 and move forward. Sad
I cant tell you how many times this happened with Gordon. I swear when he had some of the fastest cars and jumped out towards the end nobody would fall in line because they knew they’d never get around him.

Creme rises to the top again!!

Two very good races!! I'll take more of this type of racing on Sunday. I love how you can pass but you it takes talent/work/timing!
In a way it's interesting because it takes a lot individually to be able to pass. Not a whole lot of being in the right lane at the right time or whatever but backing up, making a run, getting a sidedraft, finding the hole to slide up into. Not a whole lot of raw passing but as Chase showed the ones you do make take a lot of skill to pull off.

I cant tell you how many times this happened with Gordon. I swear when he had some of the fastest cars and jumped out towards the end nobody would fall in line because they knew they’d never get around him.

Happened just last year to Chase. He had Stenhouse behind him but Stenhouse was too much of a pusscake to follow Chase when he made a move. Some guys would rather settle for a "good" finish than take a chance at battling for a win. It's pathetic

Happened just last year to Chase. He had Stenhouse behind him but Stenhouse was too much of a pusscake to follow Chase when he made a move. Some guys would rather settle for a "good" finish than take a chance at battling for a win. It's pathetic

Can’t sum it up better. It’s literally ruined this style of racing.

I'm glad we have playoff points, extra points for the win, the win and you're in playoffs and stages to get rid of conservative points racing.

In a way it's interesting because it takes a lot individually to be able to pass. Not a whole lot of being in the right lane at the right time or whatever but backing up, making a run, getting a sidedraft, finding the hole to slide up into. Not a whole lot of raw passing but as Chase showed the ones you do make take a lot of skill to pull off.
..and the really skilled ones can pass em 3 at a time ;)

Bowyers such a scrub. Fell asleep at the wheel again

Admitted to bad communication between he and his spotter. Interesting, he did have the time to make a move. I agree with him at looking at the big picture in this case. Don't wreck a good car. His car is fast, but he and his spotter have a bit of work to do.

Hot take: Perhaps the duels have been rendered redunant with the Charter System, and that it's time for them to go
I don't know if it's time for them to go, but they're fairly useless at this point. Not much more than a primetime practice session, and at the end a couple of also-rans happen to be bumped from the field. Not enough payoff, and too much risk (loss of primary car) to race hard all night if you can get it all done on the last lap like Logano did.

Hot take: Perhaps the duels have been rendered redunant with the Charter System, and that it's time for them to go

Absolutey. The duels are really not practical in modern NASCAR racing. Qualifying position simply doesn't matter and there's not enough entries to justify it. The whole point of these races these days is to feel out your car and finish in one piece.

But, I highly TV will allow them to go away. It's prime time weeknight programming which is rare for NASCAR. The alternative for FS1 would be a Big East bball game.

Last edited:
Absolutey. The duels are really not practical in modern NASCAR racing. Qualifying position simply doesn't matter and there's not enough entries to justify it. The whole point of these races are these days i to feel out your car and finish in one piece.

But, I highly TV will allow them to go away. It's prime time weeknight programming which is rare for NASCAR. The alternative for FS1 would be a Big East bball game.
Then move the Clash to the Thursday before the 500, with a million dollar prize for the winner

The Fords surprised me, I gotta admit it. Right out a the box, and they're bad fast. Last year's champ hasn't forgot how he won it all. Man o man, the Ford's are tough, and Slicedbread made the best move yet of Speedweeks. Sunday could be great for Ford. But, my gut feeling is the first 180 laps may reflect a lot of what we saw tonight. Drivers unwilling to do anything stupid and cause major carnage. But the last twenty laps could really get hairy. My hope is we don't see a "big one". All in all, I'm satisfied with tonights show. Were they cautious?, yes, smart? yes also. Didnt look like a demolition derby. Its all good with me.

The Fords surprised me, I gotta admit it. Right out a the box, and they're bad fast. Last year's champ hasn't forgot how he won it all. Man o man, the Ford's are tough, and Slicedbread made the best move yet of Speedweeks. Sunday could be great for Ford. But, my gut feeling is the first 180 laps may reflect a lot of what we saw tonight. Drivers unwilling to do anything stupid and cause major carnage. But the last twenty laps could really get hairy. My hope is we don't see a "big one". All in all, I'm satisfied with tonights show. Were they cautious?, yes, smart? yes also. Didnt look like a demolition derby. Its all good with me.
This.

Back
Top Bottom