Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

@Noble_Jim
#NASCAR VP Robin Pemberton tells @SiriusXMNASCAR the hope is to have Air Titan at all Cup events in 2014

They are talking about using the Air-Titan for 'track prep'. They have been taking it to all of the Chase tracks and using it before the cars hit the track simply for cleaning the surface. They are saying that it is causing the tires to wear more and work this new rubber into the surface. Just when you thought you had seen it all, work is already underway on Air Titan II System. They intend on having this new version at every single race next year.

Provided the tracks pony up the money to pay for it? :D

The fans were yelling for it at Chicago so it's their fault and THEY should pay for it - not Nascar as I doubt they can afford it.

Hopefully Nascar doesn't give into the fans on this one an only uses Air Titan at Daytona.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I opened a thread titled '4 in a row?' and the first post said 'this is a Joey thread if you don't like it don't scroll down', so I didn't.

I'd like to say that I appreciate the warning.

They are talking about using the Air-Titan for 'track prep'. They have been taking it to all of the Chase tracks and using it before the cars hit the track simply for cleaning the surface. They are saying that it is causing the tires to wear more and work this new rubber into the surface. Just when you thought you had seen it all, work is already underway on Air Titan II System. They intend on having this new version at every single race next year.

I'm just not buying that it's any better than jet dryers.

BVHNeCgCIAE8Da3.jpg:large

I'm just not buying that it's any better than jet dryers.
They used it during practice @ Daytona at the beginning of the year. It worked in one pass leaving the track dry behind it. That was pretty good compared to jet dryers. Not sure how wet the track actually was though. I guess we can find out should this thing ever be used on a Sunday.

From Jayski, I had to post this entire thing to make a point, Kenseth gets KyBu's Award? I'll bet that really pisses him off.

• Kyle Busch Voted Third Quarter Driver of the Year Award Winner: NASCAR's Kyle Busch has been voted the third quarter Driver of the Year by an elite panel of American broadcasters and journalists. Busch, one of the most prolific winners across NASCAR's three-top national series, easily out-tallied drivers across a broad spectrum of racing this summer in the period ending with his victory in the Sprint Cup race at Atlanta on September 2d. The 28-year-old Las Vegas native scored a total of six wins in those three divisions including: two in the Sprint Cup Series, three in the Nationwide Series and one in the Camping World Truck Series. In the voting Busch, who drives the #18 M&Ms/Interstate Battery Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing, had eight first-place ballots and totaled 124 points according to the Driver of the Year points system. Donny Schatz, the World of Outlaws sprint car driver, earned seven first-place votes and totaled 110 points. New Zealand's Scott Dixon, who drives the Target IndyCar for Chip Ganassi Racing, scored two first-place votes and totaled 89 points. Also from the IndyCar series, France's Sebastian Bourdais also received one first-place vote. A total of 18 drivers scored points in the first quarter voting. In quarterly voting, points are awarded on a declining 9, 6, 4,3,2,1 basis. Kenseth will receive a trophy and a Tissot wristwatch to be presented at a race weekend at to be determined.(DOTY)(9-27-2013)

Jayski is a KyBu hater......

Kyle Busch wins 3rd Quarter Driver of the Year
The Associated Press

Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 | 12:16 a.m.

Kyle Busch was voted third quarter Driver of the Year on Wednesday by a panel of American broadcasters and journalists.

The NASCAR driver scored a total of six wins _ two in the Sprint Cup Series, three in the Nationwide Series and one in the Camping World Truck Series _ during the voting period, to beat World of Outlaws driver Donny Schatz.

In the voting, Busch had eight first-place ballots and totaled 124 points. Schatz earned seven first-place votes and totaled 110 points.

IndyCar's Scott Dixon scored two first-place votes and totaled 89 points, and IndyCar's Sebastian Bourdais received one first-place vote.

"We've had a great year so far in all three series. The guys at both Joe Gibbs Racing and Kyle Busch Motorsports have given me great cars to drive, and we've been able to bring home some great wins because of it," Busch said.

A total of 18 drivers scored points in the first quarter voting.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/sep/27/car-blog-driver-of-the-year/

In its' 47th year, the Driver of the Year title is unique. The panel of 18 leading journalists and broadcasters from across the U.S. determines the winner. Four panelists didn't vote this time. In quarterly voting, points are awarded on a declining 9, 6, 4,3,2,1 basis.

Busch will receive a trophy and a Tissot wristwatch to be presented at a race weekend at to be determined.

"Kyle Busch is a truly a favorite in any series he chooses to race. I've watched him for his entire career and it's hard to believe that he's only 28 years-old," said Driver of the Year President Barry Schmoyer.

Watch out. Kenseth has now figured out how to manipulate the Chase to his advantage. It appears that Jimmie/Chad's secret is out of the bag.

Kenseth on winning Chase: "The only magic formula … is 2 have more points than the people you're racing against.'

Damn, who would have though it was that simple? Maybe we can now add Kenseth's name on the list under Jimmie/Chad's of the drivers that have figured out how to win the title?

From Jayski, I had to post this entire thing to make a point, Kenseth gets KyBu's Award? I'll bet that really pisses him off.

• Kyle Busch Voted Third Quarter Driver of the Year Award Winner: NASCAR's Kyle Busch has been voted the third quarter Driver of the Year by an elite panel of American broadcasters and journalists. Busch, one of the most prolific winners across NASCAR's three-top national series, easily out-tallied drivers across a broad spectrum of racing this summer in the period ending with his victory in the Sprint Cup race at Atlanta on September 2d. The 28-year-old Las Vegas native scored a total of six wins in those three divisions including: two in the Sprint Cup Series, three in the Nationwide Series and one in the Camping World Truck Series. In the voting Busch, who drives the #18 M&Ms/Interstate Battery Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing, had eight first-place ballots and totaled 124 points according to the Driver of the Year points system. Donny Schatz, the World of Outlaws sprint car driver, earned seven first-place votes and totaled 110 points. New Zealand's Scott Dixon, who drives the Target IndyCar for Chip Ganassi Racing, scored two first-place votes and totaled 89 points. Also from the IndyCar series, France's Sebastian Bourdais also received one first-place vote. A total of 18 drivers scored points in the first quarter voting. In quarterly voting, points are awarded on a declining 9, 6, 4,3,2,1 basis. Kenseth will receive a trophy and a Tissot wristwatch to be presented at a race weekend at to be determined.(DOTY)(9-27-2013)
I posted this because I thought it was cool, not to turn our favorite catchall thread into a Busch bashing thread, So I am going to start a separate thread for it.

Cup Manufacturer points:

1) Toyota - 188, 13 wins
2) Chevy - 188, 10 wins
3) Ford - 149, 5 wins

The last time Chevy didn't win the Manufacturer Championship was in 2002 when Ford won.

Cup Manufacturer points:

1) Toyota - 188, 13 wins
2) Chevy - 188, 10 wins
3) Ford - 149, 5 wins

The last time Chevy didn't win the Manufacturer Championship was in 2002 when Ford won.
If you would alphabetize properly, Chevy would be at the top of the list at 188 points in a tie with the import maker, and the season isn't over.;):lurk:

from jayski.....

Stewart starts rehab on leg:
Tony Stewart began a very long rehab assignment this week. Stewart who broke his tibia and fibula Aug. 5 in a sprint car race at Iowa, had surgery following the wreck and a second surgery Aug. 8 to insert a metal rod into his tibia. Stewart will work with a therapist three times a week  Monday, Wednesday and Thursday  until he says Im done. He said he wont push things too fast, thus jeopardizing the task at hand: a full recovery at the end of an expected four months of rehab. Though Stewart says he feels better, he still has both good and bad days. There are days you cant sleep because you just cant get comfortable, Stewart said. Then there are days when you feel like its a hall of fame day all of a sudden. Its just weird because you cant predict when those days are going to happen. Though there had been speculation Stewart could be back in a race car for testing in December, thats out of the question for now. No, Stewart said emphatically. Not until probably the end of January to get back in a race car  maybe February, for sure. The last two weeks at New Hampshire and Dover, each one-mile tracks, Stewart scrapped his power scooter in favor of crutches in order to make getting around a little easier.

from jayski.....

New Ford nose approved: NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said that a new nose on the Ford Fusion was approved for next season. "They needed a grille update for next year," Pemberton said. "The (wind-tunnel) results looked to be favorable. & It doesnt do anything aero-wise but it just helps with the debris. It was inset more than the others. More times than not it was harder for them to get the debris off the grille than the other makes."

Car that both Vickers and Kenseth will driver at the upcoming race @ Charlotte.

BVf_oYVCQAAxKyU.jpg:large

Even the safer barrier foam will be pink.

812375393.jpg

BVgAjf7CAAExt5j.jpg:large

BVgAlpPIUAEyY1Q.jpg:large

@dustinlong
#NASCAR ... Hermit Sadler said he signed a contract extension with Fox Sports 1 last week. He's been there 8 years.

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A North Carolina court says it will not revive a lawsuit from one of the country's largest auto racing track operators which says local officials reneged on millions of dollars in tax breaks for a new drag strip.
A three-judge state Court of Appeals panel ruled Tuesday against Speedway Motorsports Inc. and Charlotte Motor Speedway, which sued Cabarrus County.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/9753270/nc-court-dumps-speedway-motorsports-lawsuit-deal

Back
Top Bottom