Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

FB_IMG_1520564475161.jpg

I don't remember meeting Hermie Sadler when I was a kid but I must have it's signed to me.

Cleaning up my room and going through a few of the well over 100 race cars I have, it's weird since I don't take them out of the box anymore. So going through the open ones makes me feel so much like a kid again.
FB_IMG_1520570987366.jpg

Before 2004 cautions were caused mainly because of engine failures and driver errors.
Since then many cautions have been caused by Nascar trying to bunch the field for the drama of the restart. However I wonder if the weather itself isn't playing a bigger role in stopping a race and having it end under caution.

The point is the overtime rule doesn't increase the percentage of green flag finishes. The percentage of races ending under caution is statistically the same with the rule as without it, regardless of the reasons for those cautions. Therefore, why have the rule?

Clearly it means we need the ARCA rule in NASCAR. Ends under green no matter what.

Clearly it means we need the ARCA rule in NASCAR. Ends under green no matter what.
That is completely wrong. They advertise a race and the distance. If you don't like who is winning just keep causing cautions until someone beats the leader. With a four car team you can purposely cause 6 cautions without damaging a car. That is real BS in my book.

That is completely wrong. They advertise a race and the distance. If you don't like who is winning just keep causing cautions until someone beats the leader. With a four car team you can purposely cause 6 cautions without damaging a car. That is real BS in my book.
And that has never happened.

So the number of races finishing under caution in the GWC era is about the same as prior. Bonus of the GWC is we get a little more racing. I'll take that over the previous method of finishing the race. I think it's great that NASCAR makes the effort to give us fans a green flag finish even if it doesn't work out that way all the time. I don't see any reason to change the rule back to the way it was or alter it in any way for that matter.

So the number of races finishing under caution in the GWC era is about the same as prior. Bonus of the GWC is we get a little more racing. I'll take that over the previous method of finishing the race. I think it's great that NASCAR makes the effort to give us fans a green flag finish even if it doesn't work out that way all the time. I don't see any reason to change the rule back to the way it was or alter it in any way for that matter.
I disagree. many of the cautions in the past was because of part failures etc. In this era, NASCAR causes many of the GWC because of their idea that a bunched up field is the best racing. So why don't e just have a 10 lap shoot out. Why run 490 miles so that the best car can lose the race in the GWC? The extra laps where the best car gets beat up on is why I am losing interest in Nascar.

I disagree. many of the cautions in the past was because of part failures etc. In this era, NASCAR causes many of the GWC because of their idea that a bunched up field is the best racing. So why don't e just have a 10 lap shoot out. Why run 490 miles so that the best car can lose the race in the GWC? The extra laps where the best car gets beat up on is why I am losing interest in Nascar.

You'll never get it anyway, so what is the point?

Personally, I don't think six or eight extra laps under yellow is worth another two laps of green, assuming there isn't another wreck tearing up a bunch of hardware and finishing under caution anyway. When I'm NASCAR commissioner, GWC / overtime will be the second thing to go, right after I ditch the Chase / playoffs.

Something is wrong with that picture. IMO.
I don't think so. For starters, Nascar runs 2.4 times as many races. And IndyCar is more of a pure spec series, with proscribed part numbers. Nascar has fewer degrees of freedom than it did decades ago, but still more than IndyCar has.

Wow, and people complain about NASCAR ticket prices.....

I thought maybe I'd surprise the wife and get a couple seats down @ Pittsburgh's PPG Paints Arena, one of the sites of the NCAA D1 Mens BB playoffs. And then, I thought again. Cheapest seat is $228/seat for the first round this Thursday. :eek:

Suddenly a $65 seat @ Martinsville or even a $110 seat @ Bristol doesn't seem that bad.

I thought maybe I'd surprise the wife and get a couple seats down @ Pittsburgh's PPG Paints Arena, one of the sites of the NCAA D1 Mens BB playoffs. And then, I thought again. Cheapest seat is $228/seat for the first round this Thursday. :eek:
Gotta pay back all those expensive scholarships. ;)

State and Federal taxes are paying the majority of the School and the stadium they play in. .meanwhile our teachers haven't had a raise in 5 years in Oklahoma

State and Federal taxes are paying the majority of the School and the stadium they play in. .meanwhile our teachers haven't had a raise in 5 years in Oklahoma

That is a nice thought about the teachers. Good teachers are heroes. Unfortunately they haven't found people willing to plunk down $228 (or $28) to watch a math class. Division 1 college football and basketball are enormously profitable enterprises, for better or worse. Every other college sport, and essentially every other part of what colleges do, is not and must be funded from somewhere if they are to exist.

That is a nice thought about the teachers. Good teachers are heroes. Unfortunately they haven't found people willing to plunk down $228 (or $28) to watch a math class. Division 1 college football and basketball are enormously profitable enterprises, for better or worse. Every other college sport, and essentially every other part of what colleges do, is not and must be funded from somewhere if they are to exist.
no they are not.

Back
Top Bottom