RACE thread --- Open and All-Star -- Texas

I thought the last year or so its been cleaned up from those trollers and complainers. I feel everyone does a good job during the race thread of talking racing, busting balls and just having a good time. Its almost like if we watched the race in a bar all together. Who are these people that are complaining each week, is it time to name names? Because the posters that didnt like yesterday's race, hate the aero/hp package have made that clear in the past without taking a thread over ( at least when Ive been on a race thread) and are generally good posters that bring something to the discussion. My view is this place would be pretty damn boring if everyone liked the same thing, I think its okay to sometimes not like the product we are seeing. I've complimented it in the past, as well as just come out say I hated it AND made fun of it too. I dont think that makes what you would call a death bedder, or overtly negative. I think all the overtly negative posters that had an ax to grind have all been weeded out. I would even venture to say we have a good group here right now.
It's blatantly obvious if you read the race thread. But if the "what me worry" approach works use it. :biggrin:

Some people are tired of the repeating complaints.

Some of them are legitimate, rendered ineffective by the repetition ... comes off as lecturing.

Some of the others reflect the ignorance of the person complaining.

we have to like everything NASCAR does. Remember we are fans and cant voice our displeasure over anything. NASCAR officials could come to my house in the middle of the night, round up my family and bash their heads in with baseball bats Negan style and I would have to be okay with it. No griping......did you get the memo!
It’s why I stopped positing here as much. Because people get upset if you dare speak ill of NASCAR. Almost as if they are paid to defend them.

I rarely read the entire thread, so admitidly I miss out on some of that.

I can only speak for myself, and I am pretty loud and clear with my dislike of the low horse power high downforce racing. That doesn't mean I'm miserable. That doesn't mean I'm not a fan. And that doesn't mean I'm here to make people's time here hell. I still tune in every week, and chose to express my frustration with the package when it hits in an online racing community that may have some like-minded people.

I would like to think that's the case with others as well, but maybe I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
kinda dumb IMO for people to continuously complain about something that isn't going to change the whole race. Reminds me of a drunk that every hockey game he would stand up and scream at the top of his lungs the whole game. Couldn't understand what he was yelling about I was glad I was sitting far enough away. There are only a few races left and I am betting the same ones will find something to complain about those changes next year. ;)

I thought the last year or so its been cleaned up from those trollers and complainers. I feel everyone does a good job during the race thread of talking racing, busting balls and just having a good time. Its almost like if we watched the race in a bar all together. Who are these people that are complaining each week, is it time to name names? Because the posters that didnt like yesterday's race, hate the aero/hp package have made that clear in the past without taking a thread over ( at least when Ive been on a race thread) and are generally good posters that bring something to the discussion. My view is this place would be pretty damn boring if everyone liked the same thing, I think its okay to sometimes not like the product we are seeing. I've complimented it in the past, as well as just come out say I hated it AND made fun of it too. I dont think that makes what you would call a death bedder, or overtly negative. I think all the overtly negative posters that had an ax to grind have all been weeded out. I would even venture to say we have a good group here right now.
Theres literally 3 posters here that cause everything stupid to happen that is either way off topic or trying to be an internet macho man. Its like your favorite bar has the same group of college kids that always gets a few drinks in and wants to fight everyone in the parking lot. Usually they end up fighting each other and everyone else goes back to their drinks.

Other than that, it’s a good bunch. Sometimes Facebook begins to leak in here but it’s Flexsealed quickly.

I rarely read the entire thread, so admitidly I miss out on some of that.

I can only speak for myself, and I am pretty loud and clear with my dislike of the low horse power high downforce racing. That doesn't mean I'm miserable. That doesn't mean I'm not a fan. And that doesn't mean I'm here to make people's time here hell. I still tune in every week, and chose to express my frustration with the package when it hits in an online racing community that may have some like-minded people.

I would like to think that's the case with others as well, but maybe I'm wrong

I have an idea, why don't you haters of the low H/P package start your own race thread whenever they use that package, and you can all try to re up each other there on who hates it the most. ;) Give the rest of us a break and you guys can complain all ya want.

kinda dumb IMO for people to continuously complain about something that isn't going to change the whole race. Reminds me of a drunk that every hockey game he would stand up and scream at the top of his lungs the whole game. Couldn't understand what he was yelling about I was glad I was sitting far enough away. There are only a few races left and I am betting the same ones will find something to complain about those changes next year. ;)
I don't see anything dumb about it, it's part of being passionate and part of being a fan. You, spotter and anyone else have every right to not like that, or find it dumb. And that's fair. But mods don't take issue with it. You could follow Spotter's lead and bow out of the race threads. But I don't think you want to do that. And I don't want you to, I like your posting here and enjoy your presence. But if it is dumb to you, it's the dummie's problem, and not yours, use that block feature man. It exists for these reasons.

But most importantly, the race is over. Ultimately what's really going on here is that Spotter stirred the pot post race. Basically by making a passive agressive comment from his spotter stand about what he won't tolerate from what he probably sees as dysfunctional/lower functioning members of a community. Which, regardless of how sensitive people are (why is sensitivity bad?), instigated this nonsense.

I have an idea, why don't you haters of the low H/P package start your own race thread whenever they use that package, and you can all try to re up each other there on who hates it the most. ;) Give the rest of us a break and you guys can complain all ya want.
I feel like a thread like that once existed lol.

I had to step away but have we decided if we hate the upcoming Nashville race yet?

It’s why I stopped positing here as much. Because people get upset if you dare speak ill of NASCAR. Almost as if they are paid to defend them.
I think you are taking this to personal because I really don't think you are one of the annoying posters that does this on a regular basis. I have never noticed you complaining non stop week after week about the same thing over and over again. Again it's not about people should all like everything and never complain. I hope you understand the difference because I don't know any other way to explain it.

Last edited:
They must be doing something right, they hit a pretty good lick. No wait.. the experts at R-F have plenty to say about that :cool:

They must be doing something right, they hit a pretty good lick. No wait.. the experts at R-F have plenty to say about that :cool:

Primetime Sunday night TV compared to primetime Saturday night. Sunday night is THE premier weekend slot.

That number doesnt seem that great considering SRX got 1.33 million for its first race on CBS for a Saturday night

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That number doesnt seem that great considering SRX got 1.33 million for its first race on CBS for a Saturday night

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
CBS is FTA and on all cable systems without sports package pricing unlike FS1

An ever growing divided fan base. Racing fans vs Racing Entertainment™ fans.

For me, a constructive criticism type of article that is able to focus on the basics of what is currently wrong with a racing series that I've followed for longer than I care to admit.

(OK, so I do remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard on the radio that Fireball Roberts had passed away.)

1623786058047.png

Back
Top Bottom