Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Junior will get a new crew chief next year and he doesn't want to have any input as to who is hired...?????
That sounds ridiculous to me when the relationship between the two is so important.

• Dale Jr. staying out of crew chief hunt: The only certainty about Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s next crew chief after Steve Letarte? He won't be chosen by the driver. "I won't make any suggestions at all," Earnhardt said in putting the decision in the hands of Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick and general manager Doug Duchardt. "I don't really want to have any influence on the choice. It was Rick and upper management that decided to put me with Steve. I didn't know how that was going to work out, but I just wanted to trust their judgment, and that's what I'm going to do."(USA Today)(2-4-2014)
that is a great way to not be held responsible for what happens...Got to keep the PR going..crew chiefs fault he has only won one race in 5 years.

Yeah I'll probably get stoned for saying that, but very few sons of the racing father do very well. Be interesting to see if this new crop does any better. Blaney, Elliott, Burton, Nemechec

that is a great way to not be held responsible for what happens...Got to keep the PR going..crew chiefs fault he has only won one race in 5 years.
True. Also he gets paid to drive the car - that's it. Choosing a crew chief is prob above his pay grade

Really...why wouldn't he get involved? Maybe they should get his sister to be CC, or at the very least make the decision for him.

@nascarcasm

If you compete in luge, you are called a "slider." If you're @AustinDillon3 and win race, you are not.

BgCbtzgCUAA0_bK.jpg:large

Jimmie Johnson, Speedweeks pacesetter on, off Daytona track

BgCcaC0CEAAka-d.jpg:large

Chances are, you only see Jimmie Johnson on the weekends when he's wearing a fireproof suit and grabbing a steering wheel.

A good portion of the rest of his week, it seems, is spent wearing sweaty workout clothes. The payoff comes when he competes in events such as the Feb. 16 Daytona Beach Half Marathon, which begins and ends at Daytona International Speedway.

Below, the six-time Sprint Cup Series champ tells us how he trains and why he does it.

Story here.

Jimmie Johnson, Speedweeks pacesetter on, off Daytona track

BgCcaC0CEAAka-d.jpg:large

Chances are, you only see Jimmie Johnson on the weekends when he's wearing a fireproof suit and grabbing a steering wheel.

A good portion of the rest of his week, it seems, is spent wearing sweaty workout clothes. The payoff comes when he competes in events such as the Feb. 16 Daytona Beach Half Marathon, which begins and ends at Daytona International Speedway.

Below, the six-time Sprint Cup Series champ tells us how he trains and why he does it.

Story here.
The apron there has surprising amount of camber. It feels awkward to run on in the turns.

Media Day specials on Thursday from 12-3 PM E on ESPNews and 4-6 PM E on FS1.

NBCSN also has four episodes of "NASCAR's The List" on Thursday running consecutively from 9-11 PM E. Episodes included are Greatest Finishes, Legendary Drivers, Greatest Races, and Rivalries.

Anyone know if Unlimited practice will be telivised ???? I have direct-tv and havent been able to find anything yet

Another Speedweeks Schedule with online links.....
FRIDAY, FEB. 14:

ON TRACK-- 5 p.m.-5:45 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Sprint Unlimited practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 6:30-7:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final Sprint Unlimited practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)

SATURDAY, FEB. 15:

ON TRACK-- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 1:30-3:20 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 8 p.m. ET, The Sprint Unlimited (75 laps, 187.5 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)

SUNDAY, FEB. 16:

ON TRACK-- 1:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole qualifying, FOX (Follow Live)

TUESDAY, FEB. 18:

ON TRACK-- 10:30-11:30 a.m. ET, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East practice
-- 11:35 a.m.-12:35 p.m. ET, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour practice
-- 12:45-1:45 p.m. ET, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East final practice
-- 1:45-2:45 p.m. ET, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour final practice
-- 4 p.m. ET, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East qualifying
-- 4:45 p.m. ET, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour qualifying
-- 7 p.m. ET, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Battle At The Beach (150 laps, 55.5 miles), FOX Sports 2
-- 8:45 p.m. ET, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Battle At The Beach (150 laps, 55.5 miles), FOX Sports 2

WEDNESDAY, FEB. 19:

ON TRACK-- 2:30-3:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 4-5:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 6:30-8 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)

THURSDAY, FEB. 20:

ON TRACK-- Noon-1:20 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 1:30-2:50 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 3-4:20 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 4:40-6 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 7 p.m. ET, Budweiser Duels (60 laps, 150 miles each race), FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
FRIDAY, FEB. 21:

ON TRACK-- 11:30 a.m.-12:55 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 1:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow Live)
-- 2:30-3:55 p.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 4:05 p.m. ET, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 7:30 p.m. ET, NextEra Energy Resources 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
SATURDAY, FEB. 22:

ON TRACK-- 10-11:30 a.m. ET, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 1:15 p.m. ET, DRIVE4COPD 300 (120 laps, 300 miles), ESPN (Follow Live)
SUNDAY, FEB. 23:

ON TRACK-- 1 p.m. ET, Daytona 500 (200 laps, 500 miles), FOX (Follow Live)

Back
Top Bottom