Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Why do cars look like they going sideways down the track??

Because they are, the wheels are straight but the bodies are all skewed. When they enter the corners the passenger side is acting like a spoiler. Side force for days.

Or you could just explain it to the guy. :p
567360.jpg

I was bummed when Frank Kimmel hung it up.That's the cool thing about racing some of these guys are good for a hell of a long time. racer, track owner, Schrader 62 years old at Eldora, 17th driving for Bolen motorsports.
Sammy Swindell is another

Reactions: Pat
WTH? Qualifying on one track to start on another? What kind of qualifying is that?

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 18m18 minutes ago

Qualifying at Indy determined pit selection for Pocono. Qualifying at Pocono determines pit selection for Watkins Glen b/c qual-race Sundays

WTH? Qualifying on one track to start on another? What kind of qualifying is that?

Qualifying at Indy determined pit selection for Pocono. Qualifying at Pocono determines pit selection for Watkins Glen b/c qual-race Sundays
:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. It didn't say starting position.
Yeah but I didn't know that they were going to have qualifying and the race on the same day until now.

I wondered what the implications were going to be when they announced same-day qualifying.

With that said, I don't see why pit selection would be affected. The X and Trucks have plenty of same-day Q. Don't they pick stalls based on the just-completed Q? Have they been working on the previous race's Q all along and I didn't know?

I wondered what the implications were going to be when they announced same-day qualifying.

With that said, I don't see why pit selection would be affected. The X and Trucks have plenty of same-day Q. Don't they pick stalls based on the just-completed Q? Have they been working on the previous race's Q all along and I didn't know?
I have noticed Xfinity pit assignments that confused me by not having the pole man in pit #1. I've meant to raise the question here about why that was happening, but have not ever gotten around to doing it. I do know pit row set-up takes a while, so I think I now have the answer.

It makes sense to go to a track knowing in advance what your pit selection is going to be.
I am wondering how Nascar stumbled onto something that makes sense. :D

It makes sense to go to a track knowing in advance what your pit selection is going to be.
I am wondering how Nascar stumbled onto something that makes sense. :D
I get that. It takes time to set up the war wagons. But how is Chad going to pick the best pit? You know he looks at openings, timing lines, cracks in the concrete, site lines, who his neighbors are, the color of the sky.. you know.

I get that. It takes time to set up the war wagons. But how is Chad going to pick the best pit? You know he looks at openings, timing lines, cracks in the concrete, site lines, who his neighbors are, the color of the sky.. you know.
This idea was made for Chad. If JJ's car can make right turns easy it doesn't matter the pit stall. If the right turns are not forth coming then he needs an open spot in front of him. :sarcasm:

Has anyone ever done this Speed Crate thing. I'm thinking about trying it. Pretty limited driver selection. 29.99 a month for five items. Could be a neat deal.
https://speedcrate.co/

I'm guessing it's the same 'last season' stuff the gypsies sell. I notice the Dillon T-shirt has the Sprint logo on it, and does CAT still sponsor Newman this year? Nothing wrong with that if you don't mind buying a Danica T-shirt with Nature's Bakery on it. :rolleyes:

$29.95 for '$50 dollar value', as defined by the prices originally charged for these items at trackside.

I'm not a big souvenir hound, but I think you'd be better off waiting until October, then blowing three months worth of packages ($90) at NASCAR.com. By then they'll have started marking down this year's stuff, and you can pick what you want instead of the stuff they got cheap.

Your profile doesn't say where you live. If you're within a couple of hours of Charlotte, I'd go to the big souvenir blow-out they hold around Thanksgiving. All the teams are there trying to unload this year's stuff, a chunk of the profits go to charity, and if you spend something like $50 you can take a lap around the track in your street car.

Just one idjit's opinions.

Last edited:
PA DMV must be more efficient than SC. Here we wouldn't have time left to get to the mechanic or return to work.
Well technically I was there first last week because I needed to change my Delaware license to Pa but then apparently they don't like people who can't read the vision test driving, so I had to go to the eye doctor. Turns out I have 20/100 vision in both eyes. But it only took about an hour or so today at the DMV and I don't work until 4 but thia place has been taking the longest.

I feel for ya. When I had to renew my CDL, I had to go to the government run tag agency.40 people ahead of you. take a fukin number. Ding number 5, We have independent tag agencies for 4 wheeler licenses. In and out 5 minutes unless you wait until the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom