Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

You're correct. I remember now. They actually showed the speech Bush gave declaring the attack & the crowd went absolutely nuts. We must have shouted "USA USA USA" for a solid 5 minutes

For some reason I thought the race started late because of Bush's speech, but I didn't want to say it without knowing it for fact. Must have been quite an atmosphere at the track that day.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/sha...e-introduced-as-newest-miss-sprint-cup-051614

http://www.google.com/search?q=juli...WOMGPqgb0wYJw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=360&bih=615

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliannaRWhite

051614_NASCAR_SnB_MissSprintCup2_PI_JP.vadapt.320.low.79.jpeg
440px-Julianna_White_NJ.jpeg

You know, here's something I always wondered. What did Jimmie Johnson do to get noticed by Jeff Gordon? I mean from all accounts, he hadn't had much success in Nationwide. I mean he wasn't a back marker, but he wasn't exactly burning up the track either. Also, how the Hel did Jeff Gordon get Richard Hendrick to take a gamble on Mr. Johnson?

You know, here's something I always wondered. What did Jimmie Johnson do to get noticed by Jeff Gordon? I mean from all accounts, he hadn't had much success in Nationwide. I mean he wasn't a back marker, but he wasn't exactly burning up the track either. Also, how the Hel did Jeff Gordon get Richard Hendrick to take a gamble on Mr. Johnson?

The story I understand: Jimmie approached Jeff with a lot of class asking for advice, I've heard from some it was first at a test somewhere... Jimmie impressed and was then on the radar.. Around the same time Jeff and Rick were talking about partnering up on a team, they found Lowe's, Jeff picked Jimmie to drive, and the rest is history.

While Johnson didn't exactly set the Busch Series on fire, I'd imagine that Gordon knows real talent when he sees it and also that Hendrick trusts what he says.

Kligerman headed to Indy to search for IndyCar ride: Parker Kligerman, who filled-in Kurt Busch in the #41 Chevy on Friday for Sprint All-Star race practice, is headed to Indianapolis on Sunday. "I'm going to be meeting with some people," Kligerman said Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "That will be fun. ... We'll see (about my future)." The 23-year-old Kligerman, who started the year driving for Swan Racing before it discontinued operations last month, will be on standby for Stewart-Haas Racing's Kurt Busch at Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600, although Busch should be at all practices and qualifying sessions. Kligerman will have to drive the car in practice to have a few laps in case Busch doesn't get from the Indianapolis 500 to Charlotte in time as he attempts both big races on the same day. "I'm just very grateful and honored to have the opportunity and for someone like Kurt, a champion in our sport, to give me that call and have the belief in me and do this for him," Kligerman said. After these two weeks, Kligerman said he wants the best opportunity. He had planned to be in Indianapolis all this weekend until the call two weeks ago to be on standby for Busch. "It's all in the working stage, building stage and some of that is going out to Indy meeting some of those people and those sorts of things going on," Kligerman said about his future. "My sole focus right now is when an opportunity comes it's the right opportunity. ... I've got time on my side. I feel like making sure the opportunity is the right one, it's the one I want to do, it's one I am enthused about and hopefully that can forward my career and I can do good job in."(Sporting News)(5-18-2014)

Kasey, going after that Kleenex sponsorship...

Kahne Frustrated With NASCAR over wreck: #5-Kasey Kahne watched $1 million slide away in Saturday night's Sprint All-Star race when he said a patch of oil sent him into the wall. Kahne won two of the first three 20-lap segments before pancaking the wall and ruining his chances for the win in the fourth segment. Instead, he finished 14th, while Jamie McMurray won the race. "NASCAR just didn't clean the track,'' Kahne said in the garage after the race. "They cleaned it after that session. (Ryan) Newman hit it harder than I did. I hit it right behind him. We're trying to race. These short runs, you've got to go, go, go and the track is not capable. I don't mean to point too many fingers. That's not our deal, that's their deal.'' Kahne said the oil came from the incident with Jeff Gordon, Martin Truex Jr. and Greg Biffle earlier in the fourth segment. "They put speedy dry down and they didn't clean it off and you could also see the oil through the speedy dry,'' said Kahne, who led 20 of the race's 90 laps. "When we got up there, we're all racing two or three-wide. That's where I ended up and Newman and we shot into the wall like we hit ice. They cleaned it after the fact.''
NASCAR issued a statement in response to Kahne's comments, stating: "The caution came out and the track had oil and debris on the surface in Turn 4 onto pit road. Oil was covered up by two clean up trucks and broomed in by the same. Vacuumed up and then blown by jets. Competitors drove past the area in question twice at reduced speed under caution. No drivers or crew chiefs passed along any reservations of the restorations. NASCAR Officials in the pace car confirmed the track was ready. The race was restarted.''(Motor Racing Network)(5-18-2014)
Bet Kahne has a speeding penalty in the 600

The story I understand: Jimmie approached Jeff with a lot of class asking for advice, I've heard from some it was first at a test somewhere... Jimmie impressed and was then on the radar.. Around the same time Jeff and Rick were talking about partnering up on a team, they found Lowe's, Jeff picked Jimmie to drive, and the rest is history.

It probably helped Hendrick when Gordon said he'd pay for half of Johnson's team.

So I upgraded from the iPhone 4S to the 5S a few weeks ago. Smooth as hell & I love it. I click a nascar.com link & it froze & kicked me out of Safari. :rolleyes:

probably be busy getting rid of the dirty mo posse. he's got the acreage to keep em outta sight.

Kasey, going after that Kleenex sponsorship...

Kahne Frustrated With NASCAR over wreck: #5-Kasey Kahne watched $1 million slide away in Saturday night's Sprint All-Star race when he said a patch of oil sent him into the wall. Kahne won two of the first three 20-lap segments before pancaking the wall and ruining his chances for the win in the fourth segment. Instead, he finished 14th, while Jamie McMurray won the race. "NASCAR just didn't clean the track,'' Kahne said in the garage after the race. "They cleaned it after that session. (Ryan) Newman hit it harder than I did. I hit it right behind him. We're trying to race. These short runs, you've got to go, go, go and the track is not capable. I don't mean to point too many fingers. That's not our deal, that's their deal.'' Kahne said the oil came from the incident with Jeff Gordon, Martin Truex Jr. and Greg Biffle earlier in the fourth segment. "They put speedy dry down and they didn't clean it off and you could also see the oil through the speedy dry,'' said Kahne, who led 20 of the race's 90 laps. "When we got up there, we're all racing two or three-wide. That's where I ended up and Newman and we shot into the wall like we hit ice. They cleaned it after the fact.''
NASCAR issued a statement in response to Kahne's comments, stating: "The caution came out and the track had oil and debris on the surface in Turn 4 onto pit road. Oil was covered up by two clean up trucks and broomed in by the same. Vacuumed up and then blown by jets. Competitors drove past the area in question twice at reduced speed under caution. No drivers or crew chiefs passed along any reservations of the restorations. NASCAR Officials in the pace car confirmed the track was ready. The race was restarted.''(Motor Racing Network)(5-18-2014)

Kahne is feeling the pressure and knows he needs to have a big year to keep his job secure, but it isn't happening so far.

he got tons of old footage i bet from when he was doing that show "back in the day"

Back
Top Bottom