Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Chase and Senior. Saw this today
ChaseElliottDale.jpg

They still the the world is flat over here. looks like they had a good time over there, it was a short track so the speeds weren't crazy, looked like the rain tires were doing a good job though.

Agreed, Stand. I dont imagine we will see rain tires at 'tona or 'dega, but the 1.5 milers and road courses would be cool.

They still the the world is flat over here. looks like they had a good time over there, it was a short track so the speeds weren't crazy, looked like the rain tires were doing a good job though.

Yep. Big speeds = big spray, especially with a 43 car field.

Legitimate question borne of ignorance: What do they do if it rains during the Rolex 24 at Daytona? I know it's not entirely on the oval, but it's certainly high speed with a big field.

They race?

Legitimate question borne of ignorance: What do they do if it rains during the Rolex 24 at Daytona? I know it's not entirely on the oval, but it's certainly high speed with a big field.
I'm with you on the larger tracks..for now anyway, I believe it can be done, but the fossils that are running things, a huge step would be on tracks less then 1.5 to start out. I have seen some of the best racing there is on a wet track

I'm with you on the larger tracks..for now anyway, I believe it can be done, but the fossils that are running things, a huge step would be on tracks less then 1.5 to start out. I have seen some of the best racing there is on a wet track
you know what gets my goat..after hours of drying the freakin track, drivers are pointing out little weepers...waaaaaa there is a wet spot. gees, save the dryers, put your whiney a$$ on some wets and get after it.

They race?
They also often run caution laps in the rain for lengthy periods.

There's nothing good that would come of watching a Cup race in the rain. It's been done in Nationwide and it sucked. The racing sucked and it sucked for those in attendance. These cars are not designed for that type of racing. They in no way, shape or for are comparable to cars running during the Rolex 24 Hours @ Daytona that are designed to be able to do so.

Depends on how heavy it is. If it's really pouring they'll run under caution. If it's just wet or light/moderate rain they race.

They also often run caution laps in the rain for lengthy periods.

There's nothing good that would come of watching a Cup race in the rain. It's been done in Nationwide and it sucked. The racing sucked and it sucked for those in attendance. These cars are not designed for that type of racing. They in no way, shape or for are comparable to cars running during the Rolex 24 Hours @ Daytona that are designed to be able to do so.

uh duh, design the for it then, passenger cars can, other cars can including the super techno F-1's. So you are saying the engineers running Nascar can't make a car that can run in the rain, and I guess they don't make rain tires either, and fans don't bring rain wear to the track? And you watch only enclosed stadium football games

Anyone who thinks that these cars can run at these speeds on these tracks in the rain is off their rocker. We should be more focused on a possible roof, or atleast, a bigass tarp.

Anyone who thinks that these cars can run at these speeds on these tracks in the rain is off their rocker. We should be more focused on a possible roof, or atleast, a bigass tarp.

do you slow down when it rains..I forgot..it never rains in California..somebody needs to write a song about that.

@PPistone

Good news - Indy Nationwide race has Eli Lilly as multi-year sponsor; bad news - any hope for return to @LucasOilRaceway pretty much done

Back
Top Bottom