Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

All additional guests over the current nine will be relegated to sleeping outside under the stars. I will provide a cot and beverages though along with a warm fire to sleep by. You will be responsible for your own blankets and pillows. :D
I've done that before and appreciate the offer.Just wish I could make the trip up there.:( Maybe next year?

All additional guests over the current nine will be relegated to sleeping outside under the stars. I will provide a cot and beverages though along with a warm fire to sleep by. You will be responsible for your own blankets and pillows. :D

That's very generous. You better hope the Fed doesn't see this and bus a bunch of kids up from Arizona.

@ReganSmith

Big thanks to Blue Harbor Bank for letting us overtake their lobby for a couple hours, as well as their employees for being good sports.

Jimmie Johnson wins his first career NASCAR win at Chicago in 2001.

Bsw1_EICcAAc6Z4.jpg:large

Wt9rQpC.gif
Qqbh4Sh.gif

NASCAR safety pioneer Dr. John Melvin passes away.....

Bs1tDb5CUAAvuPQ.jpg:large

Most NASCAR fans might not know the name Dr. John Melvin, but in the NASCAR community his work was paramount in the field of driver safety.

A former University of Michigan professor and senior research engineer with General Motors, Dr. Melvin became a paid safety consultant for NASCAR, serving as the Technical Consultant to NASCAR for Racecar Safety.

In this role, Dr. Melvin worked on safety innovations such as the head-and-neck restraints, seat construction, seat belts and SAFER barriers. Dr. Melvin was also the first to develop a black box for racecars in 1991 as part of the GM Racing Safety Program.

Read the rest here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see online some morning that he had been back on dirt again. Probably will happen sooner than most think.

A picture is better than a thousand words......unless the viewer has been dipping in to the Eldora BL stash.

NASCAR's Sprint Cup TV ratings continue to tumble. This past Sunday's off week earned a 0.0 rating with 0 viewers.

Back
Top Bottom