Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

B_jNHF5XEAAhi4r.jpg:large

You should have heard them back in the day when Ethel spun out in final practice @ Langhorn Speedway. She slid down the track collecting Curtis Turner. Curtis had to run to the local Oldsmobile dealer for a brand new 49' Olds. He was relegated to start at the rear of the field and fought his was back up finishing first. The telegraph service was going wild that day with calls for her to be removed from the sport because she was unable to compete with the big boys. I had to look all this information up. Perhaps @Johali could fill us in with his first hand knowledge.
:D

It concerns Tony Stewart so I posted it here. I hope it was as simple as stated and not internal as to get our credit card numbers and other info.

• Eldora Speedway's website hacked: The website of a dirt track owned by NASCAR driver Tony Stewart was hacked Saturday, and a message on the site credits the Islamic State. The message was on the webpage for Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio less than half an hour before it was removed by Eldora officials. Track general manager Roger Slack said authorities had not confirmed that the incident involved an actual message from the Islamic radical group. Slack said officials investigating the incident told him that the hacking apparently impacted several websites based in the Cincinnati-Dayton, Ohio area, including two well-known restaurants.(USA Today)(3-8-2015)

In one year, SHR has:

1. Had a driver be involved in a freak fatal accident.
2. Had a driver be accused of domestic violence and receive a suspension
3. Employed Danica Patrick
4. Been attacked by ISIS

WTF?

Gordon to be honored by Texas Motor Speedway March 12th: #24-Jeff Gordon, who announced in January that this will be the final season of his illustrious Sprint Cup Series career, will be honored by Texas Motor Speedway, the city of Dallas and a Dallas sports great on Thursday, March 12, during a special public event at Klyde Warren Park in the Dallas Arts District. Gordon is scheduled to make a grand entrance at 12:30pm/ct in the famed #24 Panasonic-sponsored Chevy with Godwin from A&E's hit television reality show Duck Dynasty riding shotgun in the two-seater stock car.

@mike honcho, @Magnethead, And anybody else around Dallas/FW. If you have time this may be fun.

Read the rest here: http://www.jayski.com/news/tracks/story/_/page/texas-motor-speedway

Why this week? I'm in Houston until Friday. :(

Maybe I can convince my mom to leave a day early and stop by Dallas on the way home.

Sum interesting numbers.....

1.5 – Average finish for Las Vegas winner Kevin Harvick in the last six races, dating back to last season.
2 – Drivers who have combined to win the last five races on 1.5-mile tracks. Kevin Harvick has three wins (Las Vegas 2015, Homestead 2014, Charlotte 2014) and Jimmie Johnson has two wins (Atlanta 2015, Texas 2014).
5 – Place in points Jeff Gordon ranked after three races last year.
7 – Different winners in the last seven years at Las Vegas – Kevin Harvick (2015), Brad Keselowski (2014), Matt Kenseth (2013), Tony Stewart (2012), Carl Edwards (2011), Jimmie Johnson (2010) and Kyle Busch (2009).
12.5 – Average finish for the No. 41 car (teammate to Kevin Harvick) with Kurt Busch and Regan Smith driving in the last six races.
18 – lead changes in Sunday’s race at Las Vegas.
21 – lead changes in last year’s race at Las Vegas.
23.3 – Average finish for Danica Patrick, teammate of Kevin Harvick, in the last six races.
29.8 – Average finish for Tony Stewart, teammate of Kevin Harvick, in the last six races.
30 – Place Jeff Gordon ranks in points after three races this year.
35 – Place finish for Landon Cassill. He had finished 43rd each of the first two races of the season because of engine failures.
39 – Consecutive races Austin Dillon has been running at the finish – longest active streak in Sprint Cup.
75.0 – Percent of the 795 laps run this year in Sprint Cup that Kevin Harvick (258 laps led), Jimmie Johnson (176) and Joey Logano (162) have combined to lead.
764 – Consecutive starts by Jeff Gordon.
1,992,044 – Dollars in winnings for Daytona 500 champion Joey Logano in the first three races of the season.

from here

Nascar.com's power rankings are a joke. Jeff Gordon is 11th on the list when his best finish is 18th and he sits 30th in points. He shouldn't even be in the top 20 in the power rankings at this point.

So people always talk about how expensive racing is, and I've actually looked at go-kart racing tonight. My question is, has racing always been expensive, or is this a recent phenomenon? I mean, I remember when my brother raced go-karts back in the early 90s and my dad sold the Dodge Challenger he had at the time to start my brother's go-kart racing team. This was a classic Dodge Challenger too, I think it was a 1972.

Goodyear tire test yesterday @ Charlotte. Open NASCAR test there today for the 2016 rules changes with even less down force. The test is open to the public today for free. Starts @ 9am.

@bobpockrass

At test today at Charlotte. One driver per organization. Starts at 9am and no lunch break b/c threat rain this afternoon. Fans enter Gate 5A

Maybe one driver per organization but he can test multiple cars? Interesting that the #48 appears to be in full livery while the #5 is just an number and Goodyear decals. Maybe the #48 is ready for California?

Does that say "Kasey Kahne" over the door? I didn't realize his signature was that large.

Maybe one driver per organization but he can test multiple cars? Interesting that the #48 appears to be in full livery while the #5 is just an number and Goodyear decals. Maybe the #48 is ready for California?

Does that say "Kasey Kahne" over the door? I didn't realize his signature was that large.
Perhaps.

I know Kahne is there today as he's been tweeting from there the past couple days. I wondered if they may have some other, test driver in the #48.

You nailed it.

Video Link

Okay, now that just looks strange.

Back
Top Bottom