Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Hell, he didn't do anything to be ashamed of. His strategy just didn't work out. You'd have to be nervous as hell riding midpack at a plate race.
Wasn't his intent to move forward asap, and just wasn't able to make it happen?
Guess he just shoulda kept his trap shut and nobody would've thought another thing about it.

In other words "I was locked into the chase so why should I even try to get a good finish and take the chance of wrecking, so I just rode out the race in the back of the pack."

Sombich cost me bigtime in the nascar game I'm playing. :cool:

How in the hell do you come to that conclusion? How about "I got a concussion at Talladega in 2012 that took me out of championship contention". That has to be in the back of his mind.

FYI, the K&N Series race which was run at Sonoma is being aired on Speed at the top of the hour.

How in the hell do you come to that conclusion? How about "I got a concussion at Talladega in 2012 that took me out of championship contention". That has to be in the back of his mind.

I read between the lines.
I know, drivers are trying harder to win these days. lol

Just a question-
If the cars went to the supposed plates everywhere next season, would every race end up looking like a Daytona or Talladega with pack racing?

Just a question-
If the cars went to the supposed plates everywhere next season, would every race end up looking like a Daytona or Talladega with pack racing?
The trucks and Nwide have HP restrictions, so unless they figure out how to screw it up even more they should race like those. Now, if Kyle Busch dominates, they will find a way to change it back.:laugh:

Just a question-

Anyone remember the plate races at loudon? SNOOZEEEEEEEFEST

I read between the lines.
I know, drivers are trying harder to win these days. lol

According to the drivers, they risk more for a win now than ever before. Be it risky strategy, bolder moves, more aggressive blocking, or bigger swings at adjustments, the attitude has changed.

i can't tell by the racing. do they mean taking 2 or 4 tires

2 examples that come to mind are Carl at Bristol, where he said they risked a bad points day and made big adjustments because wins are so important, and bad points days don't hurt like they used to. Matt willing to take the risk of wrecking to win and blocking the hell out of the 2 at Richmond. Sadly, Kez showed no balls.

The racing has been more aggressive this year. no doubt in my mind.

Summary of the State of the Sport address:

@jeff_gluck: Brian France on schedule: "There is a robust discussion...to come up with the best schedule we can for 2015 and beyond." Shakeup coming?
@jeff_gluck: Despite recent layoffs, Brian France says NASCAR's "business is sound" and the sport is on solid ground. Sponsorship coming back, he says.
@jeff_gluck: Brian France confirms NASCAR is looking at getting rid of souvenir row. Looking at "newer, better ways" to sell merchandise to fans.
@jeff_gluck: Brian France indicates NASCAR is not considering any sort of cap or limitation on Cup drivers participating in the lower series.
@jeff_gluck: Brian France not too concerned about TV ratings being down. Says digital metrics are strong and rain, World Cup have impacted NASCAR ratings
@jeff_gluck: Summary of Brian France presser: NASCAR is in good shape. He's looking forward to the new Chase and is excited about the racing right now.

Last edited:
2 examples that come to mind are Carl at Bristol, where he said they risked a bad points day and made big adjustments because wins are so important, and bad points days don't hurt like they used to. Matt willing to take the risk of wrecking to win and blocking the hell out of the 2 at Richmond. Sadly, Kez showed no balls.
The racing has been more aggressive this year. no doubt in my mind.

the restarts are, getting on & off pitroad, or to even pit or not, are. but making big adjustments trying to win is their job, and blocking has always gone on, to me the blocking has actually eased up. when a driver doesn't pull over and let a car go by, all you hear is he held him up. thinking about it, i feel it's got less aggressive. i still love it, just think maybe like the 77 team need a retooling.

Br5EOj0CMAASIGh.png

So...Dillon, with 0 Top 10s at tracks not named Daytona, has more points than two drivers with 7 Top 10s, two drivers with six Top 10s, three drivers with five Top 10s, three drivers with four Top 10s, and three drivers with three Top 10s. NASCAR brought points racing upon itself with the simple system they changed to in 2011.

Jr shouldn't be so selfish, what about my yahoo points.

So...Dillon, with 0 Top 10s at tracks not named Daytona, has more points than two drivers with 7 Top 10s, two drivers with six Top 10s, three drivers with five Top 10s, three drivers with four Top 10s, and three drivers with three Top 10s. NASCAR brought points racing upon itself with the simple system they changed to in 2011.

doesn't matter, the top 6 will probably be the top six going thru the playoffs, might have one or two drivers who aren't in the 6 be in contention if they win again before the cut off. But that is roughly who will be in the running.

doesn't matter, the top 6 will probably be the top six going thru the playoffs, might have one or two drivers who aren't in the 6 be in contention if they win again before the cut off. But that is roughly who will be in the running.
It won't affect the championship much, if at all, but most teams' business models depend on making the Chase. Lots of money at stake.

In post-race vids, Woody Dillon talked about the strides they had made that "tightened up the ROTY" points. o_O
I'm going to disagree and say that it was Larson losing 5 spots in the points today...

In post-race vids, Woody Dillon talked about the strides they had made that "tightened up the ROTY" points. o_O
I'm going to disagree and say that it was Larson losing 5 spots in the points today...

As of today, he's in the chase. o_O

Back
Top Bottom