Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Can you see the back stretch if I sit top row in Wallace ?? Can someone let me know asap
I've never been there but that lower section only has 15 rows. This is from their 3D seating chart, looks like about 10 rows up. probably going to have a hard time seeing to be honest.

upload_2017-8-17_11-34-3.png

Might have to go up to Tyler tower then.. I just hate being to far from track :/
You'll probably be closer than you think. Top section only has 25 rows. So 40 rows total on the front stretch, some of these tracks have 40 rows in each section. I think you'll be good.

Reading some of the wind tunnel talk in another thread got me thinking about this story. I know it's been posted before but it's worth the read if you've got the time. I may be partial to the story as I'm from this general area and probably have been driving by this for many years without ever even knowing.

The secrets of Laurel Hill revealed - Chip's Secret

The rolling hills of Pennsylvania in the Northern United States hold a mysterious secret buried deep under Laurel Ridge. This highly classified test site is re-writing the textbooks on aerodynamic development.

The construction of the site took place in 2003 and rumours of existence first surfaced a year later.

Rumours of an abandoned highway tunnel being used by a racing team were the talk of the industry, but details were sketchy at best. Eventually Racecar Engineering managed to get hold of images of the tunnel in use which showed some intriguing modifications, including a large metal structure that has been added to the eastern end of the tunnel.

Tales recounted by hikers reveal a little more about what exactly is going on at Laurel Hill: ‘I had been hearing screaming burn outs and deep-tone V8s blasting through four gears clear from the top of the hill,’ claimed hiker Corey Shaulis, who took some of the pictures seen here. Discarded drums of Sunoco Supreme (a racing fuel developed for engines which operate between 7,000 and 10,000rpm and the official fuel of NASCAR) have also been photographed at the eastern end of the tunnel, and a new surface is clearly evident in some pictures, leading into and under the new structure. It all became clear somebody had built exactly what Paul Van Valkenburgh predicted in the March 1995 issue of RCE – a coastdown tunnel – a tool that combines the best elements of real world, straight-line testing and conventional wind tunnels.

Imagine being able to do limitless straight-line testing in perfect conditions – no wind, controlled temperatures and with a real, full-scale car. In the past this was impossible, but not any more.

read the rest here ==> http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/nascar/the-secrets-of-laurel-hill/

Twitter Will Stream Coverage From In-Car Camera During NASCAR Cup Playoff Races

NASCAR this afternoon will announce Twitter will stream coverage from an in-car camera for the 10 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff races, marking the first time the sport has streamed live Cup Series coverage on the social media network. The move will start with the playoff opener at Chicagoland on Sept. 17 and run through the finale in Homestead the week before Thanksgiving.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2017/08/17/Media/Twitter-NASCAR.aspx

Twitter Will Stream Coverage From In-Car Camera During NASCAR Cup Playoff Races

NASCAR this afternoon will announce Twitter will stream coverage from an in-car camera for the 10 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoff races, marking the first time the sport has streamed live Cup Series coverage on the social media network. The move will start with the playoff opener at Chicagoland on Sept. 17 and run through the finale in Homestead the week before Thanksgiving.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2017/08/17/Media/Twitter-NASCAR.aspx
Can anyone explain how this will work on Twitter, to someone (myself ), who can't even figure out how to see replies to tweets? Where would I go to watch the stream?
Very interested since we will still be traveling until early November with no cable access.

Can anyone explain how this will work on Twitter, to someone (myself ), who can't even figure out how to see replies to tweets? Where would I go to watch the stream?
Very interested since we will still be traveling until early November with no cable access.
I use TweetDeck to access Twitter. That or twitter.com. They will provide the link before the event. Click on it and you'll be taken to its destination. It will be pretty self explanatory.

Note: To look at the reply's, simply click on the tweet. IT will expand to show you the responses.

I saw a link to the truck race on another board to facebook last night, and another poster had a link to a stream that I did check and it was out of Canada. I didn't check it to see if the race was live or not on facebook, I try to stay out of that place but some were posting thank you's to the post.

Thanks for asking. You saved me having to do it.
I use TweetDeck to access Twitter. That or twitter.com. They will provide the link before the event. Click on it and you'll be taken to its destination. It will be pretty self explanatory.
Note: To look at the reply's, simply click on the tweet. IT will expand to show you the responses.
See, that's the kind of stuff about Twitter's interface I can never figure out. I admit I haven't looked at seriously in a couple of years, but I don't recall their site having very good tutorials or introductory material. Stuff for posting, but nothing about using the site as a resource.

Do you know if Twitter actually display a stream, or does it have a post that links to a separate site (NASCAR's?) that hosts the streaming?

See, right there you lost me...use tweet deck?
Heck, I just go to twitter.com

So I'm spending the weekend at my parents' place on NC's southernmost coast. I check the cable guide and the local service has its own channel; probably local public access or something. Son of gun, here's live coverage of Myrtle Beach Speedway!

Life is good :)

I liked Geof back in the 80's and early 90's. He sure liked to party and joined us Canadians a few times.

Oh that's the one that tries to take over my computer with BING. I now have a disk that lets me wipe it out and reload Chrome.:D:D

If Denny checks up and wrecks your car, just run him into the fence a few times and he will learn.
It takes awhile for things to get through his arrogance but he is teachable. He tried wrecking Joey a few times and after breaking his back he learned. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Want to see what a composite body does in a crash?
Alex Labbe scores fourth NASCAR win of the season after nudging Kevin Lacroix for the lead in Turn 4 of final lap and Lacroix immediately retaliates.
For years the NASCAR Pinty’s Series has been one of the most competitive that is sanctioned by the organization and Sunday’s finish at Riverside International Speedway lived up to its reputation.

Here is an up close and personal look

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cdn/news/nascar-pintys-series-alex-labbe-943308/

Want to see what a composite body does in a crash?
Alex Labbe scores fourth NASCAR win of the season after nudging Kevin Lacroix for the lead in Turn 4 of final lap and Lacroix immediately retaliates.
For years the NASCAR Pinty’s Series has been one of the most competitive that is sanctioned by the organization and Sunday’s finish at Riverside International Speedway lived up to its reputation.

Here is an up close and personal look

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cdn/news/nascar-pintys-series-alex-labbe-943308/

Uh should the b post come off like that?

Back
Top Bottom