Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I sure would like to see an Xfinity race here. If the trucks can run what stops Xfinity cars from doing so?

Fellows has a prime truck race there, the last race before the playoffs. I don't think Nascar would turn loose that race in Xfinity..it sure would work for me though.

Fellows has a prime truck race there, the last race before the playoffs. I don't think Nascar would turn loose that race in Xfinity..it sure would work for me though.
I would only have to drive 9 hours south to get there.

DXo4p6tWAAAKn4C

I like Gordon, Gibbs, Roush and Penske. Maybe Stafanik? I think you need to get some of the highly important figures in before the next tier of drivers get elected.

I honestly don't know who some of those guys are. Allison, Baker and Gant 1st row, Gibbs, Gordon, Kulwicki 2nd row, B. Labonte, Penske 3rd row, Roush, Rudd, Mike Stafanik (I grew up watching racing in the Northeast is the only reason i know him), Waddell Wilson (??) 4th row

Forgot about what happened at the 500. I felt bad for the parents. They brought their 2 girls to the race. One looked about 16 and the other 13. They stayed for the first 40 laps and half was spent on their phones and they got up and left. I thought they were going to the bathroom but I was wrong. They didn't return til 15 laps left in the race. Hope they got the tickets for free.

Getting the Phx car ready before Leaving Las Vegas

Gordon, Penske, and Roush are locks. Baker, probably.

Davey Allison was before I started following the sport. I don't mean any offense, but does his career have the numbers to support an HOF slot?
I don't know that it's just about the numbers. I think in certain cases it's what they did for the sport. Davey had quite the following back in the day. No doubt, at some point, he'll be there along with many others that some will feel are undeserving.

I like Gordon, Gibbs, Roush and Penske. Maybe Stafanik? I think you need to get some of the highly important figures in before the next tier of drivers get elected.

I honestly don't know who some of those guys are. Allison, Baker and Gant 1st row, Gibbs, Gordon, Kulwicki 2nd row, B. Labonte, Penske 3rd row, Roush, Rudd, Mike Stafanik (I grew up watching racing in the Northeast is the only reason i know him), Waddell Wilson (??) 4th row
Two of them are Holman and Moody before Roush, Ford car builders. They were right in the thick of the horsepower, wing era.

ah man, couldn't this have gone over on the IndyCar thread, some of us want to forget
Sure, I guess it could have but if others are like me, they seldom frequent that area of the forums. I know I'm only interested in one of their races each year in May. Other than that, I couldn't care less about the IRL.

From what I remember there was IRL for Americans and ovals and CART for foreigners and roady courses. It has been years since I kept up but I thought I heard at one point they merged into new series.

They lost me when they went to having the races officiated by "Race Control" Most fans have to wait for rulings like a bunch of errant school kids. What is funny is that the drivers pull plenty of goofy driving without any help from race control sticking their noses into it and making it even more confusing.

Water cooler brainwashing of the NCAA bracket is sad.

Americans are really missing out by missing NASCAR.

Wow I didn't even know this was a thing. That's a pretty sweet convenience to have if you're infield camping. Daytona could benefit from something like that with people camping there for Speedweeks.
I'm guessing if you are paying the kind of prices Daytona charges for infield camping, you'd have little money left over for groceries or bicycles.

Infield camping starts @ $250 for a tent in the infield up to $1,150 if you'd like to camp near the drivers.

Bicycles? ROTFL
I guess for people who forget their own.
Yeah, but they've got to still be in the boxes. There's no way they'd have the space to ship and display pre-assembled ones. Who wants to spend their time assembling a bike? Half the infield would be too drunk to do it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom