Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

@bobpockrass
Valvoline will be associate sponsor for all Hendrick cars starting in 2014 & will be used in all Hendrick dealerships (bye-bye Quaker State)

Hmmm....Valvoline vs Mobile 1. This could be the beginning of the end for the HMS / SHR marriage. ;)

Yeah, me too. Believe it or not I am already getting the RV ready for this race. Yesterday I made sure I was fully supplied with propane for the long weekend. That furnace tends to run a lot at night there with the cool nights in the Martinsville area, late October.
Of course I believe it. Plan ahead is my motto. :D

Yeah, me too. Believe it or not I am already getting the RV ready for this race. Yesterday I made sure I was fully supplied with propane for the long weekend. That furnace tends to run a lot at night there with the cool nights in the Martinsville area, late October.
I believe it, you probably have the Fiver hooked to the truck already. :D

any word ?
I haven't seen anything yet but they normally do that as a late afternoon thing. I know people want to see surprises in this schedule but I don't know if that will end up being the case. I'd bet 2015 and the start of the new television agreement will bring about big changes. I'd bet that is the season that we finally have a road course in the Chase.

Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass
Jimmy John's to primary sponsor 12 Cup races for Harvick next year.

nascarcasm@nascarcasm
Between Outback, Budweiser and now Jimmy John's, sounds like Harvick will be well funded in next year. And 400 pounds.

New Hampshire TV Ratings: Ratings and viewership for the live telecast of the Sylvania 300 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 22, on ESPN grew from last year, according to Nielsen Media. The telecast of the second race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup earned a 2.4 U.S. household rating, averaging 3,705,759 viewers, up from last year's 2.2 rating and 3,516,958 average viewership.
Greenville, S.C., led all metered markets across the country with a 7.2 rating, followed by Greensboro, N.C., with 6.6, Norfolk, Va., with 6.2, Knoxville, Tenn., with 5.8 and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., with 5.3. The rest of the top 10 markets were Fort Myers, Fla., and Nashville, Tenn., (tied at 5.1), Charlotte, N.C., (4.9), Orlando, Fla., (4.8) and Tulsa, Okla., (4.6).

Here's to hoping it's Logano they're sponsoring:

As Flowers reintroduces the Wonder, Home Pride, Merita and Butternut brands, the company plans to connect with consumers in a variety of ways, including social media and traditional media, Mr. Shiver said.

“Our regional white bread brands will have publicity and local support as they are reintroduced in the markets where they have had strong sales,” he said.

For example, Mr. Shiver said Flowers plans to tie the relaunch of Wonder to a Nascar event. In addition to having a car compete in the races, Flowers plans to use creative marketing to connect the Wonder brand to Nascar fans, Mr. Shiver said.

http://www.foodbusinessnews.net/art...aspx?ID={96895C38-A81A-4000-95C3-6AEC7E3EC7B3}

Hollywood producer Neal Edelstein, whose films have included dramas ("Mulholland Drive"), mysteries ("The Ring") and horror movies ("Haunting Melissa"). Edelstein wants to make a movie centered on a NASCAR driver, an idea pitched to him by NASCAR Vice President Zane Stoddard. And they're meeting to discuss how Universal Pictures, which agreed to finance the movie's early development, views the initial script. Why a NASCAR-related film? There's been an "explosion of action sports in this country," Edelstein says during a break. "Well, the original action sport is NASCAR. It has great texture for movies." The film is one of several projects being pursued by Stoddard and his nine-person NASCAR Entertainment Marketing staff to infiltrate pop culture with everything NASCAR in order to boost stock-car racing's sagging popularity. They also arrange driver cameos on television shows, develop new NASCAR-themed programs for TV and online outlets and bring celebrities to NASCAR races. NASCAR Entertainment's strategy is part of a five-year plan NASCAR announced in 2011 to grow the sport. "When we get to the end of that five years," Stoddard said, "we will have a very clear measurement of where we are."(in part from the Los Angeles Times)(9-25-2013)

Smoke, out @ some charity event last night. That boys losing some serious weight but his diet plan really sucks.

BU-MozRCMAAuj5h.jpg:large

He has lost a lot of weight. I hope he's healthy.
Listening to his news conference from a couple weeks back it sounds as though they have him on a very tight diet. He had also said back then that they were getting ready to start him on a workout routine that would get him in shape. Looks like they are following through on that plan.

He has lost a lot of weight. I hope he's healthy.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the injury put the thought in his head to be healthier? Also I am sure as soon as his head cleared of the injury and realized there was no chance for the chase for him this year all the pressure just went bye bye. I know I like the eat when the pressure is on. lol.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the injury put the thought in his head to be healthier? Also I am sure as soon as his head cleared of the injury and realized there was no chance for the chase for him this year all the pressure just went bye bye. I know I like the eat when the pressure is on. lol.
He originally said he was losing weight because he couldn't get to the refrigerator.

Quicken Loans sticking with Newman for 12 races at RCR next year:

WELCOME, N.C. -- Quicken Loans will follow Ryan Newman to Richard Childress Racing as primary sponsor for 12 races next season.
Quicken Loans currently sponsors Newman for 18 races at Stewart-Haas Racing.
The online home lender will be an associate sponsor on Newman's car at RCR when it is not adorning the hood. Quicken Loans is also the title sponsor of the Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway, and an associate sponsor of Team Penske IndyCar drivers Helio Castroneves and Will Power.
Quicken Loans president Jay Farner praised Newman for carrying himself with integrity in tough situations. When told he was being let go from SHR, he won the Brickyard 400 a few weeks later.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9721545/quicken-loans-moving-rcr-ryan-newman

Jayski:

PIR to make major announcement on Oct 1st: Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan R. Sperber will make a major announcement regarding the track's history and its future at a media event Tuesday, Oct.1 at The Ritz-Carlton. The event will begin with a reception followed by the announcement at 1:00pm/pt. Sperber will be joined by a number of dignitaries from local and state government as well as the motor sports industry. Arizona Governor Jan Brewer and 1983 Indianapolis 500 winner Tom Sneva are among the special guests expected to participate.

Jayski:

PIR to make major announcement on Oct 1st: Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan R. Sperber will make a major announcement regarding the track's history and its future at a media event Tuesday, Oct.1 at The Ritz-Carlton. The event will begin with a reception followed by the announcement at 1:00pm/pt. Sperber will be joined by a number of dignitaries from local and state government as well as the motor sports industry. Arizona Governor Jan Brewer and 1983 Indianapolis 500 winner Tom Sneva are among the special guests expected to participate.

Sneva? Open wheel returning to Phoenix.

Back
Top Bottom