Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

More like it. Okay, not for racing but for pulling my Toy Hauler, YES!

Dodge-Ram-3500.jpg

If you long for Nascar's days gone by, you might like the NASCAR Toyota series.

Rough tracks, un-safer barriers, minimal grandstands, and cars that look like they're from the late '80s.

Has that old-school feel.

If you long for Nascar's days gone by, you might like the NASCAR Toyota series.

Rough tracks, un-safer barriers, minimal grandstands, and cars that look like they're from the late '80s.

Has that old-school feel.

Nope.

Penske Racing is staying at two teams in both Cup and Nationwide; Roger has told Sam to look at his other offers.

Hornish is closing in on a championship in the Nationwide Series but his status for next season is up in the air. With Logano and defending champion Brad Keselowski locked into the two Penske Cup seats, there's no room at Penske in the top series for Hornish, who has made 93 career Nationwide starts for Penske and has run 130 Cup races for him since 2007.
Hornish is a three-time IndyCar champion and the 2006 Indianapolis 500 winner for Penske.
Penske said he's yet to make a decision on Hornish's future.
"There have been other teams that have contacted him," he said. "I just told him, `Hey, take a good look and see what's out there.' That's what we're doing right now."

Also on Penske's to-do list, keeping 19-year old Ryan Blaney in the organization. Blaney earned his first Nationwide Series victory Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway. He held off Austin Dillon and survived several late cautions to take the checkered flag.
Penske wanted Blaney to run in the Truck Series next year, along with some Nationwide races.
"He showed he's as good or better as anyone out there," Penske said.
Penske also ruled out any interest in Martin Truex Jr. or expanding his Cup team or Nationwide teams beyond two cars each.

Well as a Hornish fan that is no good. Hoping Truex stays at MWR and the 78 takes a look at Hornish.

If Hornish wins the NNS title the least Rodger could do is offer Sam a chance to defend his title. If Rodger wants to move Blaney up then stick him in the 22. Screw Kesolowski and Logano.

I've been saying this for years .NIGHT racing at Loudon looks like it might happen .Jerry Gappens confirmed it pre race..... Major announcement in a few weeks concerning.next years NIGHT race in July . Stay tuned .

Open Sprint Cup practice at Martinsville Speedway October 7-9 with Edwards, Biffle, Stenhouse, Harvick, Burton, Menard, Larson, Gilliland, KuBu

I'd think if it were open, everyone in the Chase would be there at the very least.

I've been saying this for years .NIGHT racing at Loudon looks like it might happen .Jerry Gappens confirmed it pre race..... Major announcement in a few weeks concerning.next years NIGHT race in July . Stay tuned .
I think he said it's not happening until 2015.

Open Sprint Cup practice at Martinsville Speedway October 7-9 with Edwards, Biffle, Stenhouse, Harvick, Burton, Menard, Larson, Gilliland, KuBu

I'd think if it were open, everyone in the Chase would be there at the very least.

I think they need it too. :D

Martinsville will be a Jimmie and Jeff show. :p

Matt will be happy it isn't the fall race moving to a night run. During his nascar Now interview he was wearing a heavy coat and still shivering like crazy. The poor guy started to look like he was in real pain standing outside and answering questions as the locals walked by in T-shirts and shorts.

Yeah, me too. Believe it or not I am already getting the RV ready for this race. Yesterday I made sure I was fully supplied with propane for the long weekend. That furnace tends to run a lot at night there with the cool nights in the Martinsville area, late October.

@bobpockrass
Valvoline will be associate sponsor for all Hendrick cars starting in 2014 & will be used in all Hendrick dealerships (bye-bye Quaker State)

Back
Top Bottom