RACE thread --- New Hampshire

Dustin Long ‏@dustinlong 9m9 minutes ago
#NASCAR ... Knaus tells Johnson that he and Chase Elliott appear to be using their left front brakes more based on rotor glow.

that was a nice battle between the 18 and 78

I was going to ask 'what is the strategy of the 18?' and out they come ahead of all those that passed him on the track...great job guys...

Is there a reason the stands are so empty? I went to this race back in 2007 when it was the Sylvania 301 and we were 91,000+ and they were adding capacity.

Is there a reason the stands are so empty? I went to this race back in 2007 when it was the Sylvania 301 and we were 91,000+ and they were adding capacity.
It's like that at almost every track. Back in the mid-00s, NASCAR was at the height of its popularity.

And Kurt up to second, nice!

What do you mean he got lose ?, Carl had to check up, Matt got into him a bit

I know attendences are down everywhere but this seems really bad today.

I agree. I just got home from work and had to do a double take. I've pretty much stopped dwelling on attendance but this is REAL ugly.

We're about to have a nice 3 way battle for 2nd.

Yeah, it seems the only races that come close to selling out today are the ones that have had half their seats removed.

Some of these tracks built way WAY too many seats. A track like Loudon should have 65k or so seats imo. That was probably the capacity in '95 or so when the sport was healthy but not overrun by fad fans yet. Loudon will never come close to filling all those seats again for a race in my lifetime imo. And I'm not that old..

What I find interesting is that Kansas and Chicago were built with very modest capacities despite the sport booming at the time. I know seats were added but it wasn't that many. Why didn't ISC go bigger at the time?

I'm listening to PRN and they were saying Kurt and crew are playing with some setup stuff today so the entire team will have more data for the chase race...I'd say its working.

Back
Top Bottom