Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Because this seems to indicate he is: The Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS) will indefinitely deny him applying for a competition visa on health and safety grounds.
Ok. Didn't read that far. So the article contradicts itself.
At the top it says ..." offficials flagged banning him"

Seemed to me they had really been being VERY careful about any mentions of her for most of the last 1.5-2 seasons. Lots of the old-guard find her presence offensive, so you can't have any discussion about her. None. I surrender.
Or maybe they are just calling the race like the see it, as in front runners get most all of the yip yap. Mid packers get less unless they break something, crash, or set their hair on fire.

Seemed to me they had really been being VERY careful about any mentions of her for most of the last 1.5-2 seasons. Lots of the old-guard find her presence offensive, so you can't have any discussion about her. None. I surrender.
Seems to me she hasn't done anything to merit being discussed on the air for the last couple of seasons, not since that one Kansas race. Frankly, she hadn't done much to merit having her name mentioned before then either. Maybe the novelty has worn off.

The last couple of weeks, she's done stuff that deserves some attention.

Last edited:
So Carl Edwards in Sonoma to fulfill a sponsor commitment, interesting, I guess he is still under contract for some of the sponsor obligations.

So Carl Edwards in Sonoma to fulfill a sponsor commitment, interesting, I guess he is still under contract for some of the sponsor obligations.
He WILL be a race car again. Not sure what went down late last season behind the scenes but SOMETHING happened. This whole thing smells.

He WILL be a race car again. Not sure what went down late last season behind the scenes but SOMETHING happened. This whole thing smells.
Carl was driver #4 at JGR and I think he was used to being #1.
With 50 million in the bank he can do what he wants.

B_Go-trW8AA8mNf.jpg large.jpg

His interview reminded me of watching Ned Jarrett's hall of fame special I watched yesterday. Interviewers came to him because he wasn't camera shy, many drivers back in the day would freeze up on camera. But Jr was just trying to put it all together, I could tell he has been thinking a lot about being out of the race car, what will be his legacy.

Do you think his success is in part because of his CC or in spite of it?
Is it possible he could already have a win if he had another CC?
I'd say Alan has had a great hand in his success so far, he's building and giving him fast cars off the truck most weeks, and making great adjustments in race to either keep him up front or get him up there. If you remember 2015 was a struggle and Alan and Gordon really were lost, even got into it over the radio. He had no idea how to get the car right for Jeff with that package. With the low downforce though, he and Chase have been money. Alan also has a pretty good track record come chase/playoff time.

You could argue another CC would have gotten him a win, but you have to think about how much would be different if that were the case. Wouldn't necessarily mean it's a better fit. It's all contextual when dealing with that kind of hypothetical. Chase had race winning cars in at least 5 or 6 races last year and for one reason or another it didn't pan out. The caution with 4 to go at Chicago being the glaring one.

I doubt there was a CC in the garage that could help Jeff. I believe he ran with fear his last few years.

Possibly, but he was lights out in 2014 and won the imaginary "points" title. Was shocking to see how bad he was the next year. Except in the chase - Gordon had an avg. finish of 7.6 in the 10 chase races - that's unbelievable when you consider how far off he was that whole year.

CE will get a new CC if he does not get a win soon. Bank on it

Back
Top Bottom