Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

it won't make a bit of difference to some, they aren't going to believe she has the same car. I've never bought that line for any of the multi car big teams. yeah one of them struggling to get two cars in the show that can happen, but not the big teams. Jr went for a loong time without a win, no way he was getting a second rate car. Kahne isn't getting one either.

No longer NASCAR but I thought it was interesting.

Robby Gordon fined $4000 for Darwin burnout

Robby Gordon has been slapped with a fine of just over $4000 for doing a burnout in a Stadium Super Truck in downtown Darwin on Saturday night, according to reports.

Following a police investigation into video footage of what appeared to be one of Gordon’s Stadium Super Trucks doing doughnuts out the front of a nightclub on Saturday night, Gordon – having been identified as the driver – was summoned to Darwin Local Court this morning.

https://www.motorsport.com/truck/news/robby-gordon-fined-4000-for-darwin-burnout-920297/

it won't make a bit of difference to some, they aren't going to believe she has the same car. I've never bought that line for any of the multi car big teams. yeah one of them struggling to get two cars in the show that can happen, but not the big teams. Jr went for a loong time without a win, no way he was getting a second rate car. Kahne isn't getting one either.
same car ≠ default setups :D

Back in the day, Rusty Wallace during the end of his career would take a fast car and make it slow with his changes to it as the race wore on, and into the pits every chance he got. Taught me to watch for things like that. Not going to name names but there are drivers doing the same thing in cup. Some it is so obvious, start in the front pack and drop like a rock over and over.

No longer NASCAR but I thought it was interesting.

Robby Gordon fined $4000 for Darwin burnout

Robby Gordon has been slapped with a fine of just over $4000 for doing a burnout in a Stadium Super Truck in downtown Darwin on Saturday night, according to reports.

Following a police investigation into video footage of what appeared to be one of Gordon’s Stadium Super Trucks doing doughnuts out the front of a nightclub on Saturday night, Gordon – having been identified as the driver – was summoned to Darwin Local Court this morning.

https://www.motorsport.com/truck/news/robby-gordon-fined-4000-for-darwin-burnout-920297/

Ooops

I was in Michigan over the weekend. One of my first times out to the Midwest and I heard a Menards commercial and saw a Menards store for the first time.
I hear ya, none here, but driving a big rig up around the great lakes they were everywhere. I went in a couple just to see what Paul's dad had built. really something.

Back in the day, Rusty Wallace during the end of his career would take a fast car and make it slow with his changes to it as the race wore on, and into the pits every chance he got. Taught me to watch for things like that. Not going to name names but there are drivers doing the same thing in cup. Some it is so obvious, start in the front pack and drop like a rock over and over.

What I noticed is many teams are saying after practices they had to change their setups to match a team member's faster times. Kurt don't drive or feel comfortable in Harvick's set ups so they can't run the same.
Then it was said the 14 ran the 4's set up and he was faster. With all these changes going on I say Tony is full of it. The reason JJ wins is the CC gives him what he needs and the same goes for Harvick. Why would they make wholesale changes to Kyle's car if all JGR cars are built the same.
I have read where a brand new car was put on track and it was so slow they trashed it. So to tell me that SHR makes 4 cars the same is bull. They just don't know how to give Danica what she needs.
JGR couldn't give Joey what he needed because the CC thinks he should have been able to drive what Tony did. Last but not least we heard that the 48 and 24 could not drive each others cars.
It all comes down to what can a driver do going into the corner with out crapping his drawers or spinning out.

What I noticed is many teams are saying after practices they had to change their setups to match a team member's faster times. Kurt don't drive or feel comfortable in Harvick's set ups so they can't run the same.
Then it was said the 14 ran the 4's set up and he was faster. With all these changes going on I say Tony is full of it. The reason JJ wins is the CC gives him what he needs and the same goes for Harvick. Why would they make wholesale changes to Kyle's car if all JGR cars are built the same.
I have read where a brand new car was put on track and it was so slow they trashed it. So to tell me that SHR makes 4 cars the same is bull. They just don't know how to give Danica what she needs.
JGR couldn't give Joey what he needed because the CC thinks he should have been able to drive what Tony did. Last but not least we heard that the 48 and 24 could not drive each others cars.
It all comes down to what can a driver do going into the corner with out crapping his drawers or spinning out.
Danica is a good, not great talent. Perhaps a change of scenery will help her, perhaps not. I doubt she will get the chance.

I heard Chad Knaus say, a long time ago, that he gets first choice and if Jeff Gordon had a car he wanted, he could get it. So I don't believe all cars are equal either. There is a pecking order at the shop.

I heard Chad Knaus say, a long time ago, that he gets first choice and if Jeff Gordon had a car he wanted, he could get it. So I don't believe all cars are equal either. There is a pecking order at the shop.
I completely agree with you. Let's face reality though, and realize Danica is no Jimmie Johnson. That guy is HOF material and so is Chad. Danica is good but falls way short (which most drivers do compared to JJ.)

Because of his generous heart.. gave it to Harvick and Kurt.. .you know, the money makers ;)

I wonder why Tony quit picking out the good stuff for himself. You'd think he would have done it for his retirement season.
Tony lost it years ago. Too much stuff on his mind and his physical prowess diminished. He was the reason I got into NASCAR but let's be honest...he stayed too long.

And after Jeff chooses his car, Chad takes the next one and makes it faster.
It helps when your driver has less fear. I believe , like Rusty, Jeff lost a 1/10 of a second when Dale died and he started second guessing himself.
Nothing to be ashamed about when that happens.

DC1w2eTXsAATwd_.jpg:large

This is what I see as one of the problems with NASCAR. Daytona posted this on their Facebook page and apparently thinks if a fan can "see" a driver then everything is just fine. The more I think about this, the more I understand NASCAR/Daytona has no clue how to get fans more engaged.
19390700_10154457246551020_8749834977634670936_o.jpg

This is what I see as one of the problems with NASCAR. Daytona posted this on their Facebook page and apparently thinks if a fan can "see" a driver then everything is just fine. The more I think about this, the more I understand NASCAR/Daytona has no clue how to get fans more engaged.
19390700_10154457246551020_8749834977634670936_o.jpg

This is why I don't like fan zones. Where there are fan zones, you can be sure you aren't going to run into a driver.

I don't recall ever being in a fan zone. I'm just there for the race, but I'm told that isn't the experience today's audiences are looking for.

When I go to a track, I go for days before the race and do all that is there... the race itself is on the last day. After the race it's usually grilling out before leaving the track. Sometimes we have camped over into the next morning. I think I get the total racing experience that way..

When I go to a track, I go for days before the race and do all that is there... the race itself is on the last day. After the race it's usually grilling out before leaving the track. Sometimes we have camped over into the next morning. I think I get the total racing experience that way..
Depends on who else is going on the trip. If it was just Dad and I, we'd spend most time at the track but that was mostly reading and playing cards. If other, non-fan family members came along, we'd spend more time visiting local gardens, museums, historic homes, etc. Martinsville has a great little natural history museum. There's plenty of whitewater rafting around Bristol.

Depends on who else is going on the trip. If it was just Dad and I, we'd spend most time at the track but that was mostly reading and playing cards. If other, non-fan family members came along, we'd spend more time visiting local gardens, museums, historic homes, etc. Martinsville has a great little natural history museum. There's plenty of whitewater rafting around Bristol.
Nothing wrong with that. Me and my family are just more into hanging at the track.

The race is normally a small part, time-wise, of our NASCAR trips. We always take in the experiences outside the track for the largest part of our trips. It doesn't matter where we go or how many times we've been there, we always find new things to do.

Back
Top Bottom