RACE thread --- Open and All-Star -- Texas

I said this before, but are we to assume that HMS will just produce the best driver in the sport every 15 years?

Hopefully it'll continue, because they deserve every bit of their success. Mr. H hires Gordon, they discover Johnson, they hire Larson when his reputation is temporarily damaged and nobody else would hire him.

No luck involved, just smart decisions and the ability to recognize elite talent.

Hopefully it'll continue, because they deserve every bit of their success. Mr. H hires Gordon, they discover Johnson, they hire Larson when his reputation is temporarily damaged and nobody else would hire him.

No luck involved, just smart decisions and the ability to recognize elite talent.
It’s F off though if you aren’t a Chevy fan.
In the real world, nobody really gave a f about what Larson said. They just had to wait for a little time to pass, appease the pearl clutchers... Too much potential money involved.

In the real world, nobody really gave a f about what Larson said. They just had to wait for a little time to pass. Too much potential money involved.

Kyle Larson is still unsponsored despite being, by a country mile, the best driver in NASCAR right now. Obviously people care.

CGR cars have never been top notch. JMO.

For the most part, I think you're right. But nobody is calling Sterling Marlin an elite driver, yet he was one of the guys to beat in the early Ganassi days. And until Larson and Busch, they didn't really have a top caliber driver. Montoya just couldn't get it done. McMurray didn't fare any better at Roush, and Casey Mears was actually better with Ganassi than Hendrick.

But I still think Kurt Busch is one of the best drivers in the sport, and it's not easy for him to win at Ganassi, so at this point I can agree they aren't top notch. Larson's success at HMS is proving that. But they are definitely better than a "mid pack" team IMO.

For the most part, I think you're right. But nobody is calling Sterling Marlin an elite driver, yet he was one of the guys to beat in the early Ganassi days. And until Larson and Busch, they didn't really have a top caliber driver. Montoya just couldn't get it done. McMurray didn't fare any better at Roush, and Casey Mears was actually better with Ganassi than Hendrick.

But I still think Kurt Busch is one of the best drivers in the sport, and it's not easy for him to win at Ganassi, so at this point I can agree they aren't top notch. Larson's success at HMS is proving that. But they are definitely better than a "mid pack" team IMO.
CGR is below top notch but above mid-pack. Kurt Busch is going to drive tf out of whatever you stick him in. Larson was always better than CGR, it’s obvious now.

Kyle Larson is still unsponsored despite being, by a country mile, the best driver in NASCAR right now. Obviously people care.
Yeah but HMS is well known for not underselling his sponsorships to devalue them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So for those who watched SRX last night which show did you prefer? ASR or SRX?

So for those who watched SRX last night which show did you prefer? ASR or SRX?

SRX, although I do have to critique SRX for throwing that caution just to bunch the field up again. That's something that shouldn't be in any form of motorsports.

This is why I would like to see Montoya in NASCAR with Penske. That guy took Ganassi's cars and contended for a championship with them.
I agree and was about to post similar when I saw this. I always thought we may be looking back at JPM as the modern Mario Andretti or even better had he been driving for a bigger team.

Haven't recovered? Who won the '20 title? How many titles have we won? Which team has the most wins in NASCAR history? What team is dominating this year?

Yes, "good times" indeed! :biggrin:
That's the truth.
As many championships as Chevy has won Nascar should create a hardship consolation championship for the highest finishing non Chevy team.
It could be called theJunior Championship Cup.

In the real world, nobody really gave a f about what Larson said. They just had to wait for a little time to pass, appease the pearl clutchers... Too much potential money involved.
The best thing that could have ever happened for Larson. I also wonder if he would be the same driver had it not happened and given him the year off to learn and mature and help him appreciate his position that much more. Not saying he didn't already, just that he definitely learned how easily he could lose it all.

The best thing that could have ever happened for Larson. I also wonder if he would be the same driver had it not happened and given him the year off to learn and mature and help him appreciate his position that much more. Not saying he didn't already, just that he definitely learned how easily he could lose it all.
Million bucks came from that I believe. I don't think he was taking it too seriously before he screwed up. That has happened to a few Nascar drivers over the years who found themselves kicked out of Nascar

Million bucks came from that I believe. I don't think he was taking it too seriously before he screwed up. That has happened to a few Nascar drivers over the years who found themselves kicked out of Nascar

And some drivers never wise up, like Jeremy Methfield. Methfield is still claiming that NASCAR had it out for him and faked the tests. He kind of glosses over the fact that police found meth in his home.

Montoya is one of the best drivers to ever live. He's over aggressive but man is he fast in everything he drives. I wish he got a top ride in NASCAR to see what he could've done.

Jamie McMurray outperformed him in the exact same equipment

Chase Elliott has singlehandedly carried HMS for the last 4 years and won a championship, is the most popular driver and arguably the most marketable, but Kyle Larson has managed to undo all of that in half a season and take the reigns. Oh and he did it when HMS was way behind the curve, not the class of the field.

What the hell am I reading in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom