Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BkOypbMCIAEQnOQ.jpg:large

Now let's go to the cutaway car.....

Pic of a chassis chain that they were talking about having to cut either last week or the week before during the race.

BkOl5czCYAAfwiW.jpg:large

Now let's go to the cutaway car.....

Pic of a chassis chain that they were talking about having to cut either last week or the week before during the race.

BkOl5czCYAAfwiW.jpg:large
I guess the plastic sleeve will prevent link-lock, but I wonder why they don't use steel cable to lift the rear.

Plus steel cable is only as strong as the ferrule coupler at the end, which is generally crimped. Just a guess.

OK, if you want to get technical....

I would used pre-coil steel cable, that has been pre-stretched to 3 tons, with welded eyelets at each end.

Then again, I'm the guy who thinks that replacing the rear window with spring loaded louvers will greatly alleviate aero-push while mitigating the chance of a car going backwards ever leaving the racing surface. :D

OK, if you want to get technical....

I would used pre-coil steel cable, that has been pre-stretched to 3 tons, with welded eyelets at each end.

Then again, I'm the guy who thinks that replacing the rear window with spring loaded louvers will greatly alleviate aero-push while mitigating the chance of a car going backwards ever leaving the racing surface. :D
I was wondering when your rearwindowitis would strike again, It's been awhile.

So I'm thinking about getting three Pit Passes for my dad, brother and myself for the Sprint All Star weekend and was wondering if it's worth it. I mean do we actually get to meet drivers or crew chiefs, or is it just walking around in a designated lane and looking at the equipment and cars?

So I'm thinking about getting three Pit Passes for my dad, brother and myself for the Sprint All Star weekend and was wondering if it's worth it. I mean do we actually get to meet drivers or crew chiefs, or is it just walking around in a designated lane and looking at the equipment and cars?
Get even closer to the action with an All Star Race pre-race pit pass! Your pre-race pit pass is now good for both the NC Education Lottery 200, Camping World Truck Series race on Friday, May 16 and the NASCAR Sprint All Star Race on Saturday, May 17. Join us in the pit area with this limited-access pass and enjoy meeting the personalities of NASCAR, take pictures of race cars, and see behind-the-scenes action before we go green!

NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race pit passes now include access to pit road and limited areas in the infield (see map below) for the following days and times (fans must also have an event ticket for each day they wish to attend):

Friday, May 16

TBD

Saturday, May 17

TBD

Pit%20Pass%20Info%20Stuffer%207x7%20v2%20ASR_CC600.jpg

I just got pit passes for the first time in Fontana. It was cool, I guess. I've never been that close to a war wagon or a legitimate Cup car sitting still. They didn't let us get within 30 feet of the cars, it was like all the fans were in a lane, on top of each other. Didn't see one driver but I left the tri-oval over an hour before opening ceremonies so I probably missed some stuff. It was worth the $35... I won't get another race day pit pass at Auto Club Speedway atleast I don't think.

Judging by FL's post though, and knowing how nascar feels about the fans during May in Charlotte, that might just be the venue to purchase them. I went to that race once and it was presented like it was a gift to the fans. Not nearly long enough though.

I really don't know how all these fans get the real access to the drivers and teams... @BobbyFord ?

Last edited:
Get even closer to the action with an All Star Race pre-race pit pass! Your pre-race pit pass is now good for both the NC Education Lottery 200, Camping World Truck Series race on Friday, May 16 and the NASCAR Sprint All Star Race on Saturday, May 17. Join us in the pit area with this limited-access pass and enjoy meeting the personalities of NASCAR, take pictures of race cars, and see behind-the-scenes action before we go green!

NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race pit passes now include access to pit road and limited areas in the infield (see map below) for the following days and times (fans must also have an event ticket for each day they wish to attend):

Friday, May 16

TBD

Saturday, May 17

TBD

Pit%20Pass%20Info%20Stuffer%207x7%20v2%20ASR_CC600.jpg

That's wayy better access than they gave us at Fontana... We went thru the tunnel, behind the suites, and out onto pit road and the tri-oval. That's it.

I want a phuckin hard card.

I just got pit passes for the first time in Fontana. It was cool, I guess. I've never been that close to a war wagon or a legitimate Cup car sitting still. They didn't let us get within 30 feet of the cars, it was like all the fans were in a lane, on top of each other. Didn't see one driver but I left the tri-oval over an hour before opening ceremonies so I probably missed some stuff. It was worth the $35... I won't get another race day pit pass at Auto Club Speedway atleast I don't think.

Judging by FL's post though, and knowing how nascar feels about the fans during May in Charlotte, that might just be the venue to purchase them. I went to that race once and it was presented like it was a gift to the fans. Not nearly long enough though.

I really don't know how all these fans get the real access to the drivers and teams... @BobbyFord ?
Hotpass.
Mo' money.

I don't recall, I'd have to check. Garage access.

I've always understood to get in the garage you need to be a media member of a hard card holder.

Mooresville lied to me. Typical. They hate the west coast.

I've always understood to get in the garage you need to be a media member of a hard card holder.

Mooresville lied to me. Typical. They hate the west coast.
I just checked the website. ACS doesn't sell the tickets, NASCAR controls the garage area. I didn't know that, I've never paid for one.
Pretty sure you can buy a hot pass at Vegas.

I just checked the website. ACS doesn't sell the tickets, NASCAR controls the garage area. I didn't know that, I've never paid for one.
Pretty sure you can buy a hot pass at Vegas.

Good to know. Also, while living there I had a couple different opportunities.. Always fell thru...

Good to know. Also, while living there I had a couple different opportunities.. Always fell thru...
I emailed my buddy to see how he gets them. He will prolly reply tomorrow though, he's already left work. I'll let you know.
I know that he doesn't know anyone on a team, but a team member can get you in. My ex's uncle used to own a Truck Series team.

I emailed my buddy to see how he gets them. He will prolly reply tomorrow though, he's already left work. I'll let you know.
I know that he doesn't know anyone on a team, but a team member can get you in. My ex's uncle used to own a Truck Series team.

Based out of SoCal?

I asked a guy and his wife at Daytona how they got their hot passes and they told me it was given to them by their daughter who works for nascar. Then they told me that they cost a couple thousand dollars to buy. I don't know.
I always get the track passes when I go and you never see drivers. Well, I mean, sometimes on a stage during an interview but not one on one.
You usually get to see the cars inspected and can stand in the pits near the toolboxes and stuff.
I've never had a pit pass so i have no idea about that.

On a side note, the couple in daytona told me that they always have hot passes wherever they go and their favorite driver is Biffle. They said he was super nice and friendly and always good to kids. They also said kyle busch was the biggest jerk every single time and would walk by and pretend he didn't see the fans. Take that for what it's worth. Just what they said.

I've seen one NASCAR race shop on the whole west coast, A K&N shop in Parker, AZ. Super random but bitchin locale. Right on the river. I know a west series team would be on the west coast. But at the river?!

Anyway, I was just curious when, a Truck operation would be amazingly rare here.

I asked a guy and his wife at Daytona how they got their hot passes and they told me it was given to them by their daughter who works for nascar. Then they told me that they cost a couple thousand dollars to buy. I don't know.
I always get the track passes when I go and you never see drivers. Well, I mean, sometimes on a stage during an interview but not one on one.
You usually get to see the cars inspected and can stand in the pits near the toolboxes and stuff.
I've never had a pit pass so i have no idea about that.

On a side note, the couple in daytona told me that they always have hot passes wherever they go and their favorite driver is Biffle. They said he was super nice and friendly and always good to kids. They also said kyle busch was the biggest jerk every single time and would walk by and pretend he didn't see the fans. Take that for what it's worth. Just what they said.

I imagine Daytona passes would be more expensive but damn!!! 2 grand? No thanks.

I imagine Daytona passes would be more expensive but damn!!! 2 grand? No thanks.
Maybe they were full of **** but they acted as if all hot passes were that high. I honestly don't know. I did research after I talked to them but never found any way to buy. It always seemed you had to work for press or nascar or be a family member of a driver etc.

I'd like to get one once, though. It'd be cool to go through the garage and see the stuff going on.

I'm almost sure that sponsor companies get a certain amount for their executive employees. I'm pretty sure that's how my buddy gets them.

I'm almost sure that sponsor companies get a certain amount for their executive employees. I'm pretty sure that's how my buddy gets them.

That would make tons of sense. Like box tickets to a Laker game. One does not just purchase those seats.

Maybe they were full of **** but they acted as if all hot passes were that high. I honestly don't know. I did research after I talked to them but never found any way to buy. It always seemed you had to work for press or nascar or be a family member of a driver etc.

I'd like to get one once, though. It'd be cool to go through the garage and see the stuff going on.

I can believe they would be that high. Everything super rad in this world seems to cost **** tonnes of money.

Back
Top Bottom