Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

This is pretty cool, I wish they would let the drone stay off of the tether though:

Let's face it its on a tether so they don't have a repeat of the cable cam incident and we have to listen to Kyle Busch whine about how he hit a drone at 200 mph

Let's face it its on a tether so they don't have a repeat of the cable cam incident and we have to listen to Kyle Busch whine about how he hit a drone at 200 mph
Yes, no doubt this was a mandate by NASCAR.

Jordan Bianchi‏ @Jordan_Bianchi
Furniture Row Racing owner Barney Visser is back in the garage after suffering a heart attack last fall. Visser was not able to attend Homestead and missed Martin Truex Jr. winning the championship.
DWHFotAUQAAGEQr.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
Darrell Wallace's post race was arrogant and shameful to take time away from reporters and fake cry and hug that person. He shouldn't
even be in that ride. Ryan Reed has sponsorship and is a 2 race winner.

Now we know why Dale hustled off quickly and caught an early flight to Korea --- ROTFL

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
I ate the rest of the ice cream in the freezer.

nascarcasm‏Verified account
The thing about the Denny/Bubba dust-up is that it in terms of severity was a relatively minor incident when compared to say, a husband eating all of his pregnant wife’s coconut ice cream then fleeing to South Korea.

Now we know why Dale hustled off quickly and caught an early flight to Korea --- ROTFL

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
I ate the rest of the ice cream in the freezer.

nascarcasm‏Verified account
The thing about the Denny/Bubba dust-up is that it in terms of severity was a relatively minor incident when compared to say, a husband eating all of his pregnant wife’s coconut ice cream then fleeing to South Korea.
:eek:

Dude needs to be talking to North Korea about refugee status.

Darrell Wallace's post race was arrogant and shameful to take time away from reporters and fake cry and hug that person. He shouldn't
even be in that ride. Ryan Reed has sponsorship and is a 2 race winner.

Hmmm,,,,,I'm not sure what you saw. I think a second place finish at the Daytona 500 is worthy of a few tears and a hug from mom. And I don't care which of the new gen drivers it might have been. In a sport starved for authenticity, not pre-canned, predictable, non stop sponsor plugging, I thought his post race presser was a breath of fresh air. And what else does the press have to do? I'm thinking it's their job to talk to the top finishers.

... And what else does the press have to do? I'm thinking it's their job to talk to the top finishers.
I recall the top 3 finishers are required to be at the post race press conference, so I'm not sure how Bubba could be considered as taking time away from the media.

F#&k. Terrible news. Raj Nair has been a steadfast supporter of Ford Performance and the importance of racing to Ford. I sure hope those principles carry on unabated.

It is so disappointing and disheartening to see so many successful and talented and powerful men who don't have the decency and respect for others in the workplace. What were they thinking?

I think Edsel Ford the 3rd 4th whatever out trumps him a bit. I'll get shot for this, but I think corporate America has found a way to get rid of high price deadwood. Not saying all of the claims in any way are false, but with anything else, somebody will use this to their advantage.

I think Edsel Ford the 3rd 4th whatever out trumps him a bit. I'll get shot for this, but I think corporate America has found a way to get rid of high price deadwood. Not saying all of the claims in any way are false, but with anything else, somebody will use this to their advantage.
I don't think cost cutting is their primary motivation. However, this is a business decision and money is always a factor in those. Any debate may be over how much of a factor salary is. I suspect the potential lost business from adverse publicity played a bigger role.

... It is so disappointing and disheartening to see so many successful and talented and powerful men who don't have the decency and respect for others in the workplace. What were they thinking?
They're thinking, "I'm successful and talented and powerful. I've managed bigger risks, completed bigger projects. I can get away with this."

Back
Top Bottom